Nefrella's Mephisto & Night šŸ¦‰

Didnā€™t realize they made a machine to do that Iā€™ll have to check them out thanks.

2 Likes

@Gravitys-Rainbow do I need to grind up the cannabis before tossing it into the machine? That part wasnā€™t so clear if it has a grinder built in. Thanks! Excited for mine to arrive today!!

2 Likes

I donā€™t think itā€™s necessary itā€™s got a built in stirring stick.

3 Likes

If it is a big bud you might want to clip it in half. I donā€™t grindā€¦ I let the butter machine do that.
It will hold about 20grams. What you will notice if you have been using 28grams per edibles is that the 20grams will kick your ass as hard if not harder because of the machine you are using does such a good job.

GR

2 Likes

Thanks for confirming quantity, they say 28 g but I was wondering. The only thing I donā€™t like about the MBM is the minimum 2 cups needed per batch. Can you use less with success? @Gravitys-Rainbow

2 Likes

I normally run two batches for a total of 40grams. Then use Grain alcohol in the MBM to make tincture and let it go for 8 hours. Remember if you are making alcohol tincture with MBM dont use any temps. You have already Decarbā€™d it. I found the MBM instructions a little hard to understand because of this.

GR

3 Likes

How much grain alcohol do you use per batch? And once you have extracted the goodies, how much to you reduce the mixture?

1 Like

4 cups - a whole litre. $35.00 worth. I dont reduce as I only make one edible, gummies )I want to get high not be a baker :slight_smile: ) , I just have the recipe for the perfect mixture. I need to change it here as I have altered it a bit. Using less water and more tincture.

Here is my recipe:

6 Likes

Thanks! And sorry @nefrella for hijacking your thread.

2 Likes

Oh, no worries at all, Iā€™m enjoying learning too @Tejas !

3 Likes

Iā€™m not sure how I didnā€™t see your thread before now, but I just made up for lost time.

Iā€™ve been picking up a few Night Owl & Meph seeds from time to time to temporarily satisfy my seed buying addiction. Decided thereā€™s no time like the present to try one out, so I have a Wizardā€™s Apprentice F5 around day 50 as Iā€™m vegging some other photos.

8 Likes

You rang? lol

Yep @Gravitys-Rainbow 's recipe is very similar to my own and it works like a charm. I just evaporate all the tincture. thatā€™s all. super easy recipe. I keep mine in freezer because theyā€™re more fun.

2 Likes

Making some butter, super stoked the Ardent is working now! Found this really neat dosage calculator: https://scientificedibles.com/

This batch, 500 Ml (about 2-1/3 cups) clarified butter, probably will finish it out tomorrow.

12 Likes

i havent frozen any yet. ill try that next time
GR

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a great site! Thanks for sharing @nefrella.
:test_tube: :woman_scientist: :petri_dish: :cookie:

My wife is excited to have this to provide more consistency in the meds I make her. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

:drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face::drooling_face:

7 Likes

Ended up doubling it to 42grams into the clarified butter, around 85 mg tsp. Pretty dark, but it tastes really goodā€¦as Iā€™m squeezing the mesh screen (no gloves) going ā€œoh idiot, youā€™re absorbing the thcā€ hahahahahaha. Delicious. Filtered with a 25 micron, too small, went up to the 160 was perfect and then cheesecloth (I hate gritty butter). Started 500 ml, end product around 400 ml (original was 3 cups, 6 sticks salted butter).

14 Likes

Looks good. So does it taste heavily ā€˜weedyā€™ or more like butter?

2 Likes

It tastes nutty with just a hint of weed, delightfully surprised.

4 Likes

Oh nice, well enjoy!

2 Likes