Not Just Another Tincture Thread

I imagine trim can be used only that maybe I would have to do more reduction at the end? Great thread!!! Thanks!!!

3 Likes

You got it right. :thumbsup: Trim tends to come out greener as well.

Personally, I would make ice water hash with the trim and make the tincture with the hash using a natural decarb (3 months in a cool dark place). In fact, I may end up doing just that with this (accidentally) seeded bud. :thinking:

12 Likes

What if I didn’t want to wait 3 months?

2 Likes

Bubble hash can be decarboxylated using the oven just like bud. :grin:

7 Likes

Did you build your still like the Moonshiners? Got some pics? That’s fascinating @stain! Sounds like green dragon juice may be flowing over a coon dick soon.

2 Likes

@ReikoX what an incredible amount of knowledge to share. Thanks :pray:.

7 Likes

Solvent Transfer
The real versatility of the Green Dragon is the ability to transfer over the cannabinoids to another medium used in the recipe, such as oil or honey. The solvent transfer, put simply, is boiling off the alcohol and leaving the cannabinoids behind. This is the power behind Green Dragon and the basis for most of recipes I’ll share in this thread.

When using the solvent transfer, the dosing can be controlled to match the number of servings in the recipe. For example, a cookie recipe calls for one cup of butter and makes 3 dozen cookies. Since we know that one ounce of Green Dragon is about 20-30 servings, we can use one ounce of Green Dragon to make these cookies.

Some examples of mediums you can transfer to are agave nectar, honey, corn syrup, olive oil, coconut oil, and butter.

Ingredients
[ul]
[li]Green Dragon[/li]
[li]Transfer medium[/li]
[/ul]

You will also need
[ul]
[li]Electric heating source[/li]
[li]Double boiler[/li]
[li]Ventilation[/li]
[/ul]

Directions
[ol]
[li]Setup the double boiler on the heating source under the ventilation hood.[/li]
[li]Determine the appropriate amount of Green Dragon for the number of servings. if the amount of Green Dragon is greater than the medium used in the recipe, reduce the Green Dragon first.[/li]
[li]Measure an equal portion of the medium to transfer to. If the recipe calls for more, dilute it after the transfer by mixing it with more medium to make the correct volume.[/li]
[li]Add the medium to the double boiler and maintain a temperature of 180°-200°F, stirring occasionally until the alcohol evaporates and the original volume of the medium is reached.[/li]
[/ol]

Transfering 1 oz. of Green Dragon into 1 oz. of butter

Sugar Transfer
The solvent transfer relies on the ability to heat the medium up to 180°F for an expended period of time until the alcohol evaporates. A similar transfer can be used to infuse granulated sugars (cane, beat, or palm). It will also work with the sugar substitute sucralose as well. The infused sugar can be used in recipes or added to a hot beverage.

Ingredients
[ul]
[li]1 oz. Green Dragon[/li]
[li]1 cup sugar[/li]
[/ul]

Directions
[ol]
[li]Preheat the oven to 200°F.[/li]
[li]In a small bowl, combine sugar and Green Dragon.[/li]
[li]Stir until sugar is thoroughly and evenly coated. The alcohol will not dissolve the sugar.[/li]
[li]Place the sugar in the bottom of a baking dish.[/li]
[li]Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the sugar feels dry. Stir frequently to prevent browning.[/li]
[li]If necessary, re-granulate the sugar by pressing it through a mesh strainer with the back of a spoon.[/li]
[/ol]

Cannabis infused sugar

"Double Whammy" Sugar Cookies
These cookies use two different transfers to give them a time release effect. The sugar is infused and begins to metabolize quickly. By the time the body is done metabolizing the sugar, the lipids begin to be metabolized by the liver. The effects of these cookies should act fast and last for several hours.

Ingredients
[ul]
[li]2 oz. Green Dragon[/li]
[li]1 cup butter or coconut oil[/li]
[li]1 cup sugar[/li]
[li]1 teaspoon vanilla extract[/li]
[li]1/2 teaspoon almond extract[/li]
[li]1 egg[/li]
[li]2 teaspoons baking powder[/li]
[li]3 cups flour[/li]
[/ul]

You will also need
[ul]
[li]Cookie cutters[/li]
[li]Frosting and sprinkles (optional)[/li]
[/ul]

