Oleskool’s shitkicker grow show

that’s brutal, my condolences! Your grow is a serious fight against the elements, 'nuff respect man I’d never even try in that heat. The grow must go on!

You really need to start breeding these plants, the ones that thrive in the heat are going to be super-hardy

5 Likes

Wow. That’s fascinating @cannabissequoia. I’ve heard of the trail. I correspond with David Crosby on twitter and discussed the “trail” briefly. A young hippy in Houston like me never had those worldly hippie experiences. Until I moved to Austin in the 70s. Now that WAS a hippie experience! I wonder how much hash I could harvest off my 7 grandkids!! One Love bro. :cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

Never thought of it that way. A project is born! I’ve been so obsessed over keeping them healthy and growing. Loosing sleep over summertime growing. Unfortunately my medicinal needs require me to produce medicine year round. I will focus on yield in the fall. :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Woohoo I love me some chemdawg

2 Likes

I do take exception to the “old burnouts” reference. I resemble that remark. Much love bro. :cowboy_hat_face:

. :cowboy_hat_face:

12 Likes

LA Confidential uppotted to 3 gal today already topped, will be topped again. :cowboy_hat_face:

Whoa! I got a foot in there. Where’s @Uncle_Al? Sorry @Uncle_Al. Just wanted to know if you’re there! :cowboy_hat_face:

9 Likes

The coolest looking long slender sexy leaves! :cowboy_hat_face:

9 Likes

Sunday porch sitting. :cowboy_hat_face:

10 Likes

everytime I see these they look so healthy, thats some great genetics there and good growing no doubt.

3 Likes

Your kind words are appreciated very much @gordongecko. I’m so focused on keeping them growing in the Texas heat. :cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

yeah its been 30ish (80F) here and im struggling lol cant image how you do it.
I think when the hurkles CBD genes are added they must re-wild the cross as they seem so robust. more like I image a “weed” should be.
Have you ever tried growing afghani or something landrace/local that is from dry arid lands?
:om_symbol:

4 Likes

I have thought of that for next summer @gordongecko. Researching some landrace and hybrids from hot areas that can take some high temps. Any you know of please let me know. :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Most hybrids with a high Sativa content seem to take heat quite well. I know the Mandala - Satori i’m growing isn’t bothered much by it. Good luck old bro :thumbsup:

5 Likes

oleskool grow shed where the magic happens. :cowboy_hat_face:

15 Likes

i miss my black crocs. :athletic_shoe: grower’s friend. :wink:

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

it’s called a “siesta”, kinda opposite of “fiesta”. :zzz: complete all outdoor activities by about 9:30am because the glare hurts my skin & eyes. sleep mid-day until 4pm-ish, work outside until & into dark. in the summer here night time temps rarely go below 18C and almost never the dew-point. :thumbsup: :sunflower:

almost nothing thrives in full sun here unless it’s roots penetrate 8-10’ deep, where there is still some moisture to be had, and i’ve seen my prickly-pear cactus WILT. my mexican buddy’s never seen/heard that one! :100: :desert: and he’s seen some cacti. :wink:

50% shadecloth seems to be the standard nursery practice out here.

Hottest temp here has been about 47C/115F but I also have a lot of reflection & glare, so my average temperature at my back door, due to paving & glare, mid-day can be about 130F/250ish?C.

Hottest I’ve measured around my home with my infrared thermometer was 180F on my car windshield/windscreen.

My native soil is :wastebasket: :poop: too:

“Fine, mixed, thermic Abruptic Durixeralfs”

So when I see Gardener’s World on BBC, I realize the colonies have a couple centuries to go, and England let’s make a deal on rain for California, send it via Boaty. :gb: :ship:

:v: :sweat_smile:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Yessssir! Welcome to my world. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Afhgani is probably a bad example as it gets cold on the mountains.
I would guess the African landrace varieties, from a quick search:
Swazi gold
Transkei (which someone here had)

probably needs some more intensive research.

2 Likes

I’ve set a ball trap launcher too in the garden. (mine is not blue but green).
I’m not sure my drunk joke will be well understanded lol

Just to say than Dalat (the real one i’ve saw in the MIG shelter, not the usual thai named “vietnamese black” and its bitchy variations) and Malawi perform very well in Texas, i can certify that. Zamal take too many times (with micro yield), and ghanna need to much water and react not good to dry vents (bad potency, absence of taste). The second is builded to grow between the cocoa tree and theyr shadow, but it was fun to give it a try with a texan friend. BBay times miss me.

best vibes

3 Likes

I lack the patience to finish Sativas and I love Sativas! A real conundrum. :cowboy_hat_face: Trap Launcher! Love it. Lolol. :cowboy_hat_face: Durban varieties, Malawi is heat resistant? Hmmmmm. :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes