Seeds From Friends

Excellent smoke report . I too enjoy to “smell THROUGH the bag” Isn’t it ironic it’s ALWAYS the ones that we don’t take cuts from that ends up being needed again or the absolute fire! :man_facepalming:t2: story of my life unfortunately.

7 Likes

Dank Zappa F2 Smoke Report part 2
Next pheno

Bag appeal : bigger buds. Rock hard dense. Plenty of trichome coverage making the buds look almost white, with sprinkles of purple throughout.

Smell : I had to do this three times to make sure I wasn’t being deceived. Have you ever reused a pickle jar? Know how you wash it a million times and it still has that faint pickle smell?! That’s what I’m smelling. Unmistakably dill pickles. First time my wife and I agree. The sourness coming in gives it the pickle thing. Tiny bit of floral notes with plenty of fruitiness on the backend that my wife and I believe to be peach and grapefruit. I say mostly peach, she says mostly grapefruit :man_shrugging:t2:
Based on the pickle smells alone of this particular pheno, it gets a 10/10

Taste : unfortunately nothing like pickles (womp womp) but still very good. The fruitiness comes through but not overly so. Deep hashy notes come through on this smoke. It’s very overwhelming on my lungs but I can’t put it down lol
Because I wish it carried over some pickle taste it gets an 8/10

Effects : POW This herb hit me hard and fast. Active, walked both dogs ( while still smoking lol), fed the baby ( not while smoking :sweat_smile:) and sat down for dinner and all the while my head was in the clouds. My wife and I had a great dinner conversation, made the baby laugh a bit, I had a great time. Then I laid the kiddos down for bed and my wife went off to work. That’s when I sat down for a video game or two and the relaxation set in. Shoulders heavy, neck massage feeling. Very nice herb to smoke in the evening. Probably too much down for the daytime if you like to be active. 9/10

Duration: 2+ hours

Overall: This particular pheno would be nice to find if you have these. I would more than likely keep one around for the smell alone if I could find it again. It’s a bonus that it’s some great smoke. 9/10 :green_heart:

37 Likes

I think this is the first time I’ve heard of pickle terps! How wonderfully unique and interesting! Are you gonna try and re veg since you don’t have cuts of this pheno?
Looks great!:+1::grin:

10 Likes

Sounds like a winner - interesting with the pickles - I know Bodhi’s kashmir has the pickle terps, haven’t heard that for the g13hp so maybe from the mom’s side?

8 Likes

No. I have more seeds so I will do a proper hunt soon

9 Likes

Wow man, great reviews so far. @Torontoke would be proud. :slight_smile:

Are you saving the best review for last? :wink: Also, when you finish up the DZ F2 reviews, would you mind talking about their overall growth, vigor, and yield? I don’t care about specifics or weights or anything, but I’d love to hear your impressions of how they rate in general as plants, and anything you’d do different the next time you flower them out.

That’s so weird! I get minty pickle flavors from some phenos of bodhi’s TK x Iraqi. @Budderton @ramblinrose It’s strange and unpleasant to most people, but since I don’t care too much about flavor, I’m OK with it. The effects are worth it.

It’s weird you said it was active weed at first but then you said it’s not daytime weed. Which is it? :slight_smile: Can you elaborate on that a little bit?

15 Likes

I might have a cut of that. :wink: I think anyway. Got those 2 Dank Zappa F2s, 1 And 2 phenos. Let me know if you need me to send some cuts back. :+1:

5 Likes

Got me with these reports 100% although I’m curious if it’s day or night smoke. But I’m sold, on the lookout 100%

6 Likes

I have a decent tolerance. So I will say overall it’s nighttime weed. Just not instantly sleepy.

7 Likes

Will do so in the future. But I can say for all 3 plants, veg growth was fairly slow. Short, strong. Small space internodes. No support needed in flower. If I had to do it again, I’d only veg them longer.

9 Likes

I’ll pm you. It’s safe to say you should set a couple aside for me :pray::sunglasses:

8 Likes

Will do. They are getting bushy! Also have that genie you sent if you’d like a snip of that back, too.

