Psilocybe mushroom growing

no… you need to pressure cook the whole grain substrates: i.e. birdseed or rye … cakes can be steam sterilized with a lowered success rate…starting from spore it’ll take a month at least… from liquid culture (pregerminated spores that are dikaryotic linked as mycelium) two weeks to three weeks tops… then another 2 weeks or earlier for actual fruits…

6 Likes

I have the PF tek not the spores unfortunately. The PF tek was just the book they put out teaching their method. I wish I still had their spores :smile:

2 Likes

I got spores of random strains of magic strains all you need send info.**

6 Likes

No, you need to sterilize the medium.

1 Like

I skip PF Tek and use Rye Berries for Spawn, Elephant/“Exotic Zoo” and Horse manure-based compost for bulk.

With these spawn bags with the self-healing injection ports, you can also skip sterilization. Throw the compost in the freezer until ready to use, then thaw it. Don’t thaw it more than once.

http://www.shroomsupply.com/

3 Likes

Whoops, didn’t realize this was the same board.

1 Like

bump

for those who’ve done it does this look allright? sloppy? :thinking:

:evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Lol not bad… It’s got fruits lol

For a cake though, it’s a typical look, clusters or sporadic… Some will grow all the way around some will just be patchy like that

Looks delicious either way, very nice flush… however needs to be easier on the fruits lol twist and pull from the bottom makes for less holes inviting contams…

I can smell them from here lol

3 Likes

Just because… I found a bunch of mushrooms in the Jamez mountains last week.

10 Likes

I bought a kit and spore syringes back in the late 90’s…grew a few times and only taken a few times since…might have to get another small kit…in the name of science of course.

3 Likes

If you do, I’d love to hear how that goes and which supplier you choose.
being disabled a kit will probably be my best option for a low labor method to grow a small quantity of meds.

6 Likes

I still have 2 spore syringes sitting in my fridge waiting to use them. I have a 10lb bag of rye berries and a bag of gypsum. The only thing I need is a new pressure cooker insert, straw, something like compost in the mix, and self healing bags. They’re a year old now, so worst case I just buy more spores when I grab the other stuff just in case.

2 Likes

I could show you where to get cow shit if you want to make international transaction? We also get in uk inject and forget bags with oxygen release

2 Likes

I’ve just purchased a hybrid of b+ x penis envy and some creepers (keepers creepers I presume?)

1 Like

Check out the DIY mushroom thread. You’re responding to 2+ year old posts dude.

The B positive crossed with penis envy is called tidal wave, btw.

1 Like

Cool I will do

2 Likes

Hey homie!

What website is this? I’m interested in trying my mushroom growing luck?

1 Like

Here in Canada, this has been a really successful group to look at for purchasing Kits. (2 kits and Re-Fill ! )

Enjoy

3 Likes

Ill private message my vendor but I’m uk. Last strain I grew was was b+ x penis envy. Not the same x that won Oregon cup that they called tidal wave, it was reversed in male female doners . It was like tidal wave though very nice strain maybe not stabilised but very nice.
This is available in your country you can buy spores in USA and you can buy substrate if you combine the two and harvest fruit your in trouble.
But basically these bags have an oxygen release, without using shotgun chambers with some air exchange your only chance is pf tek pots in mono bag’s which you will get smaller yields.

1 Like

Im in canada are there any recommended places to get steriile substrate and grainspawn… Ive got very lil exp with these but i did have much success in my first attempt but the supplier is kind of a joke so im looking for other places to shop

2 Likes