Silver Thiosulfate - Making feminized seeds

@Hashton_Kusha - that’s kinda hard too say without knowing all the variables ….one could make about (36) 500ml bottles from 4-oz. The shelf life of the combined ingredients is about 1-month. I guess if you are steady making seeds and 500-ml will cover your monthly “nut” then it would last you about 3-years. I don’t think I’d go through it that quickly.

2 Likes

We’ve had cooler nights here, midcoast Maine, had 38deg the other night, back up in 50s now for nightly lows. A LOT of moisture/rain. Getting rain tonight and all day tomorrow. Couldn’t come at a worse time for growers up here.
My seed plants are done, grabbed the last 3-4doz seeds over the weekend.

My red bud clones are still doing ok, started them in coco last Tuesday, so coming up on a week. Hopefully we see some roots on Friday and I’ll move them to potting soil and give them some weak food to give them a little kick.

Then we’ll be settling in for winter and getting the wood stacked and the stove going. I popped 6 beans 3wks ago, they need to come inside now, already getting a bit leggy. There’s some Amnesia Haze Auto, and some Every Day Haze Photo. I saved some Widow Maker pollen so may do some crosses this winter, or I may reverse one of the Amnesia’s and get some fem’d seeds of that strain.

It’s fall. Eat pie. :slight_smile:

Lob

3 Likes

We’ve had some significant rain and moisture hereabouts as well. Mosquitos are raging.

I outright lost two of my three outdoor-plants completely to botrytis and the third was so mangled from the weather and it’s own problems that I just put her out of her misery as well.

After popping 3-males and all the trouble with the other three, it’s clear, 2022-outdoor was not meant to be for me.

-nothing to show but experience. :upside_down_face: (Hoping everyone else has better luck)

The indoor (fall) babies are coming along though. Almost time to up pot there.

2 Likes

Think I’m losing my mind…
I have Parts A and B mixed and stored in my basement fridge.
I can’t find the proportions for mixing A & B into the spray? I think it was about 1/2cup each…

Little help??

Lob

Hold tight- looking

@Tonygreen has the best thread with those details. I’ve linked it up top and here again:

There are precise mixing details :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My indoor plants are about 1mo old, autos, and are about 15" tall right now.
Is this too early to spray? I remember last year that some autos I started went into flower VERY early…

Lob

Crap…what happened to the 5?

1 Like

They’ll get going, their healthy.

2 Likes

I just sprayed the 7 plants that I started awhile ago with STS.

2 Likes

considering use the “gene reveral sprays” know there are about 10 different reveral sprays – which one is the best to use ?

@Yetigrows , for your reversals of Autoflowers, what is your timing like?

Did you reverse 1x plant, collect the pollen and then start the to-be-seeded plants after?

(Or)

Did you start them all a few weeks apart, reversed the earlier ones and so the :banana: 's dropped dust when the later plants got into around week 2-3 of flower?

Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

I started the two I was reversing about two weeks earlier, as soon as they started showing perflower I sprayed.

I collected as my males were in a different room.

2 Likes

Thank you @Yetigrows !

2 Likes

Just got back to US this morning, get home tonight. No idea what shape my plants are in… Will post an update tomorrow…

Lob

1 Like

I miss Irish. He is a cool dude.

2 Likes

Well…my plants were a mess.
End result is that I’ve salvaged them, but they are all in full-flower now. I had put them on 12/12 for sexing, then went back to 24/7, and they’re all very happy in flower.

Can I take clones from them?..will they go back to veg?

You can reveg a clone but it takes ages of TLC before it turns back into a healthy plant, if it does at all. Depends on a few diff factors. If it’s important genetic material you could take 10 clones and hope 1 takes it to a healthy new mom. Don’t use tips nor bottom branches, the strong middle sections are where the magic happens in clone world. But if you want to go for bud, go for bud. Imho, it’s best to consider your options and put all the work into making the best fitting option work out, but it’s not always conducive to a nice life, so it kind of depends.

So, yes, you can, if you have the time, patience, experience or willingness to learn, and don’t mind sacrificing most of your best budding branches.

WHY did you put them in 24/7 is what I’m wondering. If the goal is to get feminized pollen you are best off just dropping a few more beans (if you can of course) and doing the works properly on time, because revegging towards vegetative growth and then going back into STS treatments will not only cost more time but is also not very conducive to vigor. Vigor is highest when plants are young, just like in nature, and declines with stress. Regenerative processes cost a lot of vigor, which is why less vigorous plants or branches more often don’t make it.

2 Likes

Good points, all. This got away from me, mostly due to a trip to South America. Lost focus and control.

Yeah. I hope one day he still “grows” again.

3 Likes