Overgrow Holiday Give-away: Puffco Peak (Winner Announced!)

Thanks everyone for joining in! That’s is enormous number of contributions, I’m overwhelmed :slight_smile: so I’ll go through them tomorrow and update the list…

Thanks for sharing your stories and naming your personal gurus, that is a good read :nerd_face:.

13 Likes

Enter me too please as for who inspired me I’d have to say Escobar and Santero over at opengrow both were excellent people to know .

6 Likes
7 Likes

I’ll throw my hat in the ring. I live in a small town, so theres not many people to get from. This place is truly amazing! So much knowledge and so many wonderful people. I started growing again in June and now have dozens of different strains to choose from.

8 Likes

Can’t win if you don’t come in so here’s an attempt at just that.

There have been so many inspirations to continue to grow over the years however none of which would be possible without the first grower to take me under his wing and show me the ropes, a fellow known as Charlie Brown. Charlie was the first one to show me how to setup, what good cannabis work ethic looked like and all the basic principles I still hold dear today. He showed me perpetual harvesting through cloning in, guerrilla outdoor tactics and techniques and over the following several years we worked and lived together much much more. I lost track of CB when he left town, but he still comes up in stories from other folks in my inner circle.

One most recently from my brother who came to visit us nearly 20 years ago, Charlie offered my brother a ride home from the beach, my brother hopped in the truck and off they went. Charlie said he needed to make a quick stop and my brother didn’t think anything of it until they were heading deep into the surrounding logging roads. The truck stopped suddenly, Charlie hopped out and disappeared into the bush while my brother waited nervously. He emerged a few minutes later with a large folded tarp over his shoulder and the 200 plants he took down that morning, wrapped tight like a giant-sized candy in tow. Charlie stuffed the tarp into the bed of the truck and proceeded back home down the bumpy back roads. After what my brother describes as a white knuckle ride back to town - fearing getting pulled over and arrested, the truck stops in the driveway ahead of our garage door. As my brother jumps out of the truck in a mad dash away from the truck and into the opening garage door he finds another 150+ plants hanging on a string throughout the garage. Dumbfounded my brother turns about-face and starts walking away from the house and into town. He eventually showed up after dark when he felt he was once again safe lol.

My brother went on to grow as his livelihood and hasn’t turned back since, I went on to work in the traditional market as well for many moons before turning it back into a personal production/hobby. Since that story happened I can only imagine the metric tons of craft cannabis that we produced as a result of meeting Charlie and all of those who benefited since. It was one hell of a legacy and he likely has no idea but he is most certainly still growing as he has all his life.

12 Likes

Would love to win this ,my growing inspiration was a lack of good weed and people who originally spent time breeding thus plant , people like nevil , Tom hill, the new guys like Indian Land race exchange and Angus at RSC putting in he effort to secure unique genetics for is all to benefit from.

10 Likes

An old friend Nathan Voel for getting me inspired and interested.

Thanks for the chance at this!

5 Likes

Mine would have to be my first grade teacher who had us put kidney beans in a ziplock bag with a wet paper towel folded over them (the technique stuck with me ever since) and showed us how to grow them in the windowsill and care for them. Also taught me the word germination. This spark ignited a curiosity with plants that stuck ever since.

Thank you @anon80727880 for your generosity and Overgrow for being a place to learn and grow!

9 Likes

Mine would be 2 people.

First would be my grandpa that taught the joy of gardening, just vegetables, but it taught me the satisfaction of producing for ones self over just buying it else where. Also showed me that growing my own vegetables would give me a better end product than anything I could buy.

The second one is kinda odd but it’s what truly piqued my interest in growing cannabis. I was a teen when ABC aired Peter Jennings Pot of Gold special. At that point in my life the only way i could see quality cannabis or anything about growing was when I could get the cashier at the head shop to sell my a Cannabis Culture or High Times. So being able to see that on network tv, the grows, the trip to A-dam, just that whole side of things showed me it was actually possible and was something I def wanted to at least try some day.

8 Likes

It all started with Ed Rosenthal for me back in the 90’s. But once I got established it was the Bushy Older Grower that inspired me the most. With his unique bubblegum crosses to his hilariously awesome pics of him wearing a robe, standing next to two huge plants, with at least one vacuum cleaner in the background!!

8 Likes

@Mongobongo and @Sasquatch i am humbled and honoured that i made a bit of an impact on you both near 20yrs ago and you have both carried it forward to this day…I just won the best prize in this contest because of both of you and sharing your experience :grin:

16 Likes

Sweet! Bushy Old Grower, thankful for his contributions to genetics and cultivation. :v:

9 Likes

I’d like to enter into this one. My inspiration started from a hippy in the 70s that was accomplishing outdoor grows that blew me away when I was only getting leaves at the end of the summer from mine. I went back there for my nieces wedding a year ago he hasn’t missed a beat. Same old Walaxa I remember.
I have to say that I’m inspired here every day I log on by so many of you it’s crazy. I couldn’t even begin to make a list here.

7 Likes

I’m in, I’m greatly inspired by the philosophy of Peter Kropotkin aka Bread Santa(I’m trying to be weed santa), and look up to more than a few of the growers here also my mom who doesn’t smoke but brought up the very good point that it’s a plant and I could save a lot of money growing my own.

5 Likes

I’d have to Ditto this comment On the organic side of things , what turned me to cannabis was , I’d have to say was Jorge Cervantes

Edit: thanks again @anon80727880 for your time and effort !

6 Likes

Please add my name to the list :grinning:

I’ve been inspired by way too many people to list, but watching my my uncle full his garage with pot plants in the early nineties was the first time I realized that I could grow the stuff myself, so I would have to credit him with starting me on the journey.

And thanks to @anon80727880 , what a great thing!

7 Likes

I’ll Try me too even though I don’t vape :sweat_smile::laughing:

My inspiration to start growing was from the original swecan forum.
I was following this guy called BigBanana and his grows was just amazing…
He used the old 250w and 400w in two Ikea cabinets in a dwc setup… but man what a grower … so … after that I thought to myself… why even bother buying when you can grow yourself… and that i did !!

So once again thank you @Bigbanana

8 Likes

I’ve updated table with tickets. Bonuses for Regulars are already counted in, I’ll go through Supporters soon :slight_smile:

Thanks for participation and keep it coming :slight_smile:

14 Likes

I’m not on the list. Can you edit? @LemonadeJoe

2 Likes

Well, the first book I read was Jorge Cervantes aka Mr Van Patten, his information REALLY helped fuel my LUST FOR GROWING INFORMATION! Now Im a junkie! Hahaha! Well, and I think this sentiment has been expressed numerous times already but basically ALL OF YOU INSPIRE ME DAILY! There’s so many HIGHLY talented and educated and experienced peeps on this site, it TRULY IS MIND-BOGGLING!!

Thanks for the inspiration OVERGROW.COM!!

7 Likes