ReikoX's Auto Projects

:blush: dumb question: Do auto-flowering plants typically grow faster than ā€œphotosā€ are expected to or are your LRxUV beans just magical?

Canā€™t grab a pic at the moment but will try to rememberā€¦

:evergreen_tree:

7 Likes

Iā€™ve grown several different auto strains and nothing grows anywhere near as quickly as @ReikoX LRxUV.
They grow constant and never seem to slow down. Some autos Iā€™ve grew seem like they have stalled out and seem to be sitting dormant for a week or two then all of a sudden once you start seeing the sex they get a massive growth spurt thatā€™s almost uncontrollable. Autos can be good fun :rofl:

12 Likes

Thatā€™s half the fun of autos. Some autos you can watch growā€¦ :+1::seedling:

12 Likes

@Esrgood4u @ReikoX Thanks! :smile:

ā€¦and this is from the LITFA guy?!.. :thinking:

6 Likes

The DFAM plants are doing well. I have been spraying the two bigger plants with CS for about three or four days now. It usually takes two to three weeks to see some results.

Sugar Black Rose seems to be taking the sprays a little hard. Notice the wilting and burning pistils.

Grapey Walter on the other hand has not even slowed down. The bottom leaves are looking a little bad, but that may be just from the CS applications. None of the pistils seemed to be withering and dying yet. Notice how the buds are just now starting to form, this is when I like to switch to a ā€œtransitionā€ veg formula until stretch stops.

Dark Purple is growing out of itā€™s funk. The poor thing had a rough start with a missing cotyledon and a self topping. You can see how it stunted the plant. Iā€™ll keep her around and probably get a few seeds out of it.

18 Likes

Just a bit of stretch on the Grapey Walterā€¦

17 Likes

:sweat_smile: :lifter:

Gotta stretch before you lift heavy weight!

At first glance I thought the press was exercise equipmentā€¦ :joy:

5 Likes

Yeah, thatā€™s why one arm is bigger than the other. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

8 Likes

The DFAM project is continuing as planned. The Grapey Walter and Sugar Black Rose have been sprayed daily for the last 10 days or so. Still no balls developed. I increased the lighting a bit, but the plants didnā€™t seem to like it, so I returned it back to the way it was.

Grapey Walter was stretched too much for my cabinet, so she got the ole z-bend treatment. She didnā€™t skip a beat.

Sugar Black Rose just doing her thing. Still no balls on this one either.

Finally we have the Dark Purple that started life out rough. Iā€™m debating starting to spray her as well now that sheā€™s starting to form buds.

Her buds are starting to get a nice dark purple hue to them.

14 Likes

Love it, I now dub the Lowryder x Ultraviolet ā€œEl Ruvā€!

@cannabissequoia, this would be the thread. Where I have documented most of my work. But my ā€œorigin storyā€ has not been documented. Gather around and Iā€™ll tell you how I got into autos.

A few years ago I was buying some seeds on Herbies and needed to spend a little more money to get more freebies. So I decided to add some autos to my cart. The ā€œmost popularā€ one listed was Fast and Vast Auto by Heavyweight Seeds. I picked up a 3-pack. I planted one in a 3-gallon tub of Fox Farms Coco Loco and fed it Biocanna nutrients. She grew in my 86-watt filing cabinet (retired). The thing lived up to its name, I was amazed by the speed this thing flowered. The quality was on par with what I was growing at the time and the yield was decent.

Needless to say, I was hooked. I grew out the Fast and Vast and then realized I had to buy more seeds. I decided that I wanted to make my own seeds, so I searched out some regular seeds. I found them in the Seedsman Lowryder mix. I had gotten some Delicious Candy photos as a freebie with a previous order and loved that plant. I decided to try some of their autos. These are the baby pictures for my 2017 Breederā€™s Pack.

