New Grow Reboot- newb2.0 doing newb things

This girls is going to be a beast. Or I should say she already is a beast! 2 weeks of 12/12

16 Likes

Finally confirmed 2/4 of the OG Blue Lotus are females.
Beast mode continues on with this one. 4 weeks under 12/12. Starting to stack, stretch seems done.

18 Likes

This pheno of the OG Blue Lotus is super quick to clone, really vigorous, and has great structure. Got a couple going to be ready to go into the flowering room in a few weeks. (This one is showing slight signs of being underfed)

10 Likes

6 weeks what a beast. This weekend was the first time I cut anything off of her- she got a little defoliation. She hasnt been topped, bent, trained. All natural structure on her, hadnt pruned any leaves either. These pics were before I pruned any leaves last night. Been really just doing once a week top dress and feeding water +coconut & aloe and sometimes Epsom salts. No troubles at all w this one.

16 Likes

Been awhile since I posted in this thread. Almost 9 weeks w the SSDD and the OG Blue Lotus.

Been smoking on some SSDD from another plant, and have another on deck at about 4 weeks flowering, but i think I’m going to let her go after this. She’s pretty finicky w nutes and light levels, took 11 weeks to finish and couldve even went longer. Got the younger SSDD pollinated on a few buds just so i have more SSDD to come back to. Tried to get a shot showing the swollen calyxes that I pollinated- doesnt seem like I’ll get a ton of seeds based on what I see, and a look at the foxtailing on the 9 week plant.

SSDD almost 9 weeks

Pollinated buds at about 4 weeks

OG Blue Lotus (Blue OG x Snow Lotus) doing its thing

16 Likes

@GrowHard 5-c of the unknown mother. Less than a week now, amber seems to be coming on rather quick. Gonna let it go the right amount of time thats for sure.

The Guava 99s ive managed to screw up pretty bad. The only 1gals I’m flowering. Over watered leading into last weekend bc I was going to be gone, and rigged up what I thought was a good idea for keeping them watered but turns out that really did a number on my roots. Add in the fungus gnat problem that no doubt helped make a lot worse, along with rootbound pots, and I have really yellow plants with really weak roots that should be stacking buds right now bc they’re already thru the stretch. When I realized what the problem was, I let them dry out, and gave them a light feed last night. I know I should exercise a bit of LITFA, but I may experiment w one by shaking some roots loose and replacing some new soil.

Regardless, ive waged war on the gnats. Drenched soil twice with neem, 3 days apart, next treatment tomorrow. Cleaned the room, all the trays. I keep the mosquito bits going in my water but they’re so bad I don’t think its helping.

14 Likes

Such weird bud structure on this SSDD. I’m almost at 10 weeks, based on the last run I’m planning to take it to 10 weeks, if not 11.

11 Likes

Another big gap since my last post. Update is I now have another SSDD in a 7gal pot, likely will finish up by Monday the 29th.

My G99s that were hurting in their 1 gal pots, even though they were yellowed like crazy are beefing up and frosting up heavily. Turned them around w heavy fungus gnat control, backed off on watering and upped the nutrients. Pretty consistent between the different females, but I’m vegging out 2 of them now in order to flower again soon. These new clones are much healthier now than the originals I’m running now so I have high hopes my next try will give me a truer look at this strain.

And that @growhard blue snow is great smoke, although a bit more sativa leaning than my preference. If I had a heavy indica on hand I’d like it a lot more, but I have plenty of SSDD right now and that also leans sativa. But was a dream to grow so ive got some more on deck to see if subsequent runs dont end up a little different than the first. And also hoping I can crank up the yields- my one 3 gal plant yielded heavy- looking to do even better next time w a 20gal living soil set up.

Pics to come tonight or tomorrow. Been slacking on grow updates. Hoping to run these G99s, pick a keeper and roll into popping some of the Bodhi gear I bought around 4/20.

9 Likes

Just a few shots of some g99 at about 8 weeks.

14 Likes

First attempt at reusing soil. Took pots from another run, reamended it, and potted a Blue Snow in a 20 gal. Vegged for a couple weeks, been in flowering for a week now. The 7 gal got a week in that pot vegging and just went into flower. The 20 gal is gonna be my first attempt at no till. And I’m trying to train these as if they were a scog without a net- kinda a supercrop flat top and tie down. I’m realizing now that not topping it at all may play against me in the long run w how I’m training…

12 Likes

Oh and the SSDD in the 7 gal came down last night. Checked one of the branches I pollinated- I found 1 seed at the very least! Gonna wait for it to dry and search a bit more as I have the 2 branches labelled.

So my very first pollination experiment used an SSDD female, pollinated a branch w an SSDD male, and another branch w pollen from a blue snow. We’ll see!

3 Likes

If you see one theres more lurking in there somewhere haha. Nice g99s I wish mine would chunk out like that!

1 Like

very nice job :slight_smile: thank you for sharing

your work

all the best in your grow

Dequilo

1 Like

Forgot to add- was bored yesterday and all these seeds ive accumulated have been burning a hole in my pocket. Plus I want some indica AND I want to mess around w something outdoors. So on an impulse yesterday I dropped 3 of the following to try and do outdoors, covert style in the yard (meaning I’m going to see how long I can disguise it from my wife)!

@Tappy JOTI Afghanny x Blue Lights
@SamwellBB Marauder
@Mongobongo Pink animal crackers x Rocky Mountain high

7 Likes

That’s hilarious… my wife is the same. She hates me putting them around the gardens… why can’t all women be as cool as @Meesh haha

6 Likes

Probably bc @Meesh is in control of her grow- my wife knows if she let me pull that shit it would get out of control, quick!

5 Likes

Gaha true. Very true You would be adding to it daily. Squeezing them in all over hahaha…

2 Likes

Gotta keep something nice and heavy around for nighttime

2 Likes

Some AKs going into soil today. Thanks @OleReynard, looking forward to this fire!

8 Likes

Update: 2 marauders were the 1st to emerge, followed by 2 PAC x RMH, 2 JOTI crosses look like they’ll be above the soil by the time I get home this afternoon. So for the first 3 strains I dropped Sunday, looks like I have 2/3 so far on each. More to come over the next few days!

1 Like