Preservation seed run with afghan genetics

Not for nothing, I ran all those AK you sent me, the F2s and the F3s, and didn’t find a single plant that resembled cherry.
Think of the statistics. You hit a 1 in 1000 shot, not just once, but you pulled three cherry AK out of a dozen seeds?

If we want something to be true enough, we’ll trick ourselves into believing it against all evidence to the contrary.

1 Like

Strange everybody else found it, Jet found 2 out of 5.
And Growhard found it.

2 Likes

I certainly hope I find it, sounds tasty…

1 Like

I haven’t found cherry yet, but I did find that skunky one. So I’m pretty sure it’s in there

4 Likes

I’m waiting til Dec to pop mine out, guaranteed coloring with it getting colder around end of January and February.

2 Likes

Yeah, Jet’s a good dude. Nice, to a fault.

I had been talking to growhard about his AK tho, because he was running it at the same time as I was.
Plus you can search “ @GrowHard cherry” and all of his posts with the word will show up. There’s only 9, and the one where he said cherry stem rub he also explicitly said he needs to wait till it’s done to say for sure.

Sorry for raining on your parade. I’m not saying the cherry is not there, but just that if it sounds too good to be true…

1 Like

He mentioned 9 times and then wasn’t around anymore.
If you ran them and didn’t find a cherry, with you I’m sure I would’ve heard about it long before now.
Aint raining on my parade.

2 Likes

I have never ran the cherry ak. But i can tell ya where I found a bunch of cherry goodness anf that was with Bodhis Cherry Queen. The mom i kept smells like sour cherry bubblegum.

10 Likes

you’ll like it

2 Likes

I guess maybe I’m not all the way tuned in with the goal here. My impression was that the goal was to preserve Afghan genetics, and there has been a lot of talk of running gear from worked lines like NL and such. I just threw out those DLA suggestions because it was a raw afghani crossed with a worked afghani x g13 (which to my understanding is also believed to be afghani). If it doesn’t fit the goals of the project that’s alright, I just figured I’d share my line of thinking.

15 Likes

Your goals are as welcome as anyone else’s!

Pay no attention to me. I am not even preserving Afghan genetics. I just watch this thread 'cause it’s where the smart people hang out.

14 Likes

Inside information?

I realize that I am ignorant here, never having grown it or the HP cross. I have grown Ghash crosses but don’t see commonality.

I plan a deeper study.

7 Likes

Right you are…I scored some f2 DLA8 from dyad. The DLA8 is the pure Afghan x 88g13hp…I tried to order from jbcseeds, but he was sold out…but I did grab dla11 which is vintage pakistani x 88g13hp.

7 Likes

We got the Tora Bora on deck over here and I may be able to take on another pure Afghan for preservation. I am wanting to run the Bodhi Old Soul which would be half Old Mother Ghani and the Pine Soul OG. So I see where you are coming from as far as a pure Afghan. Maybe we could make arrangements starting now to acquire something we kind of agree on like a pure Kandahar or a classic Mazar I Sharif?

16 Likes

if you’re down to take on a pure afghani preservation run soon, I’d suggest taking up @SamwellBB’s offer to donate a pack of world of seeds afghani. Those were the first seeds I ever bought, and those plants produced some absolutely killer honey oil hash.
Mine were a nice narrow leaf afghani. I would have volunteered if I didn’t already have my next several runs planned out. I would love to grow that one again.

10 Likes

I cannot confirm nor deny.

Now you’re talking.

8 Likes

I have the dla 6 that im sending to a special member here that is iraqi ranya x 88g13hp. From my experience the 88g13hp is quite laidback in expression. Usually produces knockout weed but lets the flavors, smells and nuances of the mama shine through.

7 Likes

Join the line.

TRSC told me they would be available by the end of the year/ early next year.

3 Likes

Does anyone have experience with the Balochistan from The Landrace Team? Big plant with long colas that looks like a beast. You guys know I’m in AZ and I want to bring more viable strains to us Desert dwellers who have to grow outdoors.

7 Likes