New grow what's up

I’m on my phone actually. I tried taking the pictures with the camera in site too. It was still too big. No worries :+1:

I caught sight of powdery mildew on the dying fan leaves. That’s all I needed to harvest her where she’s at now. Then the photo can be transplanted

Glad to be caught up. Loving the Murphy’s law tattoo bro. Good call not leaving the PM to spread too. Nothing worse than a fully ruined crop :100::muscle:

1 Like

For now I’ve removed all fan leaves. Landlord is coming in 30 minutes, so I’ll let them do what last little things they have left in them now before harvest.

4 Likes

I honestly expected a bigger root.

That’s all she wrote. Now once it’s dry i can weigh and cure it.

Finally transplanted and in its final home. :raised_hands:

2 Likes

Did you have to chop them before the landlord came?

1 Like

No. They straight up saw my plants when we showed them the hornets nest outside.

1 Like

Guessing you’re in a legal state then :wink: wish we could get away with that here :no_mouth:

1 Like

Yeah, Massachusetts. Though my growing window is kinda tight now for this photo. It may be chopped early. Next year will be timed better.

2 Likes

What time of year do you usually hit first frost there? Is there no way you could use some kind of cloche for bad days? Or build some kind of canopy to keep the worst off. Might buy you a couple weeks bro

1 Like

October on average the first frost hits or close enough to mold risk things with humidity. I was considering shade netting, but the humidity may still be a problem :sweat_smile:

Did not expect overnight results! :flushed:

4 Likes

The photo has started to spread apart its leaves its growing really nicely and I will buy some compost to help out the soil top. Barring that a seedling mix I guess for topsoil. The soil needs organic matter to help promote more root growth. It’s been a long time since I’ve fertilized it. Too late post transplant past a tea. That I’ll work on with some cheese cloth in a minute, but that won’t be enough to let the soil retain more than 3 gallons of water. That grill underneath dries out and cooks the lower layer of soil. I’ll look into a stand for raising it off the deck some. I don’t know of anything other than a kiddie pool for soaking tve soil from tbe bottom also. I’m stuck watering things in. Also as a note the soil when i dug for the transplant didn’t have much roots in tbe area yet it was extremely loamy. I found that absolutely strange. The roots shown were the entire root web of lilith. It came out without ripping anything past the most fragile ends off. Some stayed intact. I dried the root as it wouldn’t help to keep it in the soil.

2 Likes

The photo is looking good :+1: :ok_hand: :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Only pre sex to show the photo is a female. I’ll have to get some training ties to get the tops apart and some compost tomorrow maybe if I’m able to handle the heat of that walk. This is the 4th time today I’ve watered this pot and the first without runoff. That dry topsoil lost and stayed hydrated this time.

4 Likes

Definitely perked up since my last visit bro. I think you’re good :grin:

1 Like

I know, but this heat makes her drink like a fish. I water daily. I’m trying to get the soil to hold water longer

1 Like

This is off the cuff and may be wrong but for orchids and the like a sphagnum moss cover may buy you another day between?

1 Like

I was thinking about that. The herbs aren’t spreading too close to the cannabis roots, so 🤷 I need a cover layer for the surface to help the evaporation from the sun blasting it so strong all day long. That porch gets amazing sun coverage.

2 Likes

The top leaves are growing more fingers than they have room for lolll. I got the soil to retain water on bottom finally, so daily watering can stop and litfa can begin.

Question though. Has anyone named this strange leaf growth pattern? I want to know what it’s called when I get leaf stacking like this. When it’s making buds there it’s a mutation, so maybe idk :woman_shrugging:

6 Likes