My first ever indoor grow

if I were in your position I would just switch the lights where you want immediately rather than do it incrementally. Provided they are still in veg.

3 Likes

Ty. yes they are still in veg will be for a bit yet. It stalled out a bit during the seedling stage before I got the hid. So my plan is to veg it all Dec and most likely a big portion of Jan. Mainly so I can get plenty of clones for the next run and also to improve yield as best I can.

3 Likes

Ya just set it to whatever schedule you want and she’ll figure it out no problem.

Lol at my comment about intermatic timers from earlier…I guess they don’t make them like they used to :thinking:

2 Likes

No it was bad to begin with turned out. I found on the inside of the timer when it died ng fast In marker on it. Didn’t see it at first. It was just a few minutes a day it was off and that wasn’t to big a deal but when it started jumping 3 hours ahead in less than 24 hours then there was an issue. So I’m just using the generic timer that came with the light for now.

4 Likes

Thanks for the answers you guys gave me. I appreciate it a lot. This whole indoor thing is new to me but ever so fun seeing how the plant grows seemingly overnight compared to how I used to grow outdoors.

6 Likes

Gave the mk ultra a “haircut” this morning removing all the large fan leaves and letting her branches get all the light.

And here’s the dragons blood clone I was gifted after about 3 days since one of my cats (his name is Reggie :crazy_face:) “helped” me prune it. I’m just glad to see new growth and that the single leaf he left kept it chugging along.

6 Likes

I must say I’m beginning to like this indoor growing. It’s awesome to see how compact and bushy this mk ultra is so far.
So yeah I most likely won’t flip to flower before the end of January if it stays relatively compact. Also to give the clone a chance to catch up a bit as I only have the one closet for my needs right now. I want to use the shelves I installed on the short height end of the closet for clones and starting veg untill the clones are ready for the 400w to finish vegging out and flower.
The closet I’m using is 2’ wide by 7 long and height varies from 9’ on the tall end and 7’ on the short end. The 3 shelves take up the short end of the closet and are 2’ by 18" deep just have to make doors and airflow control for them and then they should fit my need of clones and seedling starting just fine. My 400w is covering a 2’ by 3’ grow area in the closet which I’m using a mixing tub (1of 3) I found for free and scrubbed and sterilized before use.

1 Like

Seedling/clone starting

Prospective veg start/autoflower area

And finally the finishing area.

4 Likes

Here is today’s photo update.

The mk ultra just chugging along nicely. Just love that when I rub the stem and smell it’s got such a skunky smell already.

And here is the dragons blood clone that my cat tried to decimate. I’m so surprised that the one half eaten leaf that he left was enough to keep it alive. But alive it is and now has two branches starting. Hopefully within the week it will be ready to uppot to it’s final home for the grow.

8 Likes

They are very resilient. I once ripped all but the tiniest fraction of a leaf taking off a helmet head. She was just fine.

Looking good!

4 Likes

Thank you much. I’m constantly suprised and amazed at how resilient the cannabis plant is.

4 Likes

Today’s update. Gave the mk ultra another haircut, took a couple of clones, started lsting the branches outward to let the new growth get some light.

The dragons blood is coming around nicely and will most likely up pot to the 3 gallon pot tomorrow.
I also put a couple of auto beans i received from @Burnso in paper towels to get em popping. Gonna try em out and see if I like them. Plan on using same nutes and drop em in Coco in 1 gal pots.
Things are going more than smooth so far and I’m rather content with the way things are going so far. Just hope that everything keeps going smoothly for me.

12 Likes

Time for today’s update. Sorry no pics today irl things are hectic being Christmas and all. The dragons blood has been up potted to it’s 3 gal home started lsting it today. Trying to lst the whole plant instead of just individual branches as I’m doing with the mk ultra. The clones I took are looking rather well even though I thought I lost one it was all wilted down and looking almost dead yesterday and yet when I checked and watered the girls today it had lost a leaf or 2 but it’s now standing straight up tall and proud and that pleases me immensely. Gonna be gifting one to the gentleman who turned me on to Overgrow soon as they are ready, as a bit of a thank you for helping me get back in the game after a rather long hiatus from growing anything more than flowers. It’s the least I can do.
The 2 auto beans had tails overnight and are in one gallon pots I’m anxiously awaiting their arrival above ground. They are either some of @ReikoX work or next gen from some of his work I honestly don’t remember which my friend said at the moment. Was lifted when they were gifted.
Either way I’m going to see how they do for me. So far so good still. Mainly I’m just applying nutes some lst and heavy doses of Litfa.
As far as nutes are concerned the mk is getting full 10g per gal of maxigrow and the dragons blood is on 5g per gal dosing till it’s a bit better established in it’s new home. The clones are just getting plain water in precharged Coco untill they have a root system then feeding the low dose to them for about a week or so until they get up potted. Just plain water so far for the 2 autos till they pop above ground and are ready for feeding. I’m liking the maxigrow nutes so far. It has the girls chugging along happily with no deficiency or nute burn whatsoever at present. Will take photos tomorrow during lights on if I’m able to otherwise it will be the following day for sure.

6 Likes

Looks like things are going along just great. And I See u are much better at keeping a grow log than I lol. Keep up the good work if u have any questions or need help in any way. You know where I’m at

2 Likes

Great work @joecool enjoying this grow

1 Like

Today’s shot of the mk ultra. The cup is a 32oz plastic cup for reference (it’s just about 3 Bics tall) She is definitely chugging along and wanting two waterings a day now. Starting to have a noticeable skunky smell.

The dragons blood is liking her new big home, my plan with her is to lst curly q her around the pot from where she is and work her outward to the edge of the pot then flower her out.
The clones of the mk are still going good. Will be able to up pot them soon, and the autos I popped are just starting to show themselves this morning.
All in all still going well and I couldn’t be happier with the grow so far.

10 Likes

Yes so far so good. As far as a log I have to do it otherwise I wouldn’t remember what I’ve done so far lol. I still feel my log is basic compared to others on here but then again it is my first indoor grow so as time goes on I’m sure I’ll become more competent at it. You have already helped immensely just by introducing me to this awesome site and getting me back into growing and for that I thank you.

1 Like

Hello Overgrow family. Here’s today’s update. The mk decided to take off and had a growth spurt over the last few days. I’m still just doing the same things as far as care. Lots of litfa and regular waterings. Otherwise not much is going on with the grow.
The dragons blood is still chugging along no issues there neither.
The 2 autos I started didn’t make it. I had them to close to the big light. I had thought they were far enough away but alas I was wrong. Live and learn. I put a couple more auto beans in paper towels today and shall see what happens.

8 Likes

The MK is looking real good.

What happened to the autos? Did they cook under the light?

Not to worry, it happens :slight_smile:

1 Like

Here’s a pic of the dragons blood.
And to answer your question @Foreigner yeah I didn’t have them far enough away and they just fried. Lesson learned and I will move them to the farthest point away from the big light. I had them right next to the mixing tub that I’m using to catch runoff from the mk and dragons blood.

7 Likes