- syzygy's journal - the clown show

Thanks!

Senescence induced by cold nights? Not sure as it’s my first and only time running these cuts. I don’t have any past grows to compare it to so I’m clueless on that one. I searched for other grows of Pinesoul and saw that IAY’s got that salmon-red color fade as well on his.

The pots are 12" x 12" x 12". Manufacturer (Hydrofarm) claims “Inner volume = 6 gal. Holds 3.4 gal (13 L) of clay pebbles or similar medium.” From memory I used at least a 5 GAL home depot bucket to fill them up and then probably used .5 GAL of straw on top after the soil settled. I’ll probably fill one up with my gallon scoop this weekend because I’m curious now and questioning my memory.

Ever since I’ve had the dogs I’ve taken a more lazy approach to gardening and have relied on store bought (mass produced) worm castings & a peat-lite mix. I’ve noticed a reduction in plant health but they still seem to turn out good enough by my standards at the end, even if they do fall apart. As always I’m open to any reasonable low effort suggestions that would work in my little area.

14 Likes