Sour Diesel Thread

Haha, I meant more in terms of the data they present. For example they clearly state if something is the same clone or not. And I d love to know how reliable that is.

3 Likes

I’ve got 2 growing from the coop outside now. One of them I removed from the tent early and set aside outside, convinced it was a boy…but it’s a girl…over 7’ tall already. The other one is about 5’ tall… I’ll get a pic later

2 Likes

As I said, these companies are doing bare minimum atm. From a cynical viewpoint, you could argue that they are selling dreams, but I actually think they are trying their best with the information they got and the tools they got. The cannabis genome have only been studied for a few years and are not “mainstream” enough to get real heavy funding. The information about the cannabis dna that these labs have to use is miniscule compared to other plant genomes.

Pz :v:t2:

5 Likes

Yeah. the NASC sour diesel won’t turn purple. no matter how much UV (A & B) light I hit that thing with.

2 Likes

@LonelyOC Thanks for the in depth rationalization buddy, it clear a lot the water.

Just for the info, the SD turn purple in two reliable cases :

• At first when you blast her with lights at high density in veg, mostly on stems. It’s high sugar marks that you can check with a brix meter.
  • And later, when senescence is close by hues in leaves and eventually there in there in flowers. This patch work is less active with the ECSD, but quite present in the progeny of the ECSD (like i pictures in the post #1533)

Like this, but the presence in the buds is more linked with the Blueberry hybrid used in this cross. Much less pronounced on the SD. More “patchworked” in colors ;o)

9 Likes

Yeah. I guess the real SD does. that NASC stuff wouldn’t. that’s the yellow/green one in the middle. This was at the end of my winter grow. everything’s all finishing out, getting chopped & moved around. Just another trait I noticed.

6 Likes

So, tempted to join the SD gang-cultists afterward ? ^^

6 Likes

Join join :rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Don’t tell him about the secret initiation and that a SD 100% dialed have to be feeded with blood of goats sacrified under full moon ^^

8 Likes

Well. Yeah. Evo10 light gets here tomorrow. and we have a goat farm up the road.

2 Likes

Shhhh :rofl::rofl::rofl: they have to sign in blood before they get the secrets!!

4 Likes

Sour Diesel is purple now too? Weird.

5 Likes

Yes I never seen SD purple maybe I’m wrong but I have a cut now from bdsc so we’ll see

3 Likes

Real SD will never purp. Those are just a bunch of fakes or outcrosses.

12 Likes

I’ve never seen Sour Diesel turn purple. I’ve never tried to add color with cold temps. Sour Diesel has a specific look. It’s unmistakable. Here’s another Destiny x Sowahh .

22 Likes

SD always produced hues under enough lights, but not purple-purple like a purple urkle or a blackberry. With ECSD it’s latent and more shown in the progeny, even if you blast her with 1Kw+/sqm.

2 Likes

I was running it in deps where the temps would go under 40. I had tons of dark purples, but 0 on Sour. As I said, sounds like fakes or outcrosses.

7 Likes

So many if the sour cuts pwople are posting dont resemble the very distinctive looking sours i saw on the forums previously. Where are all the little leaves that are a trimmers nightmare?

3 Likes

SD a leafy bud ? You’re sure you don’t mix with some chems ?

Yup exactly!! I see many many people posting clear fakes as the “real deal”, but have clearly never had it, let alone cropped it. You haven’t had the true Sour D growing experience until youre arguing with trimmers about it lol. But hey, its 2024, everyones an expert now😂

3 Likes