Seeds From Friends

Sooooo frosty! Looks like an absolute gem my friend!

6 Likes

Tres Banger x Iraqi Mintz Day 52 F
keeping this one around. Throws a nanner or two around week 4. after finding a couple stray seeds the first round I wanted to run it again because of how fire it is. And so far I’ve decided I could deal with the occasional nanner since I’m not commercial in a any way and don’t sell my flowers.

30 Likes

I’ll let the followers of this thread help me out, or at least reassure me. The following pic shows 2 sets of seeds.
5 seeds from (?) X DLA 5 F2 on the left.
5 seeds on the right are DLA 5 F2 s1.

I took these 5 seeds from 5 different parts of the plant. I need to take these plants down tonight,
I feel they are ready to harvest and begin drying, am I correct?

Also note how much bigger the s1 are than the other cross using same pollen. Not only are they way bigger than the others, they are the biggest beans I’ve ever held.

15 Likes

Yeah, I noticed that right off the bat. Interesting.

I mean, if you have to take them down tonight, you have to take them down tonight. I’m sure there’ll be plenty of viable seeds.

7 Likes

They look good to go to me. I’ve had way more immature seeds pop and produce fine. You could drop some for a test…

What are the size of the bracts on the unknown plant? Are they smaller? I find that sometimes the size of the calyx/bract can influence the seed size.

The DLA reversal looks to be a success! That’s awesome. You going to explore the S1s next?

8 Likes

They look good to me, the seeds will also keep maturing while the plant hangs and dries so you should be good to go.

3 Likes

Yeah, just because they’re not all tiger-striped and juicy-looking doesn’t mean they won’t sprout or grow into some fire, for sure.

6 Likes

Yes. I will be trying to take those to s2. My goal is to go through about 50 of them to select for stable faster growing nasty smelling stuff to s2.

But the other fem cross has me really excited. I’m going to hunt through those for the best of the best then take them to s2.

All the while testing for stability. Hoping to bring something special to OG in 2022. :green_heart:

12 Likes

6/8 on the Wolfpack F2

12/14 on Nitro Monkey. Nitro Monkey is a pollen Chuck I did with some Space monkey pollen back in 2017 while making F2. The mom is a Nitro Cookies cut hunted by KMOG from RIU and passed to our circle of friends.

14 Likes

Unfortunately I think the remaining DLA 5 F2 seeds might be duds. The few that opened up had blackish tap roots then stalled out while the WP F2 and Nitro Monkey did just fine

7 Likes

The DLA 5 F2 reversal was a success. In 2022 I will begin making selections for an S2.

I’ve been shucking the DLA 5 F2 S1 seeds

The buds are absolutely disgusting to smell, and I love it.
The first smell that comes to mind is a puppy’s breath. Then I’m getting gasoline, eye watering burnt rubber. Rotting meat. Quite possibly the densest bud I’ve ever had , definitely the densest I’ve grown. Hard as rocks, difficult to shuck.

Beans are fucking dinosaur eggs.
Taste is hashy, gassy, and heavy. Instant head high. Leaves you lost and forgetful. Creeps down to my neck. Great for hunger, makes me want to eat up the entire fridge. At night it is very sedative, great gaming weed too.

I think I’ll make a separate thread to document my hunt. Should be done shucking tonight then I’ll begin shucking the Goji x DLA 5 fems that I made as well. Those will also be hunted and then I will make selections.
Thank you for following this process.

28 Likes

Hell yeah! That’s badass! I’ll be watching for your S2 selections. Description smells rank! Did you use CS or STS for your reversal? It’s a lot of fun to have fem beans to play with :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Yes I’ve had about 3 other people now tell me that Puppy breath is the first thing they smell. It’s gross lol

I used the exact formula that @Sebring gives in his videos. Every single process is the same as his give or take a hundredth of a gram when I weighed everything. Trust the process :100:

10 Likes

That’s a damn fine kitty right there

6 Likes

If you remember, tag me for that one. I wanna see it.

That was the first thing I thought when I saw that pic. “Wow. That looks pretty dense…” haha.

9 Likes

Right? Is that carpet? Lol, damn.

5 Likes

Haha puppy breath is quite specific! Sounds like some nice indica - good for gaming is always a nice plus!

5 Likes

Here are a couple shots of what’s in the flower tent yesterday at day 29.

2 of 3 Dank Zappa F2

2x Genie (TKI x Cheech Wizard)

28 Likes

Zappas looking frosty!!

8 Likes

No updates today.
But I do want to ask that everyone keep our Colorado peeps in our thoughts.
Many people have lost their homes, grows, and personal stuff.
I’m sure we have quite a few growers on our site who may be affected or know someone who is.
:pray::green_heart:

17 Likes