New Jersey Poll Marijuana

Damn bro I had family in bayway area

2 Likes

you live by a chemical plant?

I live by a chemical plant :slight_smile:

what exit ?

I love NJ

1 Like

When I was working I sleep at Carneys Point at the truck stop many a night, does that make me a Jerseyian? :crazy_face:

4 Likes

Well today the Governor finally signed the bill
It’s official

Thanks to all who supported this first step in line with many more needed Now home grow needs to be worked on
Baby steps is how it needs to be done I guess
It takes time , but now in my life time I can smoke legal weed

Woo hoo

5 Likes

Exit 117

GSP

1 Like

And still nothing regarding home cultivation. From what I have been noticing NJ is the only legal state without home cultivation. Not even a blueprint of what might be on the table.

2 Likes

there are other permitted states that do not allow grows, no states are legal if it were legal it would be like any other produce, grow as much as you want,sell it ,smoke in public…no think more like your buying protection from the mafia, you pay they leave you alone

3 Likes

Wow…I must have been really stoned to miss this. Earlier in the thread

The cannabis homegrow bill in effect says the enabling and decriminalization legislation needs to become law first before cannabis homegrow could go into effect.

3 Likes

I believe NJ is just going to maintain it’s monopoly on this homegrown will still be off the table probably for another few years … Idk how the guy up in trenton does it without getting snipped up . . 🤷

2 Likes

I read somewhere on a news service that NJ has stopped all arrests and prosecutions already!

2 Likes

I heard something like this too the guy that runs the coffee shop down here a detective unit guy came in said they’re looking for the hard stuff mostly weed there not arresting anyone… who knows I guess right now it’s up in arms

1 Like

Hello friends and stoners

I just came across a bit of exciting information on the legal status and efforts to legalize home cultivation. There have been 2 bills proposed for NJ home cultivation.

Bill_3420.PDF (301.6 KB)

Bill_5364.PDF (256.0 KB)

S3420 SINGLETON, GOPAL

This bill authorizes the home cultivation of medical cannabis for
a registered qualifying patient’s personal medical use.
Specifically, the bill provides that a registered qualifying patient
who is 21 years of age or older who provides notice to the Cannabis
Regulatory Commission of the intent to home cultivate medical

cannabis will be allowed to either home cultivate medical cannabis
himself or herself, or authorize a designated caregiver to home
cultivate medical cannabis on the patient’s behalf. A home
cultivator will be allowed to cultivate and possess up to four mature*
cannabis plants and up to four immature cannabis plants. Medical*
cannabis may only be home cultivated at the residence of the*
authorized home* cultivator that is on file with the commission.emphasized text

2 Likes

This is probably not going to happen any time soon. My hunch is that it’ll be at least a couple of years.
Pathetic.

1 Like

It’s start but a slow one at that

It could take years before they go for home grow , but at least they are talking about it

Even then 4 plants in flower 4 in veg if that per family member maybe !

I think 12 in veg 6 in flower would be more like it

Hay I never thought NJ would be legal
Now we’re talking about home grow
Wow mine blown :boom::exploding_head:

4 Likes

Residents probably won’t be able to walk into a recreational marijuana dispensary and buy cannabis until 2022, according to Dianna Houenou, incoming chair of the New Jersey Cannabis Regulatory Commission.

And growing your own is further down the bumpy road…

1 Like

The approach needs to start with medical. Way easier to convince them for medical only at first. Then as soon as they allow that and think they can take a breath we hit them with recreational growing. “Hey it’s only fair since patients can already grow”! :smile:

2 Likes

Now there too busy trying to figure out if they should call the under 21 year old parents who gets caught with a joint for the first time

Yeah they like to set the bar as low as possible of what can be expected from them. Then they start digging a hole under that bar just to troll us.

2 Likes

The state is working on home grow woo hoo

4 Likes

Just handed out all of my clones to clean up shop smh🤷 if this passes I guess I’m starting from seed again

2 Likes