Sour Diesel Thread

Meaning original , from the source … Since then theres been more copys and misslabeld cut for 2 decades now from this Line ,… Elite genetics in michigan did Chem Sour D OG cross’s guys are doining today back in 2008 , same Rez ect … Original means untampered with genetics …

2 way street , love it when guys show up on internet in last 5 years claiming they read this or herd that , Nevil said this ect… , they crossed this ect . Plants do lie. , People do

2 Likes

That makes no sense when talking about certain clones. Original means the first one. According to your logic, all the chemdog cuts should just be considered “original chemdog “ ?

2 Likes

for long time people thought theres was only 1 diesel , people thought theres was only 1 Sour D , but over time people have learned more … people found seeds at same era from same source from the “original” genetics that made them . Were found grown, cloned and passed out over the last 20 years …
just like OG theres a few what are called “Original” clone only OG’s , meaning unworked S1’s found …

4 Likes

So your saying any plant from S1 is still considered the original ? You can’t be serious. Don’t you realize that is precisely why we have the confusion we do today? It is from that exact same reason.

5 Likes

Chemdog in general was something and the chemdog buds with seeds were sold to just one guy now known as chemdog. Imagine all the other bag seeds that got popped from that batch in the US. Could there have been even 1 more that survived? Maybe not at all. The same thing was happening with Sour Diesel.

5 Likes

So what makes anything AFTER THE FIRST ONE, “ the original” ?

3 Likes

the '91…or, so they say.

1 Like

Yeah but imagine if we called the 91,sister,D and the 1-4 , all the original chemdog ? Makes no fucking sense right ? LOL. That’s my point to the people above arguing there is more than one “ original “ sour d because someone popped more than one seed over time. Even if they came from the source

4 Likes

if someone has to use ‘original’ in the name, it’s probably not original at all.

4 Likes

I’m not claiming anything. I just really, truly do not understand what you’re saying.

Anyway, don’t worry about it.

5 Likes

Every “cut” comes from a seed plant.
Clone onlys are cuttings saved from seedlines that have been lost.
There is no “cut” without having a seed.

Trainwreck is a cut still held, but the seeds arent around anymore to find sisters, nieces, or even repro the line. But that cut thats still around originally came from a seed.

Sour Diesel was made by pollen getting onto a room of Diesel.
The kilos of seeded Diesel were sold and those people popped the bag seeds and voila they have their own sisters of Sour Diesel. The seeds were never released to the public, so its considered a clone only. But every seed popped from those kilos throws a different sister or different “cut” of Sour D. All legit Sour D, all siblings, all a lil bit different.
Same thing happened to Bubba Kush. Supposedly Bubba got seeded by Kush and those seeds got passed around. One seed made the pre98 cut, another seed made the Katsu cut. No seeds got released to public. Both pre98 and Katsu are legit cuts of Bubba Kush, both sisters, both from seed, both are “clone only”

So, there is no plant called Sour Diesel that got pollinated. It was Diesel that got pollinated and the bag seeds from that are Sour D.
Some say Diesel was pollinated by itself, some say it was pollinated by different strain(s). Either way, thats how theres different ‘original’ Sour D’s - they all came from those original kilos of bag seed.

20 Likes

Minitiger I don’t know you but dude you constantly take quotes from anybody and everybody and stir shit up. Do you really truly care about sour d’s true backstory/ lineage whatever you wanna call it. Does it really matter that much? You stated you never grew the original so who cares. Personally I don’t think it exists anymore I mean where’s those famous pink pistils and silver buds. I just don’t see it, they all look diffrent to me. Long as it smokes good who cares. However I agree totally in the taste is like no other period. Haven’t smoked the real deal since phish big cypress 2000 lol.
Edit: I do remember a long time ago crazy composer posted some shots that looked legit. I don’t rember whose cut it was though.

5 Likes

Then that means we should just call any of the Chem cuts , just chemdog. Then when people wonder why they look so different, we can just say, it doesn’t matter, there all original.
Like I mentioned above, do you realize that naming siblings and S1 cuts the same name are the sole reason why we are having this conversation yet again ?

3 Likes

Here some pics from jiminitz and smokey puffmaster I dug up from 2005 I think This is how the buds looked when i always bought sour d. The taste was the biggest sell point and that LOUD smell that couldnt be contained! Forgive me of these arent sour d. Doesnt the real deal cut take 13 weeks or so too? I mean we were paying 480 for zips in 1999! 60 eighth all the way up no breaks. To this day I haven’t come across anything with that kinda smell. Some stinkers like sensi star, but nothing like that.

24 Likes

Nice slippery slope.

1 Like

That’s exactly how indoor Sour Diesel should look. Most of the original cuts started suffering from the dudding disease and were replaced with newer higher yielding SD cuts that were not the same. Most likely Hybrids or S1’s of the original

4 Likes

Of course everyone is going to call their 2023 sour diesel the original cut. Everyone is trying to market that original east coast late 90s shit. What are yall even arguing about? Coastal seeds said what I and a bunch of other people are saying. The stuff was all over the NY scene and entire east coast up and down the highways. This was a different world where nothing was legal and everything was discreet. You had people finding their best shit from those seeds and trying to hold on. This isnt '07 or '02 this is 1990s. I remember an old high times mag where they had it winning a cup. it wasn’t _____ cut it was just sour diesel. All of these cuts have came about much later with the rise of internet and more $$$$$$$$ in the business.

Just like how if you buy “skunk” seeds or “haze” seeds there isn’t one it is a strain with slight phenotypic variation.

The original chemdog bag seeds as I mentioned were similar but they’ve been lost and all we have now are thankfully a few cuts that survived and their hybrids like Giesel.

6 Likes

Well said… I totally agree with everything you just said. Makes perfect sense, but why was it forgotten for so long? Sour d wasn’t really talked about as much until recent years with this old school revival or whatever you wanna call it. I’m wondering if alot of growers switched to grow all the kushes and faster flowering varieties. I mean you can almost get 2 harvests in by the time a satva is done.

2 Likes

Sour Diesel also freaks me the fuck out and i’ve been doing this for a min. This could be another reason as most people can’t even handle it. It seems like more of a growers favorite strain than regular consumers. I love chems but Sour D needs to be hybridized for most people. Gimmie some Chocolate Diesel any day. I have some right now and it is fucking amazing! Due to just the intensity of it, compared to say something more sublime like Blue Dream, it seems like it would go in that direction for the majority of consumers.

Intensity + lack of CBD + long flowering period + hybridization back into chems and other stuff.

Also just whatever shipments were coming through over time could change with the suppliers and then as mentioned, only the people who hold on will be able to continue it.

3 Likes

I don’t know man Sour Diesel has always been about the taste and that daytime high that makes you want to get up and do something. It’s never been the most potent weed but the quality of the high and that Sour taste is what it’s known for

4 Likes