Sour Diesel Thread

Lol no, i mean i’ve “never grown” them.
I missed totally this (localized) competitive side of the SD history. It’s was contest totally dedicated to the SD ?

5 Likes

Sour D BX4 @MG_Canna popped in two days.

Let’s see what this one is all about.

Updated F2 White Rabbit

8 Likes

These are f2’s from White Rabbits release. He puts out some good work.

5 Likes

White rabbit is the company?
How long is the flower time on the wing wang?
@MG_Canna

5 Likes

As long as the AJ. Probably 11 or 12 weeks. He’s only on IG.

4 Likes

Now THAT’S what sour diesel is supposed to look like! Nice find @Soiltech :+1: :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Right, I really did think so. super impressive. Wonder if those specific SD bx2 are floating around. Wouldn’t mind a round or two with those stunners.

3 Likes

I’m glad I stumbled on this thread, I’ve got an AJ Sour Diesel donation cut arriving tomorrow from a good friend … is this good ? I haven’t had sour diesel in 15 years and the anticipation is killing me !

5 Likes

Not like it was back then. Should rename it schwizzle schwazzle and stop capitalize off the old the strain. Good morning Sour D thread.

2 Likes

Looks are there and even improved but high is muddied like everything else the internet nerds got their hands on. I’ll be filling my closets with Durban Frankenstein and dread bread. These photos not sour d.

5 Likes

I think I’m going to do a flower run of mostly AJ Sour D and Band aid haze together.

2 Likes

AJs is a bitch to grow from everything I’ve seen of friends grows.

7 Likes

Can’t wait to see how frustrated I get!

5 Likes

If you want to find something close to the old sour diesel there is the nyc freedom festival in crown heights Brooklyn coming up (not Albany or Alberturkey) you can find something similar there. Much closer than anything you’ll find online.

If you want something close to the old piff Washington heights haze ask Happy Munkey which is now a legal brand in New York. I can only advise on NYC genetics. Ignore the wannabee canal street versions.

I also use to smoke and “share” a lot of that old nyc weed. Now I like mostly landrace and special things.

6 Likes

Haha I can’t wait to struggle. I never do now a days. Having learned to grow with autoflowers and self taught I did every mistake in the book and extra

2 Likes

So where is your secret sour D ? :eyes:

1 Like

I’m realizing that I might have never had real Sour Diesel.

I remember smoking stuff called Sour Diesel in the mid-2000s somewhere near the west coast. It had a bright, sour lemon, chemical taste but I think it must have been some kind of OG Kush because the buds did not have the big knobby structure that I see in some of these posts.

5 Likes

A bunch of SD grower refer to this as “well dialed SD”, under various tricks or “know how” that sometimes are contradictory ^^

The thing to know in your case is that the cut(s) don’t start directly with this ridiculous calibration of flowers, it come on the second part of the flowering stage. Harvesting before the peak of the potency is not only an habit of this era, maybe you got a true SD but that was harvested too early too.

4 Likes

Are you saying sour D cuts need to be harvested earlier than typical or later?

2 Likes

I’m more saying that it’s better to cut at the peak of the potency, whatever is the cut or the strain.

Better too much than not enough on SD threads ^^ : a SD cut harvested too early (hay stage) can lure you on the authenticity because the “normal calibration” of the flowers and the watered down terps, depend on habit and taste but it’s generally between 70 and 80. If the bud is well matured (kick well and good terp level) but doesn’t look ridiculously like pop corn, there is a chance you’re in front of an ECSD or an ECSD hybrid.

4 Likes