Old School Breeders Association - Garlic Bud

I’ve been looking at lots on there for years, rockstar being one I’ve highly sought! I love hearing all the good reviews about their stuff! And much respect for working this gem @GregOG and keeping her around

6 Likes

Theres some Garlic in The D , bleach chlorine little garlic , why the say it smells like old man’s arm pits
Shiva , Shiva Shanti , Shiva Skunk , all differnt types NL out cross’s
Super Sativa Seed Club sold there stock to SensiS , SSSC had Oakland , Indica was Garlic also

4 Likes

Garlic Skunk

17 Likes

Nice!!
What’s that crossed with?

Only time I’ve smelled “bleach” in Chem is when a plant felt into my humidifier res. Are we sure that’s not fungus eating aminos?

1 Like

the same pic…

Sensi used later on for Shiva Shanti2 (i think,they just renamed GB to SS2)

6 Likes

That was Shiva Shanti (1), garlic bud x Hindukush x skunk (or skunk kush?), sensi reused the garlic bud image, (as for other varieties).
Shiva Shanti 2 is garlic bud x Hindukush x skunk x afghani (or Shiva Shanti x afghani).

I only grew one ss2 plant in 2006, it didn’t taste/smell like garlic at all, it was quite sweet from what I remember, but it was quite strong in effect…
Just my 2cents

3 Likes

BOEL Vintage Afghani Male on ChemD , That was taken to f3 , A male from the f3 was selected and put on fire OG , Male from that was selected and put on Irene , male from that cross put on the Manic , = Garlic Skunk , its been about a 5 year project

12 Likes

Can I ask what the end goal is? I’m always interested to hear what people are looking for when combining cultivars.:grinning:

4 Likes

i think i reached it , for my tastes it checks every box…

5 Likes

Love the fire OG, you can feel the high coming inhaling on the first hit. Beautiful document @GoldenCoast

Great work brother! :100::dart:

5 Likes

Thanks man , Love Fire and Skywalker. seems to be the most Indica out of the OG’s great chest explosion lol.

i believe garlic bud was a NL , Afghan “Oakland Indica” X Thai , renamed to Shiva Line

3 Likes

I think GB was a pure Afghani Hash plant x
unknown sativa, then backcrossed to Afghani
For the touch of Sativa Garlic bud has.
I’m probably the first to claim that but OSBA claims a touch. Jim Ortega may have gave Nevil a Guerrero Garlic/Skunk phenotype, and Nevil back crossed it after it was bred once a Male Guerrero into his female Afghani.

Then one more breeding male Afghani into the Guerrero Afghani F1 female. That would give you minimal Guerrero in it. And beef up resistance from humidity for Garlic bud.

I thought Shiva Shanti was Garlic bud x some Kush x SK1? I was considering crossing Shiva Shanti into Garlic bud, but I sent all those SS to South African to some friend who couldn’t afford to spend anything. He thought Johannesburg took them, it was 2 months or more after it was recorded as lost. He was really happy when they showed up finally.

I’ll have him sign up hers :thinking:

I sent him
Hawaiian Sativa
Purple Headband
Turkish Hash plant
Shiva Shanti

Hawaiian Sativa females

9 Likes

They Had. , Shiva , Shiva Shanti and Shiva Skunk all 3 where NL cross’s

2 Likes

Interesting., wasn’t NL 1 a Kandahar?
I’m sure I’ve heard it explained different ways. Lol

All we need a a screenshot of Nevil explaining it,
I’ve heard Seattle G on a podcast say he wasn’t really sure what the NL 1 was about a year ago, giggling. He’s probably right.

Whatever Nevil called NL 1 is pre Seattle G NL right?

I’ve never grown out any pure NL versions. Odd too since I’ve grown many strains. Lol

@ifish I just checked the first F2 Garlic Bud x Skunky Heirloom Afghani male F1 seed

Looks like you may have a seed project coming soon. :100::dove:

7 Likes

Haha she’s bustin to get wet
Swear she just winked at me lol

2 Likes

NL1 should be Steve Murphy’s afghan x Nevil’s pre-soviet invasion Mazar-I-Shariff

2 Likes

NL#'s refer to Indica to sativa pheno types , #1 being most indica out of group , #12 most sativa

1 Like

6 Likes