Need something 3d printed? & Offer your 3d printing services

Im confused by your math and would love to see you pull that number out of plants, just remember the plants need somewhere to grow aswell. Its good for smaller plants like lettuce but 4z of bud in 12 inch triangle? I can see it working if you are talking only about the root space.

In my experience youll produce more per sq ft with trays of short clones on shelves than vertical or angles.

Saying that if you can design this or draw it, it can be printed for you to test out. I cant even get my head around what a trapezoidal pyramid is

3 Likes

Yes, I think Im gunna try and figure out the 3D printing programs to see if I can get a image to work with.

Now as a side note, you wouldn’t need large plants…little single buds would work…

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Try fusion 360, theres a good few videos out there on how to use it and you can just use the free version of it.

1 Like

I used one when in Mexico. Couldnt get one on the island so I printed one. It actually worked exceptionally well, but your weed had to be drier (moist buds didnt work well). They HAVE to be the old school “grain crusher wheel” style, ANYTHING with points will fail eventually. But grain crusher style? No PLA rubbing off, and it held up quite a while.

Do I use a printed one when I can purchase an aluminum one (own several)? NOPE. But in a pinch, they can work…

2 Likes

I printed that top grinder, at 100% and at 200% (w/ mount added for a stepper motor to turn it which didn’t work too well as it needed much more torque).

Its not bad, but the teeth dont grind so much as they act as a mechanism to pull material between them. Top gear turns clockwise, bottom turns counterclockwise pushing material instead of tearing it apart. The teeth wont likely break in this orientation / use, but the grinder itself is limited to drier buds.

PLA+ is pretty much the same cost as PLA depending on the vendor. Some I like, some I HATE. It can take a bit more tuning on the temps to avoid stringing, curling, etc.

Even while using just plain PLA. Temp makes a difference. Theres a range of 20C for most filaments. Higher temps = stronger prints due to better bonding, lower temps = less stringing if you have details like railings or spires. Printing the grinder I used 225C, most of my other prints with details would be at 210. But the grinder was simple, and any stringing could easily be cleaned up.

2 Likes

Havent had a need for CF or Nylon, but have printed silk varieties. CERTAINLY not as strong as regular PLA, each one was kinda brittle in comparison to be honest, not just one roll. And its known that silk filaments can be more brittle. Tried printing an RC car body from a blue silk, looked GREAT, but broke easily, especially compared to just plain blue PLA.

1 Like

Can anyone make me some hollow seed holders with a cap and OTOTW on the back of them? Would probably be a relatively bulky order

2 Likes

Can do but what side of the ocean are you? If you are in the usa or that side maybe someone over there will do it cheaper.

1 Like

I prefer to assume that I can will marijuana into existence without bothering to grow the plants at all. Seems about as realistic as this. 4 ounces per square foot and 25% yield on the hash? Pretty sure hash is about a 10% yield if not lower, and if you can actually get 4 ounces per square foot you should be designing commercial grow spaces for VCs with millions of dollars to throw around rather than talking to us about it.

Less than a square inch per plant? Do you have a robotic arm with surgical accuracy to plant them?

If you’re getting a 25% yield on your hash, it’s pretty badly contaminated with plant matter. Seems like a high price, though I don’t sell personally and markets vary… dunno.

Pretty much. :stuck_out_tongue: I’m having trouble imagining this as a complete system that could possibly function in the real world, but I’m interested in seeing it if you can actually get it drawn and printed out!

3 Likes

I’m going to reply to this just to clear things up:

The 172 plants are actually over a 30 square foot area. * This give each plant 25 square inches of grow space. The pyramids give the 1 square foot base area a vertical planting area of 30 square feet :grinning:.

That’s pretty cool when you actually say it…:grin:

This method reminds me of Thai Stick for some reason…:grin:

:four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

Can anyone do a few hundred seed pucks?

3 Likes

Where abouts are you based? I can but im in the uk so if you are usa or closer to there the shipping will be cheaper if someone that side will print em for you.

1 Like

I know @Bobgrows can do just about anything. If you go that way ask her to make you a loader as well, the sliding one she made me is amazing and saves me a ton of time.

11 Likes

Thank you for the reply. I’m in Midwest US. Hopefully someone from this side of the pond will reply.

Peace :v:

3 Likes

Ooooooohhhhhhh! That’s fancy!

3 Likes

Yeah theres a ton of potential out there with 3d printing, i love getting to see and chat with people that create these as im learning tons from every creator being new to 3d modelling and printing :partying_face:

Has anyone yet made or considered making plastic squares with round holes the size of the bottom of a solo cup? I’m sure I’m not the only one who knocks over their solo cup seedlings.

6 Likes

Me! :raising_hand_woman:
I knock mine over every time!!
@Kasper0909 check your DM

3 Likes

That’s a pretty good idea. I don’t personally use them currently, but it wouldn’t be hard to make something to hold them up that isn’t too hard to print and wouldn’t take a big footprint.

2 Likes

Not too difficult… can be done…already done… lol

11 Likes