Sannie's Seed Shop

can you share more detail about your baking soda technique?

Tablespoon scoop to 5 gallons water helps lower PH? or for raising it? Thx 4 the tip i just want to understand completely… ive heard baking soda can be good for the soil life too , idk why or how, but scientifically beneficial. also brewers yeast

ive heard of lit farms. maybe the particular plant you have there is some kind of runt, slow growing, and you could ask them about it or get replacement if thats the only plant you got? idk . that seems small for that long of time. personally, even if i like something, and its doing that … its done 4 me. i like growing and if the plants frustrating im not gonna like it as much lol. pheno hunting can be challenging.

1 Like

? How does a base acidfy water ph? Baking soda would definitely raise water ph.

3 Likes

My water is well water, acid as fuck
One small scoup of baking soda does it for me
In 5 gallons
I don’t pack it, just fill it a little below edge.
I did order a fish tank ph test kit.
That’s how I nailed exactly how much to use.
You need one to if your water is acid.

4 Likes

Ok, so you are increasing the PH with the baking soda. In your post it sounded like you were using it to replace PH down.

1 Like

highly recommend bluelab tool for ph pen theres no other product worth using in my opinion, it aint cheap, but its worth it… i bought little cheap ph pens on ebay and broke 3 of them before i spent the same amount on a blue lab that doesnt break. its good to have one again. i had one a long time ago too.

those ph drop tests that change color work pretty good too they are actually accurate i think

2 Likes

I had told him my water was around 5.8 so he told me a technique to raise it. Im mixing now that 5.8 water with a 7.1 water. Need to find something better.

1 Like

I wouldn’t recommend bicarb as it’s sodium based. That’s not a good idea for soil in my opinion.

Try crushed egg shell, oyster shell or Wood Ash firstly

4 Likes

@Papalag

https://www.canna-uk.com/improvedrhizotonic

I would use rhizo as ph up

Now it looks like new stuff is ph down lol

Havin both will be nice tho while it lasts

Ohhhhhh I wonder if the older version will be going cheap now haha ( be nice )

I use this for small swings in Rez ie 0.2 / 0.3 ph or less , in bigger swings in conjunction at end after ph up ( and in veg only )

New version I will try as ph down , just pondering how acidic it’s gonna be

Wakin and bakin this fine Sunday mornin , listening to capital chill on my dab radio
: )

5 Likes

I like Apera pH pens better and I was a BlueLab fanboy for years. Pens, Guardians, pH dosers, truncheons. But, I like the Apera way more and they have replaceable probes. So, you don’t have to buy a whole new pen each time. Check them out.

4 Likes

Ty @ifish it’s a great read

There’s some great information that explains the best way to pick a cut
:+1:

From the looks of the formula it’s the one I’ve been using

Iv noticed a color change from the last 2 bottles
And an increase in price

The small bottle went up to 44$ usd and it just dropped the price on Amazon today 23USD
I ordered last week it was 35 usd
What f is going on with this stuff

It’s great stuff but the pricing is bizarre

2 Likes

I jist got a apera ph/tds meter. Very happy with it so far.

3 Likes

I’ve used potassium silicate to raise pH in the past. DynaGro ProTekt is liquid potassium silicate product that I’ve had good luck with in the past. I rarely use it, only if I overshoot with pH down product. I use ascorbic acid for pH down.

2 Likes

damn never heard of that forsure ill check it out . u r definitely cool Pat thanks for the tip

man idk how but my potass silica just fell over earlier lol fuk. thats a strong ph up for sure

@Papalag yes great info

Reduce light strength by a third for mums 1 week befor takin cuts ( interesting so the cut gets used to low light when on mum so when it goes to prop no added stress on it ) and feed mums with lower n in feed , say 1/3/2 type with a slight touch of extra n from calmag but still n in npk ratio lower for feeding mums ( higher in p and k )

@Rhino_buddy @Jim

7 Likes

WOW I run cuts with. 35 watt led
But never reduced the light of the moms interesting :face_with_monocle:

5 Likes

Little pieces of the jigsaw
Love it
I trim up my cuts when on mum so stress is on her ( easy for her to handle ) , wait a week to heal , then take the cut , so less stress on cut going into prop , gonna add the light tek now to see

Haha and save money on electric , it’s a win win a no brainer
: )

7 Likes

17 Likes

:money_mouth_face: I words not have :drooling_face:

3 Likes

What two wonders!

I have tried several reproductions of Lemon Thai, a wonderful plant.

I haven’t had the pleasure of that Blueberry Sativa from Escobar, I would love to grow it and enjoy it :drooling_face:

7 Likes

Lemon Thai is good for a smoke and as breeding tool.

12 Likes