Silver Thiosulfate - Making feminized seeds

Nope. At least I don’t think so. Do a search, several companies offer it. I think you can even grab it on Amazon.
And you don’t need much. I mixed a batch with material that was sent to me.
95% of it is still in my storage fridge downstairs. I’ve got enough there to reverse a hundred plants, easy.

So don’t buy a gallon, is what I’m trying to say :slight_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile: :sweat_smile:

A little goes a VERY VERY long way.

Lob

2 Likes

Thanks I’m going to look into that

Silver Nitrate on Amazon $20 (10-g 99.99%)

Sodium Thiosulfate on Amazon $9.99 (4-oz)

Shipping was $11 for both though…. Little pricey there, but according to Sebring, he’s been using the bottles he first bought for 10-years. A little goes a loooooong way…

1 Like

About 15mins of harvesting. Seed queen’s buds are all browning up, which makes seeds nice and ripe and easier to separate.
Must have 200-300 by now. I’m sure some aren’t quite ripe…but most are.

Lob

6 Likes

Hmmm…that’s actually a tough one. I’ve been harvesting these for about a month, I think. So I’d say 2mos? Let me go back through my photos, those are dated.

This was from a month ago, and I didn’t start to harvest at that point…it was like 2wks later.

Here’s what that plant looks like now:

I haven’t watered them in a week…no real reason too. They’re autos, and they’re done, so no growth and no green to support. The more they dry out, the easier it is to harvest tho…

Lob

5 Likes

I squeeze any lighter colored seeds with a fingernail…real easy to figure out which pile they go in when you do that.

Lob

2 Likes

How much does 4oz last tho?

@Hashton_Kusha - that’s kinda hard too say without knowing all the variables ….one could make about (36) 500ml bottles from 4-oz. The shelf life of the combined ingredients is about 1-month. I guess if you are steady making seeds and 500-ml will cover your monthly “nut” then it would last you about 3-years. I don’t think I’d go through it that quickly.

2 Likes

We’ve had cooler nights here, midcoast Maine, had 38deg the other night, back up in 50s now for nightly lows. A LOT of moisture/rain. Getting rain tonight and all day tomorrow. Couldn’t come at a worse time for growers up here.
My seed plants are done, grabbed the last 3-4doz seeds over the weekend.

My red bud clones are still doing ok, started them in coco last Tuesday, so coming up on a week. Hopefully we see some roots on Friday and I’ll move them to potting soil and give them some weak food to give them a little kick.

Then we’ll be settling in for winter and getting the wood stacked and the stove going. I popped 6 beans 3wks ago, they need to come inside now, already getting a bit leggy. There’s some Amnesia Haze Auto, and some Every Day Haze Photo. I saved some Widow Maker pollen so may do some crosses this winter, or I may reverse one of the Amnesia’s and get some fem’d seeds of that strain.

It’s fall. Eat pie. :slight_smile:

Lob

3 Likes

We’ve had some significant rain and moisture hereabouts as well. Mosquitos are raging.

I outright lost two of my three outdoor-plants completely to botrytis and the third was so mangled from the weather and it’s own problems that I just put her out of her misery as well.

After popping 3-males and all the trouble with the other three, it’s clear, 2022-outdoor was not meant to be for me.

-nothing to show but experience. :upside_down_face: (Hoping everyone else has better luck)

The indoor (fall) babies are coming along though. Almost time to up pot there.

2 Likes

Think I’m losing my mind…
I have Parts A and B mixed and stored in my basement fridge.
I can’t find the proportions for mixing A & B into the spray? I think it was about 1/2cup each…

Little help??

Lob

Hold tight- looking

@Tonygreen has the best thread with those details. I’ve linked it up top and here again:

There are precise mixing details :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My indoor plants are about 1mo old, autos, and are about 15" tall right now.
Is this too early to spray? I remember last year that some autos I started went into flower VERY early…

Lob

Crap…what happened to the 5?

1 Like

They’ll get going, their healthy.

2 Likes

I just sprayed the 7 plants that I started awhile ago with STS.

2 Likes

considering use the “gene reveral sprays” know there are about 10 different reveral sprays – which one is the best to use ?

@Yetigrows , for your reversals of Autoflowers, what is your timing like?

Did you reverse 1x plant, collect the pollen and then start the to-be-seeded plants after?

(Or)

Did you start them all a few weeks apart, reversed the earlier ones and so the :banana: 's dropped dust when the later plants got into around week 2-3 of flower?

Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

I started the two I was reversing about two weeks earlier, as soon as they started showing perflower I sprayed.

I collected as my males were in a different room.

2 Likes