Sour Diesel Thread

10 Likes

I’m in the same boat as you on it. What is your take on Notso saying theyre all different? Acclimation to different climates over long periods of time? Maybe people renaming bagseeds? Love to hear your take on it!

2 Likes

Sure what it looks/sounds like… And im pretty damn positive ECSD is not that mouth coating sour from back in the day.

I always heard the real deal was that first AJ cut but :man_shrugging: wouldn’t be surprised if the real deal is just gone.

2 Likes

Interesting, you two friends?

So you think skunktek and notsodog were both BS’ing when they said they’re different cuts when they did side by sides?

Considering Notso sold those ‘Sour’ cuts for $500 a piece, i’m gonna say, yes :joy:

2 Likes

That the skunktek and notso are different when compared to each other? Not a clue. I grew the skunktek for a bit and that’s what I had heard from I think FJ that it was stney’s old “pre chaco ecsd”.

3 Likes

Ahhhh, got you. Supposedly skuntek has stoney and Notsos sours.

You dropped it?

Yeah I couldn’t replicate it to the level I want from Sour. Made seeds with it and dropped it after 6 or so runs.

Would like to check out the Bloomington HB next.

2 Likes

I heard that farmerjoes Headband cut is the bloomington. Do you know if thats true or not?

2 Likes

LA Kush aka
Notsodog Headband aka
one parent of Mendlbrot 707 Headband aka
“Sold as Sour for years”- Notsodog
9 1/2 weeks

Farmer Joe “Bloomington Headband”

Hapi Joy

19 Likes

Is LA Kush the same as LA Pure Kush?

2 Likes

two different plant, in my experience

6 Likes

Cool thanks for that. I’m flowering her out right now for the first time.

3 Likes

Yeah it’s the climate.

If climate is French for nutrition profile.

Claiming headband and SD are the same is just silly tho.

5 Likes

Here are more degradation pathway examples.

!) !picture31674749952477

6 Likes

I knew so many people growing it in the Bay Area/Santa Cruz. From DWC warehouse under Gavitas to organic dep greenies to full terms in massive pots. And it always came out basically the same. Only difference would be if it got too hot and itd lose a lot of flavor and would foxtail to hell.

HB and Sour D are for sure different. The prevailing theory is Diesel 1 is also Headband. As well as a parent of some kind to Sour Diesel. But the headband I knew growing up in the bay is 100% the Notso cut they call now. I tried some of those HB x Chem91 from CSI and there was a dead ringer to what I remember.

I think there might be confusion of Notso saying HB sold as Sour. Which is just how the market was in the day. If you had anything gassy it became Sour cuz thats the name that was moving for brokers. I used to have a SHIRE cut that was a Diesel cross of some kind. And it sold as Sour D, GG4, and others. People get too hung up on names, when the standard practice forever was grow whatever worked in your spot, and let the brokers rename it to whatever is hyped.

14 Likes

yeah i think so

2 Likes

Oh my. It’s getting steamy with all these science graphs :heart_on_fire:

6 Likes