I found a nice male in that Seedsman pack. I thought for sure he was going to be a female because how short he was. I moved him under my bathroom sink to flower and collect pollen. Each girl spent a night with him in turn, then was returned to the main cabinet.

These are the very pregnant mothers. The tall one on the right is ā€œEl Ruvā€ #1.

Well I started testing a bunch of these seeds and found a bunch of males. While going through them, it seemed that the Divyder (Lowryder x La Diva) was the only one that had a 50/50 M/F ratio. I was still just hanging at ICMag, but entered my Divyder into the Beer Cup challenge and won.

Well about this time I found OG. I was into my own ferments and tried to repeat my beer cup results using ferments instead of salt fertilizers. I barely made it to the finish line, but I did pollinate some two Divyders with a reversed Crystal Candy and two Divyders with a reversed La Diva. That tall one is an ā€œEl Ruvā€ that I didnt pollinate. I made a mistake and didnā€™t lable the plants so I had no way of telling what cross was what. Thus was born the Feminized Auto Mix (FAM).

I didnt win the challenge, but I gave every participant a pack of Divyders. Bunch of people started asking and I sent out just about every seed I made. I have one complete breeders pack and a pack or two of Divyders to work that line with.

Thus the cycle continues. Project DFAM is a go, and I want to do the 2019 Breeders Pack while that Lowryder2 pollen is still good. :+1::seedling:

33 Likes

Quite a story! Have you tried many other breeders autos? I read great things about fastbuds and Mephistopheles in particularā€¦

5 Likes

Iā€™ve grown Heavyweight Seeds, Delicious Seeds, and Sweet Seeds, and Seedsman. The Grapey Walter Iā€™m reversing now is Mephisto and I have Ghost Toof by Mephisto right behind it.

9 Likes

Made some room last night, spread out the seedlings a bit.

16 Likes

Thanks for the photojourney. :slight_smile:

Iā€™m enjoying the speed of things so far the most. It appears Iā€™ve got 50/50 m/f with pretty uniform shapes, a single taller male & itā€™s still wk 3 from soak. :smile:

The tricky part for me will be in transitioning them to outside to finish if possible. There seems to be quite a range of times-to-harvest on auto & ā€œsuper-autoā€.

The 4ā€™, 4-5 month super auto sounds REALLY appealing to me as added insurance against early rains & not having to cover things with plastic.

I donā€™t need more than 1 male, personally(like, myself HA!), so I dunno whether to pick the stretchy guy or not.

Sorry for the clutter

3 Likes

Fastbuds stuff can and do produce nice plants, but they are a little misleading in their naming and with some quite questionable marketing ads in the past.

Supposedly their GSC which i have grown and liked isnā€™t actually related to real GSC in anyway to those more familiar with the strain, and they just called one of their strains that to jump on the hype train, but i canā€™t really comment more on the supposed aspect of that.

As for their Blue Dreamā€™matic its hemi prone garbage, you can check here on the forums for a seed give away and grow they put up, i was part of that and even initially defending them when people were having hermi issues and stating it could just be more environmental stress and wanting to see said herm issues in good photos, needless to say my own plants hermed as well out of the blue per say lolā€¦

7 Likes

Ouch, probably not the best marketing plan there lol. They definitely have some cool stuff though, I really want to try their blackberry eventually.

3 Likes

Iā€™m about to hit some Auto Colorado Cookies with some of your pollen. I canā€™t wait to have a bunch of free autos and hand them out!

6 Likes

The Divyder (Lowryder x La Diva) or El Ruv (Lowryder x Ultraviolet) ?

4 Likes

Wow @ReikoX! The ā€œZ Bendā€! I love it. Iā€™ve flopped some tops but the @ReikoX Z Bend is as courageous and creative as it gets. You are an inspiration my brother. I like the way you think man. Much love and respectā€¦
:cowboy_hat_face:

5 Likes

The z-bend was taught to me by the micro master @Mr.Sparkle.

9 Likes