- syzygy's journal - the clown show

I understand brotha, only joking. You got to work with what you got and what will work best for you.

I found I could fit 20 or 25 1 gallon polybags in the 3x3 last run.( i’d have to double check how many I had in there). It would be incredibly packed and would need to defoliate like a madman if I flowered them out in there.
Heres the 3x3 start of this last run. Would be 30 1 gallons that could fit in the 3x3.

15 Likes

Yeah I had it so I could run 30~ 5.5" pots for a while

I think with saucer factored in I could do 16 1 GALs but I think the sweet spot for air flow and everything is 9-12 pots. (3 rows of 4 or 3 rows of 3)

This setup held 5 rows of 6 pots

Watering was a nightmare and took a long time with that setup, yours looks even more painful haha.

19 Likes

Thats was nice clean setup compared to mine, trying to squeeze every last cu sq ft of space out of that 3x3.:grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Very hectic, I had to work out some kinks haha.

8 Likes

I read the same and heard the same. But what I also heard and can confirm is that if you put healthy cuts in, they will root just fine. In the winter I exclusively use the cloner, following Griffins Tek. I get 95% roots. This time I got 18 for 18 on TK. Pics later in my thread for proof. And only 2 of 36 cuts are not showing roots.

Get her happy and green and take happy green cuts, and you’ll be fine imo

14 Likes

Yep 100%. If you can get her happy and then take the cuts, they root like damn near any other cut. 7-9 days or so.

12 Likes

@syzygy looks like y’all got the Octopot question covered. Sorry I was out of pocket yesterday. I always defer to @BarefootAndBlazed and @Papalag when it comes to Octos.

11 Likes

May be the final shots on the DHP and possibly REJ. DHP is bone dry and was losing leaves from dehydration, I haven’t watered it in a while… Looks done or beyond done to me so I intend on cutting it down tomorrow morning.

Maybe REJ too.

Spirit HP 2 isn’t even looking all that far off.

Devils HP

Red Eye Jedi

Spirit HP 2

Triple Sunshine A

31 Likes

Trip Sun A no flash - around day 55 I think

I culled the new trip sun Females as they were pretty root bound and I’m more certain of what I want to do next round. They would be in the tent too long. Still leaving the males for now because I can always move them out of the flowering area and collect pollen if I choose.

I like the look of the stretchier H pheno on the left. I think the one on the right is E and has more narrow leaves. Both are showing signs of their Korean ancestry.

23 Likes

Your devils hp is very pleasing to the eye. Has cemented it in my mind. Impressive work, per usual. Little note on the tk being hard to root, of the 7 Bubba x tk cuts I took, only 4 rooted(worst of the bunch) and they took 11-13 days…almost a full week more than the fritter or wedding crasher. But that could be a variety of reasons as you know. :metal:t2:

6 Likes

Yeah for sure. My experience has always been if the mom is healthy then the cuttings seem to root without issue. Just trying to take as many known potential issues into account as I’m trying to plan next round.

If everything roots I think I’m going to do 5 plants in those 6 GAL white pots. I have them filled already with soil and everything. Once the Spirit HP & TSA come down I will move them in probably.

I took cuttings of everything except the Irene because she didn’t have enough growth at the time to take any. I also have an extra Bubba and LJ plant so I’m pretty certain those are making the cut.

Bubba
Lav Jack nn
Pinesoul
Triangle Kush
Chem 91 skunk VA

I’ll also probably have a TSA and possibly an SSDD F1 in 1 GAL pots as well that I can dust with pollen (if the timing of everything works out) outside of the flowering area. Or may try the 2 new Trip Sun females. Not sure.

After reading Greasy’s review of the TK though that really bumped it up for me in the queue. I also really want to compare it to the TSA first hand.

The SSDD mom is gone but I may have 1 or 2 cuttings still. Roots are poking out. If only 1 makes it then I won’t flower it out, but if both root one will get flowered and dusted probably.

15 Likes

i can take pics tonight of what they look like in an ac infinity 3x3… is it 35 inches? but i have 2 regular large octos unused and im transplanting into the micro ones tonight. you can fit 9 of those, sea of green with the right veg and strain it could fill out perfect, you can almost certainly fit 4 regular octopot bases the problem would be they require almost twice the size bag on top and your plants would just get too big i think. im only using the large octopots outdoors.

3 Likes

Yeah, I agree. 4 Large pots in a 3x3 doesn’t make too much sense as the plants would completely overgrow the area before filling out the pot even. I think last time I measured my 3x3 inside the poles it was 35" or so. I’ve done 9 - 3 GAL pots before in the tent without issue. I think realistically it’s the best compromise for the space.

15 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

I would’ve only posted a few of those fucking emojis, but I had to meet the “ten character” minimum.

8 Likes

Also thinking about pulling the REJ tomorrow. All that’s left in the way of flowering females currently is the Trip Sun , Spirit HP 2, and REJ. Looks ready to me. Hope everyone here has a good and stress free holiday(s) coming up!

Day 67 - Redeye Jedi - Lots of clear still but there are some milky and ambers. Calyxes starting to yellow from the tips. Looks a bit funny because no flash / white balance is off a bit probably.

26 Likes

Merry Christmas @syzygy :santa: :vulcan_salute:
Hope you have a great one brotha!

3 Likes

You 2 ! Saw in your thread earlier on my phone that the C91 x SSDD & Trip Sun x SSDD are coming up. Excited to see what comes from all that!

6 Likes

Merry Christmas @syzygy !!!

We’re enjoying the SSDD today. Very nice, relaxing high. I get the “warm blanket feeling” that a lot of people describe :santa:t4:

9 Likes

You too, unomas!

Nice to hear there are some desirable effects coming through in those SSDD F2s as well! I really appreciate you testing out all the stuff you did this year, and tolerating the unfortunate herm situation in the SM4 F2s.

8 Likes

Merry Merry @syzygy Hope you are well brother!

5 Likes

You too & usual holiday wishes as well. About to take the dogs and thinking how weird the weather is for Christmas. Assume it’s like this in VA too…

Crazy.

10 Likes