- syzygy's journal - the clown show

Comparison of plant structure - crappy phone picture because I can’t get a full shot like this with my macro lens.

Redeye Jedi next to Triple Sunshine A.

Pretty much all the og x 88s look very similar to the REJ. Same height, bud spacing and all that.

23 Likes

Heres my favorite electric cowboy larry og pheno on left, and a g13hp leaner on right. I have one thats squatter and more g13hp but its in the way back ha. I noticed the Og leaner has a greasier resin rub just now too, others are more tacky.

OG pheno

g13hp leaner

27 Likes

Yeah, that’s about what I’m visualizing when I think 88g13hp buds. (for anyone else reading to restate : I’m no authority)

Healthy darker leaves and nice pine cone shaped buds.

Your picture reminds me I should try Rice Hulls as a mulch again. Just picked up another bale when my state legalized and have unlimited (for personal use) cheap access.

13 Likes

Yeah I think that’s a decent g13hp representation, at least crossed to an OG so it’s a lower yielding tight nug structure and floppy plant ha. I’ve got one pheno that is more like the OG dom in structure, but still has that g13hp spice incense to it, should have taken a cut but I’ll try to reveg it anyway.

Rice hulls are great, super cheap and easy. And can just mix into soil again when re-amending. Was a bit tough to find organic ones near me, but a giant bale is basically a lifetime supply, and can use them in place of perlite building soil if I run out.

10 Likes

Ya for sure! I think they run about 16$ a bale for me and I go through quite a bit just mixing into my soil. Been using them since like 2012 or so.

A nursery in my state Willoway did a lot of experimenting with PBH as a mulch for weed and fungus gnat suppression and still uses it. I’ve done a lot of tests with PBH , PBH & pine bark fines and a few other things as mulches outdoors on non Cannabis plants but I prefer straw for those situations. For an indoor Cannabis setup Rice Hulls seem like they do probably have quite a few advantages over straw. Will try it again on my next run if I can remember come transplant time.

14 Likes

Yup good stuff! Yeah I prefer leaf mulch for outdoors, indoors rice hulls are great.

9 Likes

Yeah I can get some mass produced leaf mulch locally extremely cheap, but I’m a bit nervous about other stuff that may be in it because litter often gets swept up in leaf collection piles. That and the way it’s stored it’s always teeming with fungus gnats. I have used it before with decent results though.

If I could get home-made small batch leaf mold / mulch I’d be all over it. I’m too lazy to dedicate the space to do it on my own, but have done it in the past. Great stuff!

Have or do you ever mess around with Pine Bark Fines? I know AL on gardenweb was a really big advocate of it, spur as well on ICMAG. I use it in veggie and flower soil mixes but haven’t been too satisfied yet with it in indoor cannabis mixes. Gotta play around more with ratios.

14 Likes

I’m on the super lazy end of “leaf mulch” and just keep a big pile of leaves in the back all winter and in spring use it for the garden haha. Ideally i’d run the lawnmower of it before piling it up but eh, it works :wink: But yeah wouldn’t use that indoors, it’s teaming with pests of all kinds.

Haven’t done anything with pine bark fines - my one concern would be acidity as pine stuff is usually pretty acidic. I also know anything woody steals nitrogen as it breaks down - not sure if that applies to bark.

11 Likes

Going to have to decide by this weekend probably what to do with the trip sun stuff. I’m 99% sure those are SSDD cuttings in the top left that I didn’t make a label for because I got distracted by the intersex stuff in the flower area. There aren’t roots on those yet anyways. TS A has a label but it’s not visible in the picture.

If my memory is correct :
bold I am certain of

A Female
E Male
F Female
G Female
H Male

24 Likes

@Tessellated posted a nice picture of an SSDD F2 he grew out - figured it may be of interest to others since a few people here have coinflips of it.