Directions
[ol]
[li]Transfer 1 oz. of Green Dragon into 1 oz. of the butter, then combine with the remaining butter.[/li]
[li]Transfer 1 oz. of Green Dragon into the sugar.[/li]
[li]Preheat the oven to 350°F.[/li]
[li]In a mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar until smooth, at least 3 minutes.[/li]
[li]Beat in extracts and egg.[/li]
[li]In a separate bowl, combine baking powder with flour and add a little at a time to the wet ingredients. The dough will be very stiff. If it becomes too stiff for your mixer, turn out the dough onto a countertop surface. Wet hands and finish off kneading the dough by hand.[/li]
[li]Divide into workable batches, roll out 1/4 in thick onto floured surface and cut.[/li]
[li]Bake at 350°F for 6-8 minutes. Let cool on the cookie sheet until firm enough to transfer to a cooling rack.[/li]
[li]Optionally, decorate the frosting and sprinkles.[/li]
[li]Store in an airtight container at room temperature.[/li]
[/ol]

43 Likes

Oh wow! Im going to try this for sure!

1 Like

Glad you found this thread @anon32470837. The solvent transfer really opens up the possibilities for medicating without smoking.

7 Likes

Just ten minutes ago the wife finished her second-to-last bottle. Need to jump on here and go through this to try and quickly make her some this week. @reikoX I have questions, but I won’t bug you just yet.:scorpion: Man this is an incredible amount of info! Thanks again. :pray:

4 Likes

I coudn’t have said it better. Very well presented and easy to understand. Great job on the solvent transfers. I like it! l

7 Likes

I had a good teacher :thumbsup:

5 Likes

So I tried making a batch of sour lemon candies tonight. I realized I had the addition of the citric acid with the sugar, water, and corn syrup. this is wrong and will burn the citric acid. It needs to be added after it cools to about 250°F. I ruined three batches before I realized what I did different than the first time. I have edited my previous post with this correction. I ran out of citric acid and lemon flavoring, so I made raspberry instead.

15 Likes

@ReikoX Now im gonna have to make some hard candies, damn you lol.

But will have to start a sugar wash, or rum batch first, and pull out my distilling equipment once the wash is done. As here you can’t really find high proof alcohol apart from a single brand of 151 aged rum, not even white. Plus a heck of a lot cheaper to make as well, and fun to do.

I did pick up some sugar on the weekend specifically for that purpose though …

5 Likes

I had to make a batch for roller skating tomorrow night!

4 Likes

South of the Border Snack Mix
Most medibles are sweet, but what if you don’t have a sweet tooth? How about something savory? This recipe should spice things up.

Ingredients
[ul][li]1 oz. Green Dragon[/li]
[li]6 tablespoons butter[/li]
[li]1 packet of Taco Seasoning[/li]
[li]1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce[/li]
[li]1 teaspoon hot sauce[/li]
[li]1 cup peanuts[/li]
[li]1 cup mini pretzles[/li]
[li]1 cup bite size cheese crackers[/li]
[li]8 cups rice cereal[/li]
[li]2 tablespoons American cheese powder (optional)[/li][/ul]

Directions
[ol]
[li]Preheat oven to 250°F. [/li]
[li]Transfer Green Dragon to 1 oz. butter. [/li]
[li]Melt remaining butter and combine with infused butter. [/li]
[li]Add taco seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce[/li]
[li]Slowly add cereal, peanuts, pretzels, and cheese crackers[/li]
[li]Bake for 1 hour at 250°F, stirring every 15 minutes[/li]
[li]Optionally coat with cheese powder when warm[/li]
[li] Store in an airtight container.[/li][/ol]

31 Likes

very impressed! once I have the tincture I’m done but you have the Martha Stewart skills! :smile: You’re ready for your own TV show. “ReikoX Test Kitchen” maybe?

10 Likes

I wanna be a taste tester, lol.
:cake:
99%

9 Likes

You fully inspired me @ReikoX. Shooting for 30-40 ounces final. Hopefully potent enough that a couple drops will do.

This is what’s left after smashing most of a QP. I do believe this is plenty to work with? What’s left is in the quart jar in the pic below.

My wife is getting a thermometer for the oven on her way home but I’m ready for the decarb stage.

@ReikoX do you think it should be put through a silk screen and refine it more? I’ve read a little and seen some decarboxilation kief videos and it’s basically the same just cleaner with out plant material? I guess I’m concerned about making it to strong. I’m thinking 4-5 grams per 6oz of everclear instead of 7grams since it’s refined. Maybe less or more? It’s plenty stoney, nice head/body balance but no clue on THC/CBD percentages.

Puff me some a this good stuff and jump on my bicicleta.

Back in a bit.

18 Likes

This is true.

The oil inside the trichomes is what is decarboxed, not the plant matter.

Good looking kief.

99%

2 Likes