Pat Healy Grows & Nonsense

Haha If they were bigger I might be interested, but far too small for that price. I’d freeze and hash everything before I spent that type of money on a small fridge to dry flower in an already air conditioned room. Haha. Temps are finally dropping here, so I can either get a decent dry in the tent or just make some fresh frozen hash. I’ll decide in a month or so when I chop them all down and see what the weather is like. Everything will be easier once I’m just flowering out clones in a 5’x5’. One of these days I might get around to DIYing a wine fridge for drying, but for now I’ll just make some hash and see what happens in the home drying market. I also really don’t like the sound of nugs that have already degraded to the point where you have to break them up to get any smell. I’ll pass on that nonsense. Haha

8 Likes

Forgot I bumped the lights down to 400 watts last night or the night before too.

3 Likes

Still haven’t changed the light schedule, but I will. Had another plant collapse onto another and into the tent door. A real shitbomb in there. Smells great and some nice looking flower, but a wide range of finishing times in there for sure. Haha. They’ll go somewhere in the 63-70 day range before I chop them all down to dry or freeze. I just remembered I unplugged my chest freezer a while ago and forgot it was full of frozen flower for hash. Thats going to be nasty. Damn.

7 Likes

What’s up with people not letting flower finish? Scoping trichomes and whatnot on flowers that still have tons of white hairs and even the ones that have turned are nowhere near receding into the flower and the flower hasn’t swelled yet. Why do people make this so confusing and act like they’re scientists or something?? Flower is done when all of the hairs have receded, the calyx’s or bracts whichever it is are all swollen, and the flower smells the way it should. Nobody wants to learn how to grow plants. It’s just “Tell me what nutrients to use and when. Tell me what strength. Tell me what to set my lights at. Tell me how long to veg. Tell me when to flip. Tell me when to PK boost. Tell me when to harvest.” Shooting for a bunch of amber trichomes?? Why?? Why do people love degraded flower so much? Weird stuff. I’m over all of this kook nonsense and I’m not a fan of the update. I’ll still come on to check messages and share/trade with people, but that’s about it.

7 Likes

This is how I image people who ask questions that have been asked since the first year of the forum instead of using the search feature and reading journels.

screaming-baby-bird

8 Likes

That was truly lol funny

3 Likes

Hahaha Exactly!!

Which of these interest you the most:

-A Dub
-Chem D
-Dosi Dos
-Gorilla Butter
-Grape Pie
-Headband
-Motorbreath 15
-Triangle Kush
-Wedding Cake
-Gorilla Glue #4
-Wedding Pie
-Pablo’s Revenge

I’m less than a month or so from these current plants being done and then I’ll be ordering some cuts.

6 Likes

Triangle kush i think to me is at the top I f the list

5 Likes

It’s great one for sure. I’m trading SEMO for a cut, so I’m just seeing what he personally wants. He wanted GG#4 and Headband, but also said he wants everything. Haha

6 Likes

We all want everything :rofl::rofl::rofl:

5 Likes

Alot to like there.

3 Likes

Yeah, my choices would be pretty typical and kinda boring(to some) :rofl:
TK, Headband, gg4 , ChemD, MB15 but heard some good things about the Grape Pie

3 Likes

Im Grape Pie and all below.

3 Likes

I’ll end up going through all of those cuts most likely, but just starting with four or so for the first run. Only going to be flowering out a 5’x5’ after this run and keeping plants small. I hate big plants. Haha

4 Likes

Grape Pie is a favorite of mine for sure. Think it’s a low yielder, but I’m not selling anything these days. Wedding Pie (Wedding Cake x Grape Pie) has me super interested.

5 Likes

In response to questions on page 523
Pat I’m not sure what soil or fertilizer you have and or are using

Traditionally, the bloom schedule goes like this I use jacke 20/20/20
1/1/1 npk plus cal mag and Epson salts
At about 500 to 700 ppms
For the 2 weeks of transition ( to store up nitrogen for later )

Week 3 through week 5.5 10/30/20 bloom feed and a booster
Something like a 0/50/30
This is a 1/3/2 npk needed to start the build and develop roots
At this stage they need less and less nitrogen guide them into flower also stop cal mag use Epson salts if needed
( I add small amounts of Epson salts all through my grow as maintenance)

Week 6 through 7 .5
Combine at equal parts jacks 10/30/20 and 5/12/26
For an npk of 1/4/5 ish I stop bloom booster
Now focusing on fattening up and developing terps
Week 7.5 or 8 depending on how the plant looks through 9
5/12/26
This is an .5/2/4 npk I believe
At the end the higher k steers the plant towards finishing
I like a product called canna 13/14 it’s p and k booster
Good for weeks 6,7,8,9 for added p nd k

Then plain water till the end

My soil is pro mix witch has no nutrients in it at all
That’s why my schedule works I read the plant and give it only what it needs when it needs it

Hopefully this helps
Follow the ppm chart it’s a great tool

Also important I don’t use RO only tap

4 Likes

I would like to try Grape Pie. I havent had any Grape Pie or Cherry Pie in my time. I have had Grape Stomper and I enjoyed that one.

3 Likes

Awesome!!! I was thinking I’d have to wait until the next run to grab Grape Pie. Now I’m leaning towards grabbing:

-Grape Pie
-Triangle Kush
-Motorbreath 15
-Dosi Dos, GG#4, or Headband

5 Likes

This^^^ is solid.

1 Like

You have it down to 6!!

2 Likes