Sour Diesel Thread

The buds looks like classic sour d. I just popped one of your seeds yesterday since it looked so tasty in your photos. I would ignore that Albany nonsense. Sour D is an NYC strain that has a better chance of being found in Humboldt than Albany. Not sure where these storytellers came from. I smoked and bought and sold the real sour d mid 90s to 2004 in Brooklyn and Manhattan. I know it when I see it. And there were variations back then. It came from the delivery services usually and was an “organized” thing at that time. Don’t buy the storytelling.

4 Likes

Not really nonsense since most of the nyc people growing it we’re doing it in upstate ny. Hence the hunter cut also

4 Likes

It was at such a scale over the city there’s no way it’s from one cut. In the 90s cock(ed) diesel meant strong. Sour because it tasted sour. It was sold in masses through delivery services but originated out of the wetlands and limelight scene. It has nothing to do with one cut. It was slang for that type of weed not a strain. Was 440-500 an ounce and 50-60 for an 8th. The breeder is different than the people who sold it all over the city. By now it’s long gone.

Every sour diesel nowadays is something similar but not the same as what we had.

Also I suspect it’s really from Humboldt and related to train wreck not chem.

everyone selling weed or any drug in New York at that time were huge liars.

6 Likes

Trainwreck has a very unique smell that doesn’t remind me of sour at all.

Guys in ny may have been huge liars, but pretty sure it wasn’t just ny.

I was part of the “services “ in ny for a while.

5 Likes

I got sour d in Brooklyn, Bronx, Manhattan, and Long Island. I also smoked similar versions sometimes even better upstate. But back then if you sold sour in the city you would get tied up and robbed at home. And then you stopped selling it usually. That’s at least my experience with it. But it was energetic and great weed but a little heavy. I smoked it in the city for over a decade. It’s gone. It’s children live on though and I’ll grow them with nice memories.

6 Likes

Yep my buddy ended up tied up in his bathtub. Never stopped because at the end of the day it was the best shit around.

Those guys from the wetlands and limelight rented houses upstate.

4 Likes

Hahaha we stopped and sold cheaper weed. It was worth too much. Might as well sell coke at that point.

4 Likes

Haha close the thread me and @Emeraldgreen just clarified it. Good old days. Sour Dee baby!

4 Likes

I heard this reference for the first time a couple days ago in hunting a cut. I’ve no clue wtf it is lol
Relabeled after a nickname ? ECSD ? ECSD hybrid ?

1 Like

The wing wang cut was the winner of the first round of the sour d company in nyc a bit ago

3 Likes

Thx buddy. Damn the SD is definitively as complicated than french wines to remember all appellations ^^

4 Likes

Never used to be! :heart::heart::heart:

3 Likes

This definitely doesn’t look like quintessential Sour [visually] to me, I can’t agree.

8 Likes

This guy fucks.

In all seriousness, I agree 100% with @hoss8455, as that looks absolutely nothing like sour. I fucking hate this thread. Always rife with “knowledge”. Positive vibes…

~nugzz

10 Likes

Popping in to dump some photos that are NOT MINE.

I stumbled on these SD BX2 plants browsing insta- knew they’d be appreciated here. Absolutely stunning structure and you can tell they were grown optimally.

If these are even a shadow of what can be found in SD lines / I may have to make
Some room in my garden next rounds.

35 Likes

Wing Wang is a dude from Sour Family Farms. He lives in Vermont He bought a cut of AJ Sour 23 years ago but the cut genetically drifted from the original. He’s old like me. Not sure if he was part of the Albany crew or not. He goes by several names and is a private type person. We’ve talked a few times on IG.

13 Likes

These are supposed to be them
Sd in the cups c-91 in cloner

6 Likes

These are the mothers

6 Likes

Damn ok, thanks a bunch for the details. If I get the thing rightly :
SD AJ (grown) → drift → SD WW (never grown) → potentially SD Albany (never grown)
Rationally, it can explain why on photos i find the Albany looking like a worked AJ.

5 Likes

What do you mean never grown? Wing Wang grows it all the time and wins Sour d competitions in the NYC area. There is a huge Sour d resurgence happening in NYC/Brooklyn. White Rabbit is constantly posting flyers. They’re still big into Sour and Haze.

6 Likes