9 Likes

Here’s some (many) pictures from tonight. Somewhere in between 56-60 days on most of this stuff in flower (except trip sun)

Spirit Hashplant (Ghost OG x 88g13hp) #1

Spirit Hashplant (Ghost OG x 88g13hp) #2

Devil’s Hashplant (Diablo OG x 88g13hp) #1

Devil’s Hashplant (Diablo OG x 88g13hp) #2

Devil’s Hashplant (Diablo OG x 88g13hp) #3

Redeye Jedi (Skywalker OG x 88g13hp)

Triple Sunshine (triangle kush x Sunshine Daydream)

Pinesoul (goji og F2)

Lav Jack (nobody’s nursery)

Irene

Chem 91 skunk VA

Bubba Kush

Triangle Kush

32 Likes

Redeye Jedi trichomes

35 Likes

That is a stunning shot! How much more amber are you looking for before harvesting?

14 Likes

Jeez, everything looks so beautiful. Always blows me away that these are grown in 1 gallon containers haha. Any of them sticking out to you in any way?

8 Likes

I was going to seek all of your opinions on when I should pull. REJ looks incredibly good and frosty in person.

I think the Devil’s HP 1 , Spirit HP 1 and REJ #1 are the most interesting currently. Spirit HP 2 looks interesting visually but the smell is just rubber at the moment. Either the SHP or the DHP smells incredibly good. REJ smells good but not as unique as one of the other 2 ( I’m not 100% which it is ).

DHP 2 and 3 don’t really seem appealing to me but it’s possible they could be the winners when it comes to effects. I’m only judging these on superficial traits obviously.

Trip Sun looks very nice to me as well. Can’t wait to compare it to TK to see if it’s “worthy”.

13 Likes

That one definitely has my eye, but I guess we’ll see how it smokes here soon. I know you were on the fence about chopping most of these awhile back, glad you followed through, they all look good, and there’s excellent documentation of them.

Here’s the TK around 29 days, you’ll be able to compare in person soon enough though. I bet a good bit of the SSDD is coming through in the TripSun.

Lav Jack

28 Likes

Those leaves look so healthy! Love the use of tomato cages too, a more eye-safe solution to staking up floppy branches. Yeah I see what you mean, the TS buds are a bit more elongated and wispy.

8 Likes

Yeah, I loaded up on extra Craft Blend and a little Gaia Green 4-4-4, noticing a difference this round, darker leaves, perhaps almost too much N… we’ll see how they finish though.

It’s working pretty well so far. Hopefully they won’t get all rusted out.

For sure, that’s what I noticed too.

9 Likes

Interesting. I have most of the base ingredients of that Gaia Green on hand. I need to figure something out to keep my plants happier in 1Gals mid flower… That’s on my to do list for spring / summer.

I used to use Tomato Clips a lot but lately I’ve kept my plants so small they don’t need support (for the most part) haha… They work pretty well with Tomato cages though, as does that velcro plant tape.

There are a lot of Vinyl (?) tomato cage options where rust isn’t really an issue, but I’m not sure how safe those are long term with something you’re going to combust. I use those for peppers but I’d probably go with the type you use just to be safe.

15 Likes

I’ve not used it before, Amazon accidentally sent me the 4-4-4 by mistake as I only wanted the 2-8-4 for topdressing during flower, but got both, win for me, big L for Amazon. It seems it be working well. As an experiment, I’ve been top dressing with the 4-4-4 and compost in this 1/2 hydro pot, Dragon Hammer seems to be happy with it so far (don’t mind the Wp22 sprayed on the leaves), but I don’t know how’d it do through flower. Also, not the biggest fan of blood meal, but it does seem to do the trick sometimes…

I need to get some of those plastic clips, I just winged it this time, but those would surely come in handy!

Yeah I had some coated one’s at my last place. My issue is that I need to bend and modify them to fit the SIPs, and they are cheap, I think $7.50, so they’re easily replaceable as well.

14 Likes