You okay with unrooted cuts?

5 Likes

Dank Zappa F2 Smoke Report Pt 3 (final)

First, let me add to the all 3 of these reports.

Growth: All 3 females that I found veg slow. Too well, and bush out evenly. No support needed. I veg for about 60 days or so, but most times a little longer if need be. Zero stretch in these 3 during flower. These seem like they will be prone to mold, I just got lucky that my humidity seemed to stay constantly at 50% or less this round. I found zero mold or pm. Purple came out in 2 of 3. They yielded average for their size while in 3 gallon pots.

Keep in mind this is my experience with only 3 females. There will most likely be more diversity in these F2 so you may find some similar stuff and you may find something way off the beaten path. :seedling:

Last Pheno

28 Likes

Bag Appeal : Despite my horrendous photography, this pheno is almost as rock hard dense as the second one. Purple fan and some sugar leaves but no purple buds. Stickiness rivals #2 as well.

Smell : rubber, earthy, mango(?), gas. The rubber is a tennis shoe rubber with the mango being very overripe. Gas comes in at the end. I like the mango but not necessarily the rubber. Still very nice and very Dank
8/10

Taste : earth mango on the inhale, mango gas on the exhale . Deep and hashy, very heavy smoke. Makes me cough a good amount. 8/10

Effects: Instant ping behind the eyes. Heavy eyed, warm face, droopy shoulders. I want to curl up on the couch with some Oreos and milk and take a nap. Sleepy weed, munchie weed. I ate way too many desserts. Didn’t finish the joint, too heavy for me :sunglasses::sweat_smile: 9/10

Overall : This is the perfect nightcap weed. You won’t be able to watch a movie or play video games. A friend of mine tried it and said he literally couldn’t move from his seat for half an hour :joy:. Great if you have trouble eating. Also a very photogenic plant 9/10

22 Likes

Interesting… I wouldn’t have given the strain a second thought before but your smoke report has me wanting to grow it some day. Sounds like a really mellow but powerful smoke. Thanks for the write-up!

5 Likes

I’ve always been curious about dank Zappa. I haven’t seen a lot on this cross, mostly find the Sinatra grows. Thank you for your info!

5 Likes

Great reports @Vagabond_Windy thanks for being so thorough. May even borrow your template for future .

6 Likes

Nice! Is this last pheno your favorite effects out of the three? I wonder how they’d do in higher humidity environments? Most of the HP crosses are pretty resistant to mold as this is one of bodhi’s criteria in his wet coastal environment, and most of the HP crosses finish in 9wks or less.

Sounds like the Dank Zappa F2 need to be topped a couple times in veg and then vegged for quite a bit longer than you normally would if you want them to yield more than just average. Honestly, I find that’s a case with a lot of the HP crosses - not much stretch, especially if the mom was a slow vegger too. That’s both a blessing and a curse. They aren’t big production plants, but the headstash quality more than makes up for it since most of us home growers aren’t selling. :wink:

Thanks for running these and following through on the grow and smoke reports. Can’t wait to see what’s on deck! :rainbow:

17 Likes

Sticking with my seeds from friends theme. Here is a selection of TK x Iraqi F2 at Day 63 F in a 3 gallon pot

Seeds given to me by @nube

43 Likes

That pic is juicy looking. You really got this stuff down. Every pic you post is better than the last! I love this strain’s droopy fan leaves - it’s genetic, folks. :wink:
:eyes:
And what a coincidence - I just vaped a bowl of that one’s moms! :slight_smile: Minty pickles with some OG funk, super blast off weed.
:rocket:
It’s taking me hours to post this cuz I keep staring at the wall, going down mental rabbit holes and tangents to far distant destinations.
:railway_track:
I wish there were more of those TK x Iraqi packs made, but dang I’m glad I was able to test them. Though you might have to watch for nanners in the first few weeks of flowering, the resulting smoke is some of my all time favorite.
:dash:

19 Likes