STS Mixing questions

You’re not missing anything. The math checks out bro

2 Likes

weights of the chems to mix 1 liter final volume. That’s actually the smallest volume you can make using a mg scale.

.05 g silver nitrate, mixed in 50 ml distilled water- part A. .39 g sodium thiosulfate pentahydrate mixed in 50 ml distilled water- part B (Note- If you use anhydrous thiosulfate, you will need to do your own math.)

Whisk A and B together quickly for about 30 seconds. Add 900 ml of distilled water to reach the final 1L volume - I use 600ml here.

2 Likes

Oh thank god I was starting to think I was crazier than normal or I suddenly got dumb or something lol

2 Likes

@HolyAngel thanks for confirming @Ace71975 idea!

@Ace71975 I’m SERIOUSLY BAD AT MATH so I wasn’t confident to confirm your idea as correct although it felt right every-time I was reading it which is why I was primarily paraphrasing what I know works in hopes that someone better at numbers (like HolyAngel) would chime in for all of us :sweat_smile: .

My sis is the academic while I’m the practical. I actually messaged her to double check but she didn’t get back to me yet. We share our strengths so I message her with stuff like this to triple check for me all the time… however my skill set means that when she needs me I’m physically heading over to her place to do what i do :rofl:

4 Likes

Hey I wasnt sure either, HS Science has been a LONG LONG time ago lol.

1 Like

@Pigeonman @HolyAngel or anyone else, have you ever had success getting any female pollen in the past to collect some for later use?

3 Likes

yes… @blendmedmedman

2 Likes

@blendmedmedman yep but on less plants than I’d had expected. This is why i’m always sacrificing a full plant to stay right next to the to be seeded plants. Usually I take the female, litterally pick it up and wipe it all over the “male” like it was toilet paper to a dirty ass.

The Hubbabubbasmelloscope reversal showed little to no pollen drop but it was there enough with the BDSM approach to make a lot of seeds :smiley:

4 Likes

I am reversing one Whole plant to collect Pollen to fertilize a second Whole plant. Hopefully I get a decent amount of Pollen AND seeds.

2 Likes

So, I have now taped the crap outta my spray bottle, and one of my 3 jars so far, workin on the second jar now, making sure they are light proof. Not the fun part of the hobby lol

1 Like

Easier to go to the wally world discount store and buy small cheap generic brown peroxide bottles, they even have a small brown spray bottle for topical applcations… Think I paid $1 a piece…

1 Like

Well, its too late for that now, I have 3 things done, and only one to go lol

1 Like

So I went Foil, Duck Tape,Foil Tape, and Electric tape, aint no damn light gettin in lol

1 Like

Aint no damn light getting through! I am also going to put a piece of Tin Foil over the tops of the jars when I store them in the fridge just to be sure its 100% Light Proof! Over kill? Maybe, but not taking any chances lol

5 Likes

Ok so spray every three days, for how long? How many treatments? Just so you know this is an Auto flower Fem that has just started showing her sex.

1 Like

I go every 3 days for usually 3 weeks or untill i c balls

2 Likes

Would that be the same on Autos? I somewhere someone said 1 treatment total and done, dont know if that was STS or something else tho.

1 Like

For me its the same autos or photo. The timing is what changes.

Autos i spray from 1st teve leaves for 3 weeks. At the end of those 3 weeks is when i start the plants i want to pollenate.

1 Like

well this auto sprouted 1/4 and was sprayed with CS until 4 days ago and its still showing female sex so I did the first spray of STS today.

1 Like