Sour Diesel Thread

I called MFD today to find out wtf is going on. Apparently, they wait until they have 24 samples to fill a plate but this is silly. It has been 6 weeks so I asked Angel to give me a call.

On a couple of other notes, someone just told me that Bloomington Headband is actually one of the diesels. I just grew her out and took her to 77 days. Fat, fat tops. Here are a couple of harvest pics. I will put some up of the finished flower.

Finally, I chatted recently with a buddy who is a big breeder out here (nameless for now). He’s giving me the Covelo cut.

It is almost time to do a big SD run and do these all side by side!

41 Likes

That middle box is Sour Diesel x Pineapple Express.

L to R: Pineapple Chunk, Mandarin Cookies x Lilac Diesel, Sour Diesel, Gmo x Purple sweetz & mixed nutz, jr mint blueberry cucpake mac1. all Pineapple Express crosses. looks like some jr mint x mac1 herm’d on a couple. those jagged leaves.

This is my outdoor grow this year… high of 55 today… yeahhhh… just getting them acclimated for the garden.

9 Likes

super diesel leaf.

8 Likes

Headbands are the best diesels(in seed) Ive found by far. But you didnt hear it from me lol. That Notsodog Headband in crosses has the magic. But Im not sure if its the same you mentioned. Playing with headbands, Ive found at least 3. Ones basically an OG, the one Lucky Dog/Bodhi use is diesel-y, but I find the effects to be not the best, and I suspect its some offspring of the originial Headband. I’ve also heard Notso and The Bro say the original Diesel/Daywrecker are the same as what Im calling Notsodogs headband. Which is straight up amazing lol. But the only seeds Ive seen of it on the market so far are from High & Lonesome and CSI Humboldt.

14 Likes

good deal, i have a few.

HEADBAND
HEADBAND {707} * GREEN CRACK
HEADBAND {707} * OG KUSH
HEADBAND {707} * SHARKS BREATH
HEADBAND {BC}
HEADBAND {BC1}
HEADBAND {BC1}
HEADBAND {BX1 LOOMP’S} * DOUBLE PURPLE DOJO {F1}
HEADBAND {BX1} * BUBBA KUSH {PRE 98}
HEADBAND {BX1} * CHEM {91}
HEADBAND {BX1/F2}
HEADBAND {BX1/F2}
HEADBAND {LOOMPA’S}
HEADBAND * HERIJUANA OG
HEADBAND * HERO OG
HEADBAND * LONG BOTTOM LEAF {F1}
HEADBAND * MONKEY BALLS
HEADBAND * MYSTERY MALE {F1}
HEADBAND * SUNSHINE DAYDREAM
HEADBAND * TRE KUSH {F1}
HEADBANGER * GORILLA BUBBLE BC5

could be some killers in there me thinks …

29 Likes

6 weeks seems like a long time, but I don’t know anything about anything. Thank you again for doing this!

I have only held the Bloomington Headband for a year or so, but I really enjoy her. You have her looking spectacular! Positive vibes…

~nugzz

26 Likes

Those look great @SCJedi
Big fat calyxes are so sexy! :+1::grin::+1:

9 Likes

It’s wild that there are so many named cuts of the same strain back when I got a box from jb in Santa Rosa half these named cuts weren’t even around. I love some sour but the truth is there are so things in the sour Chem family that are better a producing the traits we are looking for.

4 Likes

Anyone grown out the weasel cut if so how did you like it? I have her up to bat next round.

Turbo diesel randomtask cut 61 days

27 Likes

AJ’s Sour D Day 63.

35 Likes

I’m planning the same thing this fall! After running Cloney sour cut for the last few years I want to try some others. It will be:
Notso’s, Jay Plantspeaker, rarebuyers, a Karma bx2. have that Bloomington headband too and since you’re saying it’s a diesel type, might as well run her out too. Very excited for fall!!

13 Likes

I didn’t grow these to completion but the Weasel Diesel looked like a much better cut than the newer AJ’s or the Albany cuts. Looked much more ‘the part’ than the other two imo.

10 Likes

I’ve personally a little love for the Albany somehow. A canonical one, each time i see buds and entire plants it’s how i’m imagining a stabilized SD s model. Not a theory of any form, just sharing the feel.

9 Likes

I know a few guys that say the Albany cut is IT but idk

5 Likes

After over a year of intensive hunt, checking everything at all stages and all … i’ve made my own conclusion of the actual zeitgeist. Just ignore the next portion if you’re fascinated by ONE cut (like i am too). Damn, no code for spoiler sorry ^^ I will not name cuts then lol

Everybody “have the original” by defaut (it’s not a statement). The more crazy is that for some cuts it’s just impossible to debunk. Behind the unnecessary storytelling, the truth actually lol

So i consider that in the galaxy of the SD, it exist a spectrum of real “genuine cuts” that, for a reason i’m actually trying to prove to myself, is almost entirely due to constant epigenetics factors and maintenance type. Technically i don’t believe it yet, but unfortunately it’s now the only rational option for me. The SD is very hard to work, many have lost teeth at it, and we still waiting a true stabilized seed form. So at this level of accuracy of breeding, i don’t believe one second to an outcross with the cuts i’m talking about.

Then, on the other side of the river : the ECSD. That i don’t consider at all as a sub-genetic product one second, but truly on its own, with its own galaxy.

I listen TC theories too, but from people totally unaware on how you can “revive” a cut technically. they think it’s a magical spell that rebuild DNA lol, in fact it’s a just an asexual hybridation. a F1. Needless to say how i take seriously this option lol, but … i stay on my guard. Momentum on TC start to be something, technically it’s already possible to pilot fully breeding plans with TC. Practical skill in breeding with parallel mapping of nurseries is just a matter of time and not a fancy theory for me (i’m not talking about all these morons providing some canadian labs in “properties” like amibes, but true breeding).

Oh fuck i digressed on a SD thread ^^

14 Likes

Wonder how much the 96 sour fits in to all of this.
I’m also curious about how different the same cut comes out under hps and led.

4 Likes

I thought the weasel and Albany cut were the same cut or at least from the same crew? But honestly i haven’t really looked much into any of the sour cuts as long as its sour, tastes good and makes me clean my house i know I’m on the right track lol.

9 Likes

Weasel’s cut isn’t sour it’s original diesel and there are two different cuts afaik. Think #2 and #5 :thinking:

Weasel is in NY tho.

Albany sour diesel is sour diesel.

Is it the same mouth coating sour from back in the day? :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

I will say this sour Chem from schmarm is pretty awesome cant tell If its more sour or Chem dom but she definitely has a nice sour profile in her smoke. I’m taking her 77-84 this round so hopefully the sour really shines through.

8 Likes

I was at a medical dispensary in NYC today (of all places) and the nice guy working there is mentioning to me how come there’s no real diesel around like the old days. They keep calling it diesel but it’s not. He said. I didn’t get into it. You know me. I do wonder what the best sour is nowadays. Is it all the karma stuff or the Stoney which looks beautiful or to be honest the Albany while is different then the original, but maybe closer to the original than anything else. Im smoking Kilimanjaro today that shit is pretty good even for dispensary weed. I want some seeds of it. Makes me happy. Anyone have photos of the Albany or Stoney going now?

6 Likes