stock is from 91’-92’
Collected in Hawaii and MI

This is a male I suspect is of HI origin
Smells crazy tropical
gonna be really fun to play with
Will definitely knock some PK up I suppose when it comes time
Collecting most of it for long term storage

14 Likes

I’ll have to check if my friend hit me back yet but we’ll know precisely what it is soon enough

that’s a super fucking stab in the dark (haha) saying it looks like this or that, I feel like most one could say is it looks like an OG.

But not even all OG look like that outdoors
I’m just guessing because it’s a kush and is only rocking 5 blades. If it was a broad leaf it’d be a Christmas tree full of dinner plate sized er bigger 9 to 11 finger leaves

you saying joshD? I believe like 8% of his story lol

But now knowing who the friends homies stepdad in question is there’s a good chance it’s actually the 56 day headband I spoke of

Which is cool because there’s very little documentation on this plant online that I know of

For being one of (if not THE) tracebly oldest OG PK’s I’m aware of I just only heard about it like a year ago

3 Likes

OG’s don’t grow the same outdoors as they do indoors Generally
Much more sturdy and stocky

idk if that was your frame of ref but worth noting while we’re on the subject for others to know

5 Likes

This one grows like that inside or out , smaller buds indoors of course but same non lanky structure, I have posted many pics on here on the og kush threads, but will again if anybody is curious. Also much less stretch then say topanga or ghost, very pronounced zig zag pattern to the new growth. Puts of rank smells of dog poop while in flower but tastes and smells like kush heaven when done, no lemon or pine at all to her just skunky hippy smelling dank candy goodness. The lemon pine skunk on a floppy structure is the ghost if it comes from orgnkid but it often finishes with no lemon or pine notes realy depends on when she is cut and how she is grown , darkhearts ghost that most have grows a similar plant but instead of sour skunk was with the lemon and or lime it’s a odd milk chocolate undertone.

6 Likes

Looks familiar, after making a few fgens with boel hawaiian

1 Like

Well that makes me feel better about my guess

Germination rates were excellent for being 30 year old beans, seeds stored in film canisters never cease to surprise me.

3 Likes

I’ve ran orgnkids ghost (I would think that’s the only ghost there isn’t two) as ghost was actually from MI so I wanted to check it out

It’s not the best yielding OG but is def a fantastic cut

It was always a pretty standard OG frame and terp for me, can’t speak to the poop or chocolate

2 Likes

It’s the first kush cut that arrived in LA

2 Likes

So cool news

I’ll be snagging some banana OG beans from orgnkids original release to pop

since we’re on the subject of orgnkid seems relevant

5 Likes

Nice!

Crazy how Riot was selling S2’s for like 500 a piece

2 Likes

I have a lot of words I’d used to describe riot not many of them are very nice lol.

I am stoked on the banana og beans tho

It’s like getting to participate in a drop that was a bit before my time growing

at least as of a decade ago I knew of about 2 or 3 different phenos still kicking around on the banana og but it’ll be cool to see what else the line has to offer.

Definitely will knock up whatever OG’s I have around at the time just as they’re likely a good start to in house kush and OG preservation
They’ll take priority over a lot of my other old beans.

8 Likes

The 92og is the one that smells of diaper/dog poop when growing and yes just one ghost but darkheart nursery sells something labeled as ghost that has a chocolate thing going on , it’s something kush but not the true ghost og. Just like you it bugs me when people or nurseries do that because it effects the public perception of a clone and often in the wrong way. Kens granddaddy purple for example is nothing compared to the original grand daddy purps but a lot of people don’t even realize there is a difference because they don’t look into it and never realy saw the original.

4 Likes

I have ran the GDP a lot but I always referred to it as kens, this is long before he made a seed co etc.

I don’t believe his story one bit but isn’t this whole “the gdp you people have isn’t the real gdp thing” all being pushed by like mad farmer or whatever that dudes name is that made Tripoli wicked
(Maybe he’s saying that about urkel I could be wrong)

I used to interact with him long ago on cannazon and he always struck me as a goof

I trust where I got my gdp back in the day I just think we all called it kens at the time to distinguish that it was the real.

could be wrong

I’m sure ken naming his seeds GDP didn’t help
Haven’t ran any of his gear but I’ve heard it leaves a lot to be desired.

I hate it when breeders name their stock after a parent in it.
Fucks the name game up

6 Likes

Exactly he is open about the fact that the cut that goes around as kens now is a result of the seeds he made with the original cut but everybody called it kens granddaddy purple back then to distinguish it from the one offs people were already growing. The first one I ever grew was a very short dark purple plant with rock hard nugs great flavor and a severe weakness to budrot. I always liked smoking it but not growing her unless it was indoors. When I had the cut I was on the north coast and the humidity was a problem. Most cuts of granddaddy I see now lack flavor, density , proper structure and most of all the darn purple it’s named for.
Urkle and sr71 purple kush have made a reappearance in the last few years , we have gone full circle to purple being popular again.

7 Likes

Yeah she was preferred over the urkel for me indoors as that was even more of a pain

yeah the homie giving me the banana OG beans is getting his tissue culture set up going soon but he said if it’s not candy and purp in LA people don’t want it.
I would think the banana would fit right into candy but he said LA wouldn’t care so, I’m not gonna complain I get to pop some nana OG f1’s
That whole team is practically the og kush kings of LA imo.
speaking of soviets (wink) I have a lot of Russian kush stuff I still have to get too as well.
shiloh massive gave me a bunch of the original stock Adonai is what birthed pretty much anything and everything watermelon these days. and in there I think I have a Russian kush bx of sorts as the Adonai is… iirc like sweet tooth 4 x ? X Russian kush and then a hundred or so Adonai stock x Russian kush x OG or something that he’s never even popped and they were made in like 05 or so I think

So possibly sitting on some watermelon OG heaters

Point being… watermelon banana OG lol
Shit throw in some lime and marshmallow from a good ogpk and you got bananamelon lime marshmallow OG

7 Likes

https://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/07/nyregion/the-rise-and-fall-of-the-biggest-pot-dealer-in-new-york-city-history.html

1 Like

Yep this is who I was speaking about growing tons of hydro and flooding New York Florida and los Angela’s with it along with a few other places I’m sure.

2 Likes

Cant read the article, could someone copy and paste it please?

Since this is basically a free for all kush thread now
Fuck it
Here’s some dank snapshots of various OG’s

15 Likes

RIP tony little
This was when I found it in the hunt
Those buds hanging in the back ground are why large cookie hunts can suck esp back then
perfect mix of cookies and kush

runs there after
viva la dialed

22 Likes