Sour Diesel Thread

She’s all astringent diesel. No sweetness. She may not look EXACTLY like what she was back in the day. But she smokes proper.

3 Likes

Here’s my ECSD x Chem 91 Bx3 by SkunkVA and she reminds me exactly of what ECSD was with that sweeter tasting sour

29 Likes

Looks great but sweeter tasting sour ? , Sour Diesel sweet ? , never

Unless you mean sweet as in wall pentrating Funk , but sweet , really ?

Lemon , candy , sweet , some strange terps in the Sour Diesel, we defo had a different cuts

1 Like

Calling what that ,you seem to be confused in your statement or your statement is confusing but sour d is sour d and what is not sour d should not be called that in any way.

7 Likes

That’s what I always think when I read the smoke description but also when I see the pictures. However my TopDawg BC3F4 girls looks strikingly similar.

2 Likes

A little bit of ECSD X NEVIILLE HAZE (cross made by Chaco)

28 Likes

hey what’s up , sorry to jump into a old post but I think we should chat because I am in the middle of a nice karma sowah breeding project, If you shoot me a DM I can send u some pics or vids, I got a really nice male and everything was pollinated on the 1st.
Dubb

3 Likes

The kind of hybrid i was frustrated to don’t spread a dozen years ago. C91 wasn’t reviving yet. Nice shot. But (imho), way too heavy feeding buddy. It’s not a SD base … and the C91 isn’t specially an hungry bitch.

That’s accurately what i call an obvious ECSD direct hybrid ^^ “by Chaco” or not, i trust no one on the SD/ECSD subject even the prime holders themselves :joy: I wasn’t thinking the ECSD able to whip a NH. Nice share.

7 Likes

Eh, we all preceive things differently. Some batches it was more apparent. My suspicion is pick time.

2 Likes

AJ’s Sour Diesel day 44 in 2 gal of coco.

17 Likes

I try not to get into it for reasons that need no explanation. There were a few different versions from my experience back in the early 2000s. Nothing wrong with a quality smoking sour in my opinion sweet, sour, diesel, funky, skunky, etc whatever. If it came to me as sour I don’t question it lmao

4 Likes

Mothers rescued from neglect under LED
Deep trim time ( not for the squeamish, lol)
taking clones few days away
Left side-Original (sour) Diesel- Soprano Cloney (clean cut)
Right side- “Staten Island” Gabby- Diesel (sour)
Hapi joy

After

24 Likes

Katsu 50% off the entire Sour D line til tomorrow.

https://katsuseeds.com/shop/?product_tag_0=sour-diesel-line&wpf_fbv=1

9 Likes

So the sour d from haze is claimed to be the Chaco cut and the one at elemental is just listed as coming from a old grower in NorCal , maybe the notso cut but I wouldn’t have a way to know. Do the two you have apear different or the same so far ?
Is Chaco and notso the same or different , so many sours and seed lines out out over the years does anybody know lol
My experience with sour diesel is limited ,
I got a bag of sour diesel from a club in Sacramento around 2002 it was absolute dank , the. We saw ecsd and nycd clones at the clubs , neither grew the same weed as what I had purchased, the ecsd was close back lacked the complexity of terpenes and grew smaller weaker looking nugs.
I never saw that original sour diesel I purchased again but the Albany cut looks similar in pictures.

5 Likes

Thought there was a test or something earlier in the thread that said notso’s and chaco were both the same :thinking:

Yeah here it is:

I can’t find chunkypigs original post saying it tho, but both supposed to be ECSD renames.

Edit: oh and this one

Scjedi’s dna test said notso, skunktek, and original diesel are all rez ECSD or they’re all original diesel… idk. But they’re the same.

6 Likes

DNA is complicated but I don’t believe that means they are identical but come from the same distinct line , complete genome mapping is expensive and slow.
Has anybody here grown these cuts side by side , I see various comparisons online and a lot of disagreement as usual lol

4 Likes

If its the notso, it should jump like 4x in flower and make hilariously long colas. Im 98% sure thats the one I got from dudes that had it since the late 90s. Seems like the one Gaby on breeders direct seed co is the same as well. Its such a distinct plant.

From what notso himself says, the Chaco is not the same one. But Ive never seen it in bay area dispos either lol. TBH any really good Sour D grown around there was usually sold to the east coast brokers for top dollar. The bay dispos buyers were cheapasses.

2 Likes

“the Notso sour finishes just like the ECSD I used to carry up through Chaco’s bulkhead in better times now long past.”
ChunkyPigs

2 Likes

I bet.
They look pretty similar but the one from Haze at first looked more short and stout and the cut from elemental looked longer and more Sativa looking but they were still small…I started them wayyy to late to see the real potential this year

7 Likes

Not sure if there is anyone here that checked out phylos bioscience

51 cuts of sd have been entered. Thats alot.

Its not the most optimal platform right now but the more entrees means the more tracking and linages get connected

1 Like