Silver Pearl (Sensi Seeds)

Drooling rn

2 Likes

Screenshot_20240727_142231_Samsung Internet

23 Likes

2 Likes

This is the precursor to sour diesel, no? How can I get beans or clones?

No, not to the best of my knowledge. It could be a parental link to OG Kush and Triangle kush.

4 Likes

One can probably get similar, if not, better results by crossing Sensi’s Early Pearl (IBL) to MrNice (NL#5xSkunk#1) (IBL). Damn! That :shushing_face: sounds like :fire::fire::fire: waiting to happen.

7 Likes

Have you tried Early Queen? It’s Mr.Nice Silver Pearl.

Pz :v:t2:

4 Likes

Sounds like a tough but good teacher. At least he was so right to put the focus on roots, it’s often so much overlooked at. Good tips up there thanks.

Keep us posted @Rocket!

3 Likes

No, not yet.

I thought this was the case a little while ago, but after much research, I believe Early Queen is either a Silver Pearl that’s been inbred towards Early Pearl, or is an Early Pearl IBL. It looks like Early Pearl to me.

5 Likes

Hmmm… Yeah, you’re probably right. I can’t find any definitive lineage for Early Queen. It was the “Since the beginning of the 1990s, this three way hybrid has earn acclaim in the cultivators world.” description that got me to jump the gun. My bad…

Been researching this and it seems that the Silver Pearl is NL5(Nevilles breeder cut) x ( Early Pearl x (Early Pearl x Skunk #1)). It would be awesome if you or @HolyAngel could confirm that this is case.

Never grown Silver Pearl but since it’s not ready available anymore I can understand why it’s been overlooked. Hopefully it will emerge yet again in quality seed form.

I got really interested in TK after growing the S1s! The uplifting effects together with the mouth coating kush taste really makes it the best kush around imo. It’s going to be interesting to follow along this grow!

8 Likes

Think that’s a confirm :wink: :+1:

And hell yeah! Anyone saying otherwise doesn’t have the real one IMO ^^

10 Likes

It just used a simple Early Pearl x Skunk #1 cross and not the Early Pearl Improved (EP.(EP.xSK#1)).

7 Likes

Thank you @HolyAngel and @Rocket for clearing that up! There is always a bit of noise when you look up older cultivars.

I got the NL5 from JP, do you think the Early Pearl IBL is better to use, or would a Early Skunk to the NL5 be a good idea @Rocket?

5 Likes

NL5 from JP? Which is that? Bdsc nl5?
Id sooner look at defseeds nl5 myself…

2 Likes

NL5H x EP give a smooth, not saturating, JH at least. Already tested. It wasn’t a big scale but i don’t got any hazey pheno on ~100 seeds.

If I was on this side of the force, i will reserve the NL5 for a direct skunk assembly with a chem. I tested a NL5 ibl x C91 (but in fems), the selection was terrible but the genetic was streamlined and melted very well. Surprisingly.

3 Likes
  1. Early Pearl IBL (Sensi) × (NL#5 × Skunk#1) (Mrnice).

2. Early Pearl IBL (Sensi) × Shiva Skunk IBL (Sensi)

3. Early Queen (EP. IBL(?)) (Mrnice) × (NL#5 × Skunk#1) (Mrnice)

I wouldn’t use anything else that isn’t part of the original genetic make of Silver Pearl.

6 Likes

Early Skunk is a good choice, but the biggest problem is that the original NL5 mother is not available in its pure form.

4 Likes

@HolyAngel I actually don’t know. Might have to ask JP :+1:t2: I trust his judgment when it come to plants so I just snagged 3 packs when I bought your SSDD bx :sweat_smile:

That’s very interesting info @Fuel. That makes me directly want to play around with some of the African sativas and Early Pearl.

Yeah you are totally right @Rocket. It’s quite obvious that the NL5 is that sauce in this cross. Providing the last piece to the genetic puzzle. As I understand it, nevilles NL5 #1 was very leaning towards the Purest Indica, with much fatter leafs and stockier structure then the rest of NL5. I can see how this might help bring all the Mexican genetics together from the skunk and EP.

Haha, you are leading me into side projects here :nerd_face:

Definitely following along this one, it’s going to be exciting to see how they grow.

7 Likes

:thinking: You mean the (SSDD F2 #1 x Starlite) StarShine F2’s? I never gave JP the SSDD F2 BX1, I gave those out myself and never sold them, I’d hope you’d have a pack… I did give JP a bunch of those F2’s though so I’m assuming that’s what you got?

3 Likes

I have several different iterations of NL5 and Shiva Skunk I could use for something like this if I ever took a notion.

Personally, I wouldn’t buy anything Sensi is offering these days. You don’t see many good things written about their seeds anymore. It’s a shame because back in the day Sensi was king in our circles.

I would have to seek out some inbred Early Pearl from someone who got their original stock in the early to mid 90’s.

6 Likes