Sour Diesel Thread

Yeah that’s what these dudes with these 13 different sour clones they’re trying to push keep saying. I had sour diesel off the streets back in the day from Illinois to the Carolina’s. It was the same mouth coating sour every time. Highly doubt everyone had it just dialed in perfect every time…

10 Likes

I just know my experience. If the temperature was above 80 it sucked! I’d only grow it fall and winter

4 Likes

Top Dawg BX4

Karma Sowahh

90s Superskunk logs

Can’t find anything DNL.

15 Likes

Below 80 I can understand, most things going above 80, especially with LEDs, generally not gonna turn out the best. But below 70/74 for flower? In the age of 1000w Gavitas before LED’s even existed?

7 Likes

Not being a sour grower, but having a few HID grows under my belt, over 80 in the shade and the temperature
2 feet under the hood is like 100, I could see the potential to let any sativa influences, express themselves.
Like pure survival mode.

So I hear, the key to a successful Sour harvest, is to let them go the full race, just like so many of the elites that hardly ever get to express themselves.
Let them go 12 maybe 14 weeks.

5 Likes

My old partner price has been doubled. I just paid $95/EA but I had to re-sign an new agreement for $210. Still a steal for what they do. Ironically my price for HPLVD testing dropped

5 Likes

Im curious what you all think of this plant? Im honestly curious if she looks like Sour D. She sure did taste a bit like the sour I’ve had.
I grew it in 2021 and kept her around about 6 months until she dudded out like the rest of my plants.

21 Likes

it definitely has that sour d look to it but i’m no expert. based on your posts that is a common bud structure for plants you’ve grown ( big ass buds), but still says sour d. unless it’s a chem dog or something like that.

4 Likes

Thanks its Rubber City by Pipsweed.
Sensi Star x Sour Diesel, his take on Deathstar.
The pic was week 11 and she was eating herself up.

I typically run 10 on 14 off so she would have ran an additional week or 2 under 12/12

7 Likes

My personal room wasn’t dialed in enough to control the temperature from April through October.
My buddy had ductwork for the lights and massive ac. Middle of July and temps didn’t go over 75 lights on and down to low 60s lights off

2 Likes

Yeah that’s more what I’m used to seeing from Sour over the last couple decades. Not these smaller OG looking nuggets claiming to be sour :see_no_evil:

HLVD?

Yeah I try to maintain no warmer than 78 degrees but it depends. For sure never over 84 with additional co2.

3 Likes

He’d be super uptight with 84f.

3 Likes

I never got them tested, but I’m :100: that’s what it was.
It came to me in a cut of Fatso from First Class Genetics off the gram in early 2020.
I shut down for about 2 years after discarding everything, but my lights and seed packs.

4 Likes

Yeah that sucks. Definitely been there a couple times myself, tossing all the plants and uncleanable equipment, bleaching the whole room and equipment left, and starting over.

5 Likes

Not liking any of that. Lost my library to hpld

4 Likes

that’s me right now… had to go full nuclear over here and killed everything for a full reset.
Sometimes it just has to be done

5 Likes

Irene is supposedly an extremely gassy bagseed selection of LA Kush shipped to Atlanta back in the day, I could see straight gas and Ghash nastiness combining into a hashy funkfest with a lot of characteristics of SD

OP this is referring to here is Caleb/Nspecta from CSI Humboldt:

5 Likes

:thinking: Was pretty sure Rudeboi aka Growhard found the Irene and named it so himself. Not that it was already named Irene when he got the bag to begin with :thinking: Also pretty sure the prevailing thought right now is Irene is an S1 of Bubba Kush, not LA Kush.

That’s why Archive’s Rudeboi OG is Irene x Face Off OG BX1

5 Likes

Yea they get into that right away in the thread, haven’t read through yet to find out if they come to any consensus:

2 Likes

good read in info ! yea just like this __ original breeder of White Truffle is Fresh Coast I believe thought it was BeLeaf because they ran white truffle strains . Another one is Permanent Marker thought Lit Farms is the original breeder. and the true breeders of Sage. Sour Sage, ect very old genetics by TH Seeds. and in 30 years the “lines” have been worked out. Thoughts

2 Likes