Panama Red strain ----which would you grow

Wow man, nice work and what a pheno you found! Did you keep clones of her? How was the smoke?

3 Likes

Well to each his own. I won’t even think about chopping this girl for a while. I cannot imagine it being less than 3-4 weeks from now. Wonder what I will think of a real sativa :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.
The Oaxacan/blueberry f1 next to her will take about the same if trends continue.

2 Likes

Oh what a beautiful Monster that Panama is. Holy Shaggyness @Azure

2 Likes

have Zamal Hash (it’s a discontinued strain ) been want to run it - anyone have info on it ? is it simuklar to zamaldelica ?

thanks for the tip !

1 Like

Nice, you got the pink stigma version. I didn’t find one. I did get an extremely resinous hashplant pheno, but I didn’t like it much. Was it energetic smoke?

1 Like

More of a 50 50 hybrid while zamaldelica is nearly 100% sativa

1 Like

Bangi haze is made with congo haze wich is ssh x congo then Nepalese. This has then been crossed to the congo bangi to make bangi haze. Ace realesed their supercongo recently wich is the same congo haze Nepalese crossed to the congo but no Pakistani this time as they had in their normal congo strain. The lineage of super congo ace have said its that congo haze x congo, the same as congo but without the Pakistani. Ace also use their strawberry strain in some of their strains too with stabilizing, its why quite afew strains keep coming out with strawberry phenotypes. Where do strawberry phenotypes pop up from in panama ? None of the strains that they say they used to make it have strawberry traits. Were does strawberry come from in their new thai ? That thai dont have strawberry traits in its pure form. Its a trick they picked up from refeerman who also did the same. Thats were they got the idea from to stabilize strains with reefermans Nepalese and they already knew it worked good because reeferman had already done it with quite afew of his strains.

6 Likes

i grabbed the panama from colorado sativas. it’s cheap and it a selection from ace. try tikal if you want strawberry…i didn’t get a strawberry but that strain does have it, but i think more common in the regs based on dubbi.

2 Likes

Grow them both bro it’s from back in the day! You can’t go wrong with that.:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::sunglasses::peace_symbol:

1 Like

Oh @Azure your making my mouth water with that Zamaldelica shot.

“Beastly”

1 Like

Yup, the most strawberry plant I’ve ran was a pheno of Nepalese Jam about 12 years ago.

2 Likes

well Jam, (Jamaican)… Well, the JAmaican by Cannabiogen called JAmaican Blue Mountain is said to have a hidden Hybrid in it.
I trusted that story a bit more because someone named the Strain by its name. Something “Rose” was in the name JamaicanBluemountain x Rose…

And since i never ever heard of the Strain, i trusted the story roundabout…

So:
and i googled that "Rose " - Strain of wich i forgot name by now, and i recall it had nice amount of Afghani Paki in it…

So:
It would be assumable that this hybriedized “Jamaican” was then used in ACEs work as they all are kinda same Collegos/Crew.

That , together with the anyway close situatet Nepalese (close to Strawberry smells in Afghanistan) would on its own be responsible for Strawberry.

But im open to listen if people find Strawberry smells more often in ACEs gear. i always said im open…

i lately looked up all their Strains on pics, and some are indeed not very cool looking…
But the Thai aswell? hmm…

2 Likes

Got 3 Snowhigh Panama Red/Nangarhar Afghanis in the yard. Hard frost hit here this morning so they looked dead but have now recovered it seems like. They didn’t even throw pistils till the start of October and the buds are spindly as fuck. I don’t think they’re gonna make the couple of degrees below freezing it’s forecast to be here over the next couple of days. They are hardy and still growing despite everything else in the garden now being dead.
Don’t know whether to harvest some or just leave and hope for the best. Time will tell.

6 Likes

i’d throw some plastic over them and build a personal greenhouse. unless they’re too big. i’m gonna try to grow coffee in wv and plan on making small “coffee houses” out of a bunch of free wood and 3ft plexiglass sheets i’ve acquired for when the temps fall below 45* f. gotta test the heating system over a winter first.

5 Likes

running some Panama and Malawi x Panama (Ace gear) have a few more weeks before harvest. plant structure. bud size, ect over all great genetics (ordered from Tropical seeds = was disappointed with their seed packing and how they sent seeds - rate them a 3 out of 10 for that) . Can’t believe the trichome development (outstanding) have used these additives this round: Massive Bloom and Terpinator – with Humbolt County Own Line. There is one other “Panama” stain wanting to try is Dr> GreenThumbs.com (a bit expensive but have heard nothing but good things about this breeder) has some interesting “solid” “old time” strains !! (request their catalog and get $10.00 off on order _ their seeds run $150.00 a pack, which is my limit on amount of “coin” wanting to spend on seeds

4 Likes

Maybe at least get some cuttings so you don’t wonder what could have been if they don’t make it. Are you in an area that remains relatively frost free ?

2 Likes

Any Malawi Panama pics?

3 Likes

Great to hear that they’re hardy, I have a pack of those to reproduce and I was hoping they’d be tough for outdoor with that lineage. You’re in England, right? We’ve got a milder climate here hopefully

4 Likes

It’s temperate here and hard to tell which way it’s going to go. It’s possible we can have brief and hard frosts up until way in the new year. Good idea on the cuts. Will see if I can get some to root. I have another couple of 10 packs of these so it won’t be too bad if I lose them. That being said, I’m not sure they’ll ever finish here and Snowhigh’s gear is generally meant for outdoors as far as I can gather.

2 Likes