Overgrow Holiday Give-away: Puffco Peak (Winner Announced!)

Really inspired by some stories from a guy I knew who was growing up in BC in the late 90s of 1000’s of clones huge outdoor runs, snowboarding across the US Canada Border with packs, insane C99 bubble hash & pumpin pounds of bubble every day during trim season.

7 Likes

You are definitely there - #76

4 Likes

My older brothers first got me interested in Cannabis and all the science that was coming out at the time, and my cousin who has been out in Garberville since the early 2000’s. She would send home some of the best shit I’ve had to this day.

6 Likes

That sounds like an AWESOME adventure! I’ve always wanted to be able to either go snowboarding, in winter months, at different parks as I meandered my way around the Sierra Nevada’s, up and down, from down in So Cal to up in British Columbia, or in the summer months hitting some of the same places to downhill mountain bike! Do a very “Jack Kerouac” type a thing, you know? Hehehe, anyways, your post VERY much made me think of all that! :v::blush::+1:

@froggys_pharms, it’s nice to have cool cousins like that! I will hafta say that I have had my fair share of REALLY kind buds coming down from Garberville! Some good growers there, and have been for a minute!

Edit: and OF COURSE, @anon80727880, THANKS MUCH!

3 Likes

@anon80727880 awesome of you bro!!!
I was inspired to start growing by a friend years ago when Colorado went medical. Needed something to help with pain after getting off of opiates.

9 Likes

when i started, prohibition was still in full effect in most places. most cultivators freedom was at risk, and the “loose lips sink ships” culture was also in full effect. i was fortunate to have two people in particular that taught me the basics and allowed me to work in their gardens to get some experience. after that, i discovered forums and all the excellent info being shared on them. of course there was the cervantes, rosenthal, mel frank, etc material out there too. for me, it was really everyone who was doing it and contributing to the knowledge pool (despite the substantial risk to their freedom and livelihood) that made me want to get serious about cultivation. not to mention the plant itself- the potential for improvement in others quality of life, be it from recreational or medicinal use, has always been a driving force for me. there really isnt anything quite like when someone tells you about how something you grew or produced has been of benefit to them, particularly in the case of people with serious health problems.
so id say that my inspiration was the plant itself, everyone that cultivated it during prohibition, and everyone that has ever shared good info about cultivation on the internet.

8 Likes

Great story Papalag made me smile

4 Likes

Reading this is really warming my heart up to see so many inspired by the original Superstar of OG @BogSeeds his pics were like light at the end of the tunnel for me back then

8 Likes

Donnie and Wayne. I won’t include last names even though both have gone on across the divide. Both taught me a lot about the plant we all love and Wayne taught me about being kind and generous to others.

6 Likes

my brother Harlan

• Gave me my first copy of hightimes mag and began the want to grow.
6 Likes

Some of the stories before 9/11 just sound like the wild west up there, truly some of the most gorgeous places to snowboard really great powder & stunning views

8 Likes

I was inspired to grow by my friend John Sinclair, who was arrested for selling 2 joints to an undercover officer and they gave him 10 years in prison. John Lennon was inspired by his story and wrote a song about him, and attended a rally to free John Sinclair from jail, along with his wife Yoko. John Sinclair is still an active marijuana crusader, poet and musician

21 Likes

Kevin Jodrey is always inspirational as far as grow knowledge goes! I also love professor p! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

To be perfectly honest OG v1 inspired and educated me to grow anything more than a tossed seed in the backyard. I learned about lights, strains, cycles, cloning, hydro, harvesting, curing; I learned it all on OG. Now we back and I’m back after 19yrs to thank the community. Peace to all and have a good night . It’s Christmas people wohoo

8 Likes

When I was young we didn’t have much good info but HighTimes had an article by Ed Rosenthal and his organic mix with 17 additives. I decided to make a simpler soil mix and always tried to improve on my methods. Ed said if we all had a small closet grow that we would prevail and get the legal right to grow.

Then the internet happened and Overgrow was born! BOG :sunglasses:

30 Likes

I became interested as a youngster around 1984. Acap gold, Panama red and some strain called purple black Jamaican were so good I had to try to growing myself.
Ed Rosenthal’s book got me started in the right direction.

11 Likes

I already posted above that Jack Herer was my inspiration to grow, but it was Ed’s writings that showed me how. Before the internet, that sort of information just wasn’t easily available. I’m very thankful for his work!

10 Likes

Hello Chieftain, please check out Explaining user trust levels and permissions to find out how to reach Member status (trust level 2) before this giveaway closes…

9 Likes

Thanks for the info Lemonade Joe…Just liked the thread and felt like sharing.
Be safe all.

10 Likes

I have been inspired by so many folks over the years and learned so much from some truly wise and often times courageous individuals the fight isn’t over for everybody either I would have to say despite his faults and failings I have many of those faults myself that Subcool inspired and taught me the most over the years R.I.P.

11 Likes