Romulan Genetics

Really amazing stuff and we’re glad to have you here

9 Likes

Thanks very much for that informative reply

5 Likes

Hello From a fellow Vet OIE/OIF US Army,Jake welcome to OG!I am a big fan of your work.Romulan and NL#5xG13 Hashplant was some of the best smoke I ever had as a kid.Romulan is such a good medicine for pain it’s one of the only ones that touches body aches so deep I can remember.Welcome aboard I look forward to learning from you and take it all in.:v:

5 Likes

I’ve grown Jakes original Romulan release and his S1 release and found some very amazing and unique plants. I kept one of the S1’s and still run her. It really hits all the buttons for me, gives me energy and I can smoke it all day with no come down tired feeling.

3 Likes

I’m seeing something different on one site selling you wares. 10 seeds per pack and they have 4 of your strains for offer including the BX1. Wondering if these were a special deal or some sort of shenanigans or simply a typo?

3 Likes

Welcome @RomulanGenetics ! Thanks for sharing your story and history lesson. I have a few packs of Next Gen seeds in the vault but now I have to get my hands on the orig!

Edit: I just wanted to add that I checked out the site and I REALLY respect and appreciate the amount of information you have for each of your crosses. Thank you!! More breeders need to do this. Now, can you give Caleb a call over at CSI headquarters and show him how’s it done?!

5 Likes

I was going to ask where in relation to Vic High Romulan is at, but someone got to it…now it’s clearer where HE got it. I’d have to say that’s quite a storied history about Romulan. Along the lines of what I tried to do for G13, but I applaud your accomplishments. The lines your offering do look choice. Might have to give your Romulan BX after I get through Crippy x Xmas BXing. Welcome to OG @RomulanGenetics, like all the other members glad to have ya as part of the community.

4 Likes

I found a plant in Jakes original Romulan release that was one of the most amazing plants I’ve ever encountered, it smelled like sandlewood and the way these chocolates taste if that makes sense.

Unfortunately I mislabeled the clone and lost her after one grow. I still can’t believe I lost that one.

9 Likes

They just have it mislabeled. Trust me they are all always 12 seeds no matter what the bank says.

15 Likes

BTW, I’m all out of likes… I’ll get to you all as soon as I get some more to hand out. :grin::+1:

25 Likes

Thank you brother, I appreciate it. :pray:

As for other breeders… being close to many of them, and learning as much as I have I can share this little secret with you all. Most breeders never grow their own genetics.

A lot have told bold face lies about the filial generation, root genetics, source, etc… Its genuinely a shit show. I was shocked about how widespread the fuckery is. People stealing work, renaming cuts as if it’s their own, spreading rumors about each other, paying people to Harris and ruin others reputations… its a horrible industry to be a part of sometimes.

But I’m glad that I was raised around Cannabis, spent time incarcerated for it myself, spent my life working with it one way or another, and had a High Times subscription way back when I was 9 years old. All of that made Cannabis a passion of mine.

I was raised with the idea that if you do something because you love it and not because of what it can give you… the world will always reward your efforts. So I work hard to be as precise as I can with all of the information I provide. I exclusively grow and smoke my own creations. I mean 98% of the herb I consume is made by me, grown by me. I stress test everything before release. Extreme stress testing. Most of photos I’ve shown people (except the collaboration stuff) has been photos from my stress test grows and not the better headstash grows I’ve done. This way people will grow something better looking than what I’ve shown them… Hopefully at least.

I only get enjoyment from this when people tell me how much they liked my genetics. If its changed their life in some way… im literally brought to tears in most cases. It might sound like bullshit… but the plant, the people… thats why I do this. So many breeders are only focused on other things like reputation, money, and infamy. I could give fuck all about those things. I retired as an electrical engineer to do this… I could easily go back and still do this as a hobby like it was when I started. But I’ll keep it up as long as people are happy and want more from me.:green_heart::vulcan_salute:

59 Likes

Yeah, that was an impressive amount of detailed info, and a good part of what made it fun to me. Detailed info on a LOT of strains. Yeah, half or so may be out of stock but the killer info is still there and was so cool to browse. The last breeder I remember describing the different phenos of one of his strains, and giving % of probability of finding it, was Prof P at Dynasty.

Man, I feel you. It’s gotta be brutal out there. I was talking to a friend who owns a dispensary in town (so. Colo), and a grow facility. Colorado has strict seed to shelf inventory system, and they’re only allowed to purchase seeds from Colo breeders (not that many).

He was telling me how they are able to work within the system to game the seed thing a little. But, it involved calling something you know is different, a new name. Honestly, I’m trying to remember the details but it was at the pizza place bar with music/beer. I wouldn’t repeat it but I do remember him talking of changing names. They must be producing some seeds on site and saying it’s what they already had in inventory or something… it surprised me.

I like your personal philosophy, though. Stick to that and you will never be short for customers. Stay true! peace

12 Likes

Professor P is one of the few that I look up to. Coastal Seeds being another. Both of them do such impeccable work, and that’s where I hope to get to one day as far as knowledge and experience goes.

25 Likes

Welcome aboard brother …
Glad you could join us…

2 Likes

Yeah I lived in Pueblo, Co and worked at some grows and heard even in 2017 with metric you had to litterally kill a clone you have a tag for and take your “import cut” and just put that tag on it. Run all the plants but that keep it as a mother then if your set up to take cut viola 1 cycle your “Fart Berry OG is now Dirty Diaper”

4 Likes

I know your stuck on the west coast but we have some good growers on the East coast too. Especially now with more states going legal. NY grower here since 03.

5 Likes

I just finished back reading the thread…
I’m loving the detailed history you’ve given brother…
It was interesting to know these deets…
Now when I finally grow and smoke your seeds, I’ll be thinking of its history and heritage…

5 Likes

Great to have you on the site. Love the Romulan and I have a buddy who can’t wait to try some!

1 Like

I grew the Romulan clone that circulated Northern California about 15 years ago and it was a great plant, amazing unique flavor , very clean and crisp. I realy like the grape rom and have seeds of that from a member here who is no longer on here.
I was always told it was genetics sourced during the Korean War and was most likely a Thai plant originaly. The one I grew was much more of a hybrid and def not a pure Thai.
I’m pretty sure the joe you speak of was from the bay area and had friends from Santa Cruz up into Canada but could be completely diff , lots of joes out there.

9 Likes

Well said, you truly have what it takes to continue with Life’s rewards.