Overgrow Holiday Give-away: Puffco Peak (Winner Announced!)

I’m in!! Thank you guys for being an amazing site!
A person whose inspired me to grow was a video I saw of a big grow. How manufactured it felt. I like that home grow, in the garden everyday focusing on a few plant smoke. Not setting in a bag for 3 months and super dry before I smoke it weed.
A homegrower I know inspired me. A friend.

5 Likes

This is just incredible, thanks @anon80727880 for your generosity and keeping it truly OG.

My inspiration to grow, was always there. From a young age, loved the outdoors and plants. I used to spend time with my Dad in the garden, that’s where I truly learned to love all things green and living. Good times!!!

6 Likes

Again! Seeing your post,I’m now in the mood for that delightful hazlenut treat.

I hope all is well.

Kevin

4 Likes

Ive been inspired by a few, Jeff Lowenfels, Elaine Ingram, and Clackamass Coots to name a few.

11 Likes

I’d love to be considered. For me and my uncle got me started with the passion and my preteen years I used to help him out up on his property where he had about an acre plot. I learned what hard work was and a little bit about the plant in an early age so it really stuck with me the bond between people and plant.

There’s so many people in here that have inspired me back when I was younger @BogSeeds seemed like he came from about a left field and then took a cup for his hard work. We’re such a humble guy and he’s always willing to lend a hand that stuck out to me.:grin::+1:

Many members now indluence me and my going. @ReikoX n Mr Sparkle. @OleReynard @oleskool830. @Shadey @rooted @paintedfire420 @Pedro_Bann @misterbee @TheShowMeHomie

There’s way too many people but everybody that I talk to on a normal basis influences me in some kind of way in my growing in my life. Thank you guys I appreciate it very much for what y’all do.

18 Likes

Awesome!!!
My uncle Cork had it going on, professional healthcare worker in Orange County, CA by day, hippie grower operating out of Mendocino County during season…had an actual teepee on his land up north! (1981ish) taught me most aspects of the art, “Thanks Corky, much love!”. Good friend Justin D in Santa Barbara in the late 80’s, cancer took him at age 44. Rest In Peace brother! Overgrow and to mention one name from both the original and current Overgrow, SmknCanuck for showing me it was possible to guerrilla great plants in a variety of unexpected places! He’s still rocking it! All who stand up to those powers and principalities that promote the unreasonable assertion that they can legislate the people’s access to medicine and nature, including those that have had their freedom and possessions and futures stolen by misguided government. That’s the short list LOL

9 Likes

I’m inspired to grow from my father it’s really the only thing we have ever agreed on some of the best days I ever had with him was trimming together was the first time I wasn’t in his way :thinking: looking back no one likes trimming the old bastard was hustling me :joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy: much love @anon80727880 and if you got some kind of hook up with puffco hook me up I want one just not 300 dollars want one :joy::sunglasses:

10 Likes

Count me in, Thanks @anon80727880. Weirdly enough, my children inspired me to grow. I was strictly a consumer for 40 years until we caught our older teenage kids toking. I realized I didn’t want them to waste countless hours looking for smoke, the risk, the cops, the dealers, the waiting the wasted time trying to find something to get wasted on. So I took to ellicit gardening instead of just flowers and veggies. Cannabis is just an add-on to them instead of the focus of their youth…My last holdout non-smoking child is now a legal cannabis grower for medical purposes . Looking back, I think Cannabis picked me…Cheers

15 Likes

Same here with an rducation on my frandparents farm my family will never go hungry for veggies or rabbit meat (tastes like chucken). As long as you have a piece of dirt

Peace out and stay safe

5 Likes

This is a prime example of why I read here almost every day.
This “site” ( the people and the community spirit) inspires me, lifts me up when im down and even makes me laugh when i feel like crying. @anon80727880 your generosity adds to the spirit of this community that can be found countless times here. Thanks to all of you I strive to be a better person! Oh ya please count me in :rofl:
:dash::dash::v::sunglasses:

7 Likes

My lack of bank account inspired me to start growing. Then numerous members here have helped in my success since the beginning!

And I guess all the OG 1.0 members back in the day that pretended I wasn’t a dumb 14 yr old kid trying to grow weed in my dads house in a laundry hamper lol

13 Likes

My friends were growing, so I decided to have a go and save some cash. It worked now I’m here growing my plants for medical use, and I’m a whole helleva lot better because of users on and this site. I love the community we have, and am very thankful for all you ogers knowledge.,Thank you!!

Stay kind
Paws

7 Likes

Thanks for a chance to win.
My bro in law worked with a guy named Thaddeus. Coolest dude i never met. I got an eighth from him years ago and found a bagseed… whenever i had any issues id talk to my bro in law who talked to Thaddeus at work and the advise would get back to me.
So if theres a guy on here who moved from central canada out to the west coast and has a head full of dreads, thank you fpr inspiring me. :v:

9 Likes

Everything is beautiful my friend @Kingmambo !!

1 Like

There were quite a few kids back then :joy: hell I was only 18 or 19

3 Likes

Yea… i mean I was 18 too as per signup requirements lmao

2 Likes

As far as people that inspired me:

1. My father. I wasn’t doing so well (health wise) and my father covered the cost of my first grow (a small tent but it was a major deal for me), up until that point I would have never guessed he would do something like that or that i would be able to grow marijuana of all things. He is still supportive of me growing to this day, couldn’t have done it without him.

2. Tommy Chong. Not so much what he’s doing these days, but I remember watching his films (specifically Up in Smoke) when I was 3 or 4 years old and I really enjoyed watching them. Watching those films probably influenced me at such a young age.

3. I wouldn’t call him an inspiration but I added this hippie guy who is a judge at the emerald cup for 14 or so years and he grows in Mendocino. “Swami Chaitanya” has a youtube channel “Swami Selects”. Watching his videos and hearing his/his wifes stories has rekindled my interest in growing and caring for plants.

11 Likes

Thanks to @anon80727880 for the donation and @LemonadeJoe for this.

The 70’s encouraged me to grow. Try to find some roots I remember from my youth. Along with some fine growers here and my gro bros.

8 Likes

I would love to enter!

I would have to say two high-school friends, one got me smoking, the other got me growing. Then original OG of course!

4 Likes

Throwing my name in the hat.

I wasn’t inspired by a grower, but by a cook. There was this guy (with a beard) who had a cooking series where everything had weed in it. From strawberry stroganovs which is like a milkshake, to the Dutch ‘pepernoten’, to good ol’ spacecake. Great stuff to watch. It was aptly called ‘Baking with Beard’.

He pulled some bags of weed out of cupboards which must have been pounds so he had to be a grower.

10 Likes