Neb's 1st Grow Log

2 week pics. All plants have about 5 nodes and roots starting to drop in the water. Few burns from over feeding but i think I fixed it fast enough!

11 Likes

1st 3 pics are the auto flowers

Doing a little test with a Wedding cake fem auto I got today from freeseeds.ca

Trying no paper towel germination or anything just threw it right in my hydroton replacing the plant that got cut down by a ear wig today.

I wonder if that is why I am seeing them. Never had before.

Little update I suspect I have a caterpillar in tent munching away like some big stoner on my plants. Lights are about to turn off so i just finished spraying my plants with this.

Get the Safer

1 Like

my next question for you guys!

Is it too early to remove some of the bottom fan leaves? I noticed on some of the plants the nodes are so close together the leaves are almost sitting on top of each other. ill take some pictures in around 6 hours when lights are back on.

1 Like

Should I remove the fan leaves that are laying on the hydroton or is it too early?

3 Likes

Water temps seem to be getting a bit high. I was averaging 22-23c 2 weeks ago and now im at 23-24c. After reading @JoeCrowe 's grow log I decided I should probably try to drop my water temps. Going to see if i can make it through the summer just freezing some bottles and putting them in the res.

1 Like

yah that trick can lower the temps. It’s irritating to change them out, I mean, that’s what I’ve heard. I’ve also seen people use a water chiller.

1 Like

That shit will scare away the ear wigs too.

1 Like

I noticed on one side of my tent my leaves are “tacoing” and the plants progressively seem to untaco as i make my way to the other side of the tent.

I have a couple theories.

My air exhaust is on the side where the plants look healthiest. I recently started moving around my hygrometer to see if humidity/temp changes much from 1 side of the tent to the other.

My 2nd theory is that the floor in my basement is slopped towards the sump pit so the healthiest plants have the least amount of water in there tote and the plants showing the strongest signs of tacoing have more water in its tote. I suspect the DO levels are higher in the totes with less water and that could be the reason.

1 Like

This is the “bad side” of the tent.

1 Like

Good side

2 Likes

It’s pretty warm in there alright. 30C wow! Plants are actually looking pretty good. As long as you can keep the water temps down the plants metabolism should keep things going even at elevated temps. The danger is the plant gets really large and the water is warm then the oxygen levels get below 7ppm and the pythium fungus destroys the roots. Worst case scenario. vpd chart says it’s too dry at 47% for 30C during veg I’m pretty sure it said 75% RH yikes!

1 Like

I have not been running my AC unit at all so far just cranked up the exhaust fan to drop temps.

Have not really figured out a way to stabilize humidity yet it seems to be all over the place.

3 Likes

Alright folks little update here. Couple days past 4 weeks since seeds hit water. Plants are not dead yet so far so good :joy:. The plants got quite bushy…

Did a couple trimming sessions over the weekend not really sure if it was a good idea or not lol

And here’s some close ups. A couple of the plants seemed to have trained them self lol. the fan leaves on these are huge bigger than my hand, maybe they weighed a couple of the plants down?

7 Likes

I was feeling a little adventurous so I set this up today. I figure I have about 2 weeks of veg left to start filling it before flip.

And heres some root pics.

6 Likes

Those roots look great! They’re definitely healthy.

1 Like

Glad to hear it I was thinking they look pretty good but love to hear it from someone who knows what they are doing! If you see anything that doesnt look good dont hold back i want to hear that also.

1 Like

oh sure! I also smell the roots. They give of a strange stink when they are under stress, kind of earthy at first then turning swampy. Healthy roots smell like vegetables, sort of like a cucumber?

4 Likes