Sour Diesel Thread

Gotcha, thanks for clarifying.

2 Likes

What do you have against Albany? You have a lot of opinions, but no actual data.

1 Like

@tresbundles Nothing against Albany. I grew up going there often and have family and friends near there. I also smoked the weed from up there for 30 years. It was often really good and better than in the city. I just know that story isn’t exactly true regarding Sour D and is marketing. I like upstate New York and the people from there. For me I guess, I get cranky since I saw Sour D come and go back from mid 90’s-early 2000’s sorry if it came off as a know it all. Just always touches a nerve lol. It isn’t the same, but is still a cool plant and I have two different versions going at the moment and am sure it will be good.

On another note, I noticed that AJ sour D is going for $300 an ounce and 50 an 1/8th in the city at dispensaries. Interesting. Has anyone smoked the dispensary version?

5 Likes

there is no secret one… it’s gone a long time ago like around 2005. Sorry for the slow reply, I just got off this thread since it annoys me and didn’t want to annoy everyone. I think people should post sour d photos and stop discussing true lineage since it’s not a landrace, but whatever each to their own.

3 Likes

Yeah, after seeing a bunch of these cuts grown out and hearing about them, and getting a few of them myself… This is where I’m leaning. The real deal from < 2005 is gone, and that is about around the last time I saw it.

4 Likes

I am getting close to having a big Sour D party here. I have ECSD, Skunktek and just got Notsodog. I have yet to DNA test anything by MyFloraDNA. Of course, by that, I only mean fingerprinting and not full genome.

Edit: I just got off the telephone with Angel, the founder of MyFloraDNA. He said that if I send him leaf samples not only will he tell me if the plants are the same but he will verify if they match up against any other cultivars in their library.

31 Likes

That’s awesome. Be very cool to see the results.

6 Likes

I’ll send you samples of original diesel if you want to get that in the mix on the genome side :smiley:

8 Likes

Anyone heard about a Chaco cut ecsd? Is it one of the originals or a offspring?

1 Like

It’s the same as one of the other ECSD, both if you buy the genetic drift argument from JJ. Chaco got it from Rez iirc

2 Likes

Rip @Shamus. I still come back to this thread for the insight you’ve left here. Pouring out an Olde English for you!

14 Likes

I’m sorry to hear about your loss. Rest easy @Shamus.

3 Likes

Sour d and chem dawg 91 supposed to be from Grateful Dead concert clones

15 Likes

Holy shit HA that is an amazing drive :ok_hand:

5 Likes

Yeah it’s been some years in the making. Glad I could help :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Would any of you Sour Diesel peeps ever consider buying a Notsodog Diesel cut for $600.

Verifiable source, provenance, yada yada.

5 Likes

I wouldn’t. I would however pitch in as part of a group for a cut.

8 Likes

wouldn’t mind going in on a group buy also.

3 Likes

I’m down w/ @Mrgreenthumb as well

2 Likes

How much do you all want contribute @GCBudz and @LunarLeaf

1 Like