Sour Diesel Thread

22 Likes

And a good starting point is presented

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure that he’s talking about Somas diesel. It really fits the bill with JH. If you take a look at the old pics you have of Super Skunk, I think it’s pretty obvious that it could be a part of the pedigree.

JH came with two phenos, one was a terpinolene monster and the other was Chai/Christmas spices. I don’t really see the terpinolene monster to fit, it would mean that if it actually was US diesel neville was talking about, it probably would be the spice mix pheno he was talking about, since diesel isn’t a terpinolene monster.

Also another thing is that if you listen to Notso, he thinks that Dogbud/91 is a nl5/h pheno which is inbred and applying NL plus skunk on top of that is very close to the silver haze/jack herer pedigree. So the resemblance wouldn’t be surprising.

Just stoner thoughts though…

Pz :v:t2:

13 Likes

this is a full lie…completely unrelated, even a blind guy could see the differance in structure, leaf, terpene, high… LOL when yu listen Nevil(rip) he made every strain on this fuking planet ^^

4 Likes

Sour Diesel clearly has 91 and MSS in it in my opinion. The mint u sometimes see/smell in the offspring of sour crosses comes from the MSS.

10 Likes

No doubt! The terpenoline pheno sucks imo. The Soma’s diesel link is a good catch tho!!

I’m also in full agreement here. Can lump tk and og into that lineage too.

8 Likes

Killer input. Just 1 thing, I thought Notso said the Chem 4 was the NL5 Haze looker? Cuz its got those wildass big spears. And 91 is some “dinosaur ghani” according to him. Cuz Ive grown a bit of both, and they really are worlds apart visually. 4 looks a lot more like the old Sour D we all had in Norcal. Very sativa looking with colas galore. Which would also confirm the theory theres some Nevil input in both of em with those big skunk1 lookin colas. Whereas 91 stuff always looks more like a traditional “kush” structure as I hear it called with lotsa bud sites but no so much big colas.

7 Likes

ive always agreed w this after growing the 91 and mss… in fact i always thought the sour d plant i got in upstate ny 20 years ago was in some ways more similar to the mss than the 91. Structure and smell in particular. However lots of 91 characteristics are obvious, like how sour has the darker fans of the 91, and the more earthy/fuel side of sour’s complex flavors. When cured the mss would just get more and more dieselish, which the sour also benefits from a nice cure and has turnt up 91 terps with that added skunkiness.

10 Likes

Yeah, he have said both. The nl5h one was more along the lines of “It wouldn’t surprise me if 91 actually is nl5haze…”. He says it on multiple occasions in early episodes of syndicate. Personally I kinda agree on the Afghani or even an old Pakistani. Also I was just trying to steelman nevilles diesel is JH argument, if he was talking about the US version of it.

Regarding the #4, yes it’s highly likely that it’s an 91’ x NL5 haze.

But if it’s not and 91, D and #4 are siblings, the #4s expression is a tell tell sign of the pedigree.

My personal guess is, to fill in the blanks of saying that Chem D is 91 x Shiva Shanti.

Pz :v:t2:

8 Likes

Yep, effects are important too but at the end of the day if it doesn’t taste like diesel, the mouth coating sour tang we all remember? I don’t care. I want that weed that makes me catch a taste/smell of it hours later and go oh yeahhh

7 Likes

Cocaine was so much fun back in the day.
Have you seen cocaine bear?

3 Likes

I haven’t but it does look funny, in the “Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter” way

2 Likes

Oh it’s so stupid but stupid hilarious.

3 Likes

Chem4 looks, smells, and smokes like nl5haze :100:%

The 91 doesn’t look ghani to me. It looks like TK. And both look a bit like silver pearl to me.

4 Likes

after growing giesel for the first time back in 2017 it became obvious (to me at least lol)

6 Likes

Granted, I’m no self proclaimed expert of all things weed.
They may look similar in photos, but I would have to disagree.
Silver Haze is very much a haze in growth characteristics, sweet Haze spicey terpenes and soaring near psychadelic high.

The closest thing I’ve grown to a chem 91 is some PHK Bx
(Purple Hindu Kush) from AKBB
Acrid thick and kushy type smoke, similar high, but without the Chem funk terpenes.

27 Likes

i very much doubt there is haze in the latter chems lol. haze always shows up in the progeny and nobody is finding haze types in chem4 crosses. the guy that has done the most work with chem4 is Shabud/707, he’d be the one to ask anyways.

11 Likes

I said TK/91 look like Silver Pearl, not Silver Haze. And i’m saying the Chem4 looks like a 91 x nl5haze cross of some kind. I’d have to disagree on the PHK. Every PHK clone or flower I’ve ever seen or had has always been mids at best and the high is nothing like any of the chem’s nor haze IMO. It’s much more indica. Like, 100% indica.

I haven’t tried AKBB’s version but he also doesn’t exactly have a clean track record for packing beans into the correct packs. I’ve already grown out 3 mislabeled packs from him that he confirmed were mislabeled after the fact. After I grew them and hit him up like wtf. I’ve seen at least 4 other people have the same experience.

6 Likes

Fat Riot’s Syndicate show is going down the same path as Adam Dunn’s show.

10 Likes

Weird, I could swear it said Silver Haze, my bad.

I would agree that it does have hybrid characteristics to Silver Pearl, even though I had never smoked it.

2 Likes