Sour Diesel Thread

God, I love how sour gets everyone’s motor running. What a plant. I perceived it as a raunchy gas and a tinge of lemon on the exhale. The most delicious weed you’ll ever smoke. Mouthwatering.

I’m so excited to see what this notso does!

24 Likes

The real deal Diesel sure is 1 of the best , and not so easy to find the real deal after all these years.

There are many named Sour Diesel clones in this day , many very similar, a few quite different.

Also now many seed companies offer Diesel seeds so its even harder to find the Original, but to me i just want the loudest most potent Diesel, i dont care from who its from , im just looking for the best Diesel there is.

There is a Diesel smoke up/cup in :us: these days ( was last year i think)and that will be the place to find/show the best Diesel we have.

See you there next year if you got the best or 1 of the best Diesel strains you ever tried

9 Likes

Honestly i have the most simple ghetto setup ever lol. Literally i use ol recycled ffof soil and tap water with a cheap chinese led…thats my whole setup. Dont ph my water,dont really feed, nothing but sink water. All i do is feed epsom salt every couple waterings. Ive never had any problems, ya i dont get amazing yields but its all for me anyway. Checky my diaries out…it actually works. Less is more

9 Likes

Half assed Pic of AJ’s Sour D at day 39.

23 Likes

Those look nice and healthy. You getting any smell yet? Are all those sour d?

1 Like

Just the front one. She’s got a nice diesel smell to her. She one of our favorites

4 Likes

Nice, sour d is always a favorite hard to beat that skunky smell. Looks like you got it packed in there man, should be a nice harvest.

1 Like

I grow in cat litter buckets with maxigrow. I feel like HA is a maxi grower too.

I’m not going to yuck anyone’s yum. If they like fancy grows I’ll watch that grow, too. But recycled buckets with $20 nutes does me pretty well

17 Likes

Yep, I’ve done tried all the major nutrient brands… have a bunch on the shelf’s still too but the Solution-Grade Gypsum + Maxibloom has been the easiest/cheapest for me, while giving me the best quality I’ve been able to achieve so far.

13 Likes

I wonder if bacteria might be responsible for all those funky smells and the over use of CO2 could be causing issues with the some of this process?

2 Likes

Sounds like a bunch of warehouse growers I knew in central cali lol. Maxibloom was like a religion to those dudes😂. Made real nice buds though!

4 Likes

I’ve been using cheap stuff like this for many of my plants and it works quite well.

8 Likes

Im suprised noone is using Maxsea for Sour D grows! That was the old outdoor/greenhouse secret weapon. Ive seen entire hills of 1000s of Sour D plants all ran on Maxsea, it was wild. I remember one badass grower told me one time “this is the only shit that works to get those rank smells” lol

5 Likes

I’m listening.

I’ve tried Jack’s, advanced and GH trio, too. I’m thinking about gypsum as the Calmag makes maxi do strange stuff.

I might try bud blaster one day.

I am VERY interested in rank smells. I live in BFnowhere so the only person I irritate with my smells is my mother when she visits.

And evidently the space station :joy: I was trimming a Durban last night and my spouse said the space station called to complain about the smell.

11 Likes

Ive seen people do well growing Sour D with a bunch of nutes, but seems like the “synganic” nutes like Maxsea really help them pop. I honestly used to run it all organic, and it loved it. But ironically the dude I got it from ran it as massive plants in DWC under gavitas in warehouses with a homemade salt blend and killed it.

Honestly back then, the conversation was how to keep the environment cool vs what nutes we were using. That seemed to be the main thing that caused issues. Also why we were all growing it on the coast, indoor or out. Basically, if we didn’t piss it off, it would do the rest lol

8 Likes

@BackyardBoogie420 Thought I’d report back- had some AJ SD and it was nice, with a great punch, nasty old school smell I digged it. Would I grow it again…no. lol

Need to try another Sour Diesel though- which one should be next ?

6 Likes

Just picked up a sour diesel clone that’s been around the Bay Area for many years , no idea which cut but will post updates as she grows

10 Likes

If it’s the one I got and grew in the bay, its the same as the Notsodog cut. Youll know its the real deal if it jumps 4x in flower lol. Whered you get it?

Ive been all about that Giesel life lately.

2 Likes

If you want to mimic old grow methods. Chemdogs Old grow tech.

9 Likes

Finally!! I keep saying it’s all about cool/cold temperatures

6 Likes