- syzygy's journal - the clown show

It was OK. Not very strong or memorable. Bland but relaxing effects. I only went through 2 females though and culled some males. One pheno was pretty frosty and had greasy trichomes. I dusted that with the first SSDD male I came across but never tried the beans. Neither plants were anywhere near the quality of the Sensi Star cutting that I was gifted around 02. I don’t remember exactly how they smelled but they didn’t have the SS smell I was (and still am) looking to come across again.

The Bodhi seeds I was running at the time were all superior.

Here are pictures around day 60 of the 2 phenos. They look very similar but I remember GB2 either smelled stronger or had tackier resin.

GB 1

GB2

22 Likes

Looks great. I had a keeper a few years ago that I ran for a couple years. It tested really high in thc, around 29%, nice gassy terps, greasy, easy to grow, and was just an easy plant. I also have some outcrosses I haven’t run yet. The original breeder (Seeds of Compassion) is back releasing things again I reckon.

6 Likes

I love the reds and purples the SHP has going on! Is it a Ghost OG leaner? She’s real pretty!

5 Likes

Not sure but it doesn’t resemble any other seed from an 88g13hp cross I’ve grown. It smells pretty good and the flowers look white in person. It’s the one I was most interested in from the start because of the unusual stretchy growth, but the intersex issues kind of killed my excitement a bit.

Oh, cool! The description sounded really appealing to me but I can’t really judge the line from the 2 females that I ran. I think I harvested them in-between week 9 and 10 so I could have taken them too early too. I’ve popped some more a few times since but I don’t remember what happened to them - males, culled , damping off or failure to germ.

10 Likes

I think the red fade is a g13hp thing, have seen it in photos of other g13hp crosses. Ive got one electric cowboy that has that fade - I consider it a 50:50 pheno… stretchier than the g13hp doms but has some of the Hp incense aroma and is more foul smelling on rub - earthy bad breath… hoppy gassy thing.

17 Likes

Good point, I remember that picture of Clusterfunk on GLG had a beautiful magenta fade. Seems like they have a new picture for it now but found another different picture on seedfinder.

As far as the buds go to my eye they don’t look like other 88g13hp buds I’ve seen, though I guess it’s possible it could be the angle I’m looking at them from since they are twice as tall as the others.

21 Likes

Im not positive what the g13hp bud structure is like - all of these EC phenos have what I consider OG kush structure - individual pinecone strawberry kind of nugs. The most stretchy pheno with no g13hp terpenes seems to have more elongated buds, not as round.

9 Likes

That’s that GLG freebie, right? I think I have that one in the fridge, one of the rare freebies that I’d actually be interested in growing (eventually haha).

7 Likes

Yes. I think the only freebie from him that I germinated was a 3 headed dragon F2 pack and got a few bleeders but I forget why I culled them - probably because I was limited on space.

Same, but it’s good to compare notes!

About to do a photo dump from in there - just wanted to say that the spirit HP buds don’t really smell that strong when you’re near them, but I rubbed a bud lightly and still have that really good smell ~ 30 min+ later.

12 Likes

Hope everyone here has a good NY/E and what not. Anyways I’m sure people are getting sick of the almost daily picture updates but this is the most interesting time to take pictures. Plus the Triple Sunshine looks so beautiful in person. Speaking of beautiful - To me NYE is a double ‘holiday’ because it’s the day I adopted my ds on NYE 2020. Here she is in early 2021

And here she is going into 2024 - a bit more white on her face but still full of energy and can keep up with the puppy.

Love that gal…

Ok so here’s the Spirit HP - I’m getting a Slightly sweet - woodsy - coffee - hashy* smell. I know hash is a result of the trichomes it’s made from and so it’s kind of meaningless. It’s what hash smells like to me though haha…

About day 74 I believe.

In person the buds look white. I think it’s because of the way the leaves envelope the calyxes a bit though and not entirely from the trichomes. I like the look. Has more amber than I expected too.

And here’s the Triple Sunshine A - I think we’re somewhere around 60 days. Give or take a few days. I always think of a Wizards hat when I look at her. I know SSDD had a “wizard hat pheno”, and I’m not trying to suggest any relation. It just has that look to it…

29 Likes

Wizard hat for sure! SSDD coming through in the flowers compared to the TK, but still TK-ish too. Its a beautiful blend of the two imo.

9 Likes

Beautiful plants ,some amazing genetics chem 91 one of my faves I’ll sub a stick around for a bit if you don’t mind syzygy .
Did you start the mandelbrots oil spill beans ,as I’ve just bought a pack I’m gonna start a journal as soon as they land …… anyway much love from UK

Kind regards terpzin

8 Likes

Thanks! Always cool to have more interaction here and love the perspective from people who have tried the genetics before.

as for

That was @minitiger -

I think he did say he was going to but plans can and do change.

9 Likes

Yeah, I’m gonna start some of the Oil Spills at some point, thought that’s what I was gonna go with next, but I changed my mind and am gonna start Doc’s Ethiopian Banana/A5T hybrid in the next day or two instead. The Oil Spills will be after that, I’m thinking like early/mid-February or so, kinda just depends on the stuff I’m flowering right now and how far along they look by then. February 15 will be day 68 of flower for the current stuff, so I think it’ll be fine.

Edit: And feel free to tag me when you start that journal, @Dick-terpzin (nice name haha), I’d definitely like to follow along.

11 Likes

Definitely will tag you in minitiger, I’ll be started within mid to late jan I haven’t been growing for the past 12 months not by choice ,lost a couple an set me back I’m in uk Liverpool so highly outlawed :wink:used to it by now though …. Anyway the oil spill sounds amazing I’m all about the gas an the lineage is fire an Mandelbrot is a legend so I’m led to believe…should be fire phenos in there I payed £150 for 12 I’m also running archives moonglow an gastax can’t wait to get going

Regards terpzin

7 Likes

And you probably already forgot to tag me. Haha

It’s alright, I follow all your posts now.

6 Likes

I absolutely did not. Seriously, that’s one of the few things that I have a good memory about haha. I often forget when I’ve asked somebody to tag me, but I always remember when people ask me to tag them.

And NO, THAT IS NOT AN INVITATION FOR RANDOM MOTHERFUCKERS TO START ASKING ME TO TAG THEM, JUST TO SEE IF I REMEMBER haha.

9 Likes

Did you mean threads, are you doing that manually or is that actually a feature? Sounds useful if so -

- all I see.

8 Likes

Such Beautiful work @syzygy
Thanks for Sharing that Love for the Dogs and please have a Great New Years !

3 Likes

No, I meant that I was actively looking at every thread to see if he posted something. Sort of like stalking him. Haha. Just kidding.

Yeah, I know about the feature to follow threads. I’m on pretty regularly though (too much, probably) so I generally see when a thread I like has been posted in.

7 Likes