- syzygy's journal - the clown show

Sometimes ya gotta compromise, lol! I mostly use cheapo Wall Mort low boy storage bins. They fit close enough :slight_smile:
I don’t really understand what you mean by a catch to redirect the liquid. Like a bulkhead fitting for a drain line? And is that plastic going to sit on grate?
Never mind, keep on shuckin’ :wink:

6 Likes

I harvested the ssdd x TS Wednesday and the tk x TS today, they’ve all got some delicious funk going on, each a bit different. No pics at harvest (I’m always too sticky), but I’ll post up some dry bud shots and smoke reports after dry and brown bagging. Thank you again for sharing your work, TK(at least her crosses, never had straight TK) is something that seems to have sunk her hooks into me and I appreciate the chance to explore her further. Will probably run the last 4 TK beans this fall along with a few more of the TS to hopefully get a female to experience her un-bx.

11 Likes

I’m not sure, I was thinking the grate would sit on top of the plastic , pondliner, rubber, or whatever I end up using. By catch the liquid I mean that there are areas on the side of the table that runoff won’t go into the tray - so I’d have to catch it with plastic and angle it into the bin so that it all collects either there or into a bulkhead/pvc.

Only the middle 2 rows in this example would collect into the tray without help.

TS shot while I was outside. Looks really nice and healthy in person (for now). Will have to prune it again soon…

Very cool, hopefully the smoke comes out worthwhile! I just trimmed my TS-F2 a bit ago and it smells very strong. Interested to try more F2s and see if there are phenos with better calyx to leaf ratios.

16 Likes

I’ve been trying to figure out a way to make water heater drain pans work for my hempy buckets. There are a variety of sizes. I use a tent though so it’s hard to get enough height for gravity.

3 Likes

Ya that’s the drawback of doing this for sure - giving up 8-12" of height. Will restrict me to 18-24" plants probably when you factor in the pots, light, and canopy distance from the light.

Drain pans are a good idea though, thanks! I think i was looking at washing machine pans at some point but not sure why I gave up on that.

5 Likes

I get it now…

But 3 rows would :crazy_face: I’ll get my coat…

When I ran hempies in tents, I ran tubing, jammed into the hole, to a catch pan, and just vac’d it up. I do a lot of things the hard way, but that wasn’t one of them :rofl:

9 Likes

True haha… But in all seriousness I don’t want 16 pots in my tent anyways, I just want the ability to move them anywhere and be OK drainage wise.

Here are some quick shots - just got done trimming the TK & TS F2. Didn’t have time to take nice glamour shots but I did want to jot down some thoughts while it’s fresh in my memory.

Both smell good - TS F2 smells more pine / forest / earthy. Very hard for me to narrow down the TK smell - sharp rubber gassy/fuel wood sour/acetone pinesol? It’s really hard to nail down for me. No component of the smell really dominates so I’m struggling and probably forgetting some notes. I like the smell though.

TS F2 looks much frostier in person and smells a bit stronger.
TS F2 is a bit more dense as well
TK has larger calyxes and a better calyx to leaf ratio than the TS.

Both are leafier than I’d like and were annoying for me to trim though - the TS F1 mom is a superior plant to both in my eyes based on how I grow at least.

TS F2 left , TK right

TK left TS F2 right

TK

TS F2

Both could have been grown better for sure. Probably won’t sample either until they are fully cured - I haven’t been smoking much these past few weeks really. I will post a report after I’ve sampled at least a few times and feel confident enough jotting down observations. May take a while.

26 Likes

Have you looked at something like these. They have nearly every imaginable size if you do some searching.

8 Likes

I have so many questions, but I won’t ask them because I’m sure the answers are obvious to anybody who knows about what exactly it you’re doing.

The weed looks good, though! haha…

4 Likes

@syzygy i put a couple triple sunshine seeds along with some gelato x ‘88g13hp!

And a purple lemon Thai x garlic pickle Kali mist.

I have the TK x Day 56 headband so I’m excited to see some CSI being grown here.

Excited to see what happens!

10 Likes

Awesome, hopefully you find something decent there! TK x HB sounds cool as well, bet there’s some really nice OG phenos to be found in those seeds. Don’t know anything about Gelato but interested to see what you find in those too.

Every time I go outside I’m surprised by how big the Triple Sunshine seems. I think how I’m pruning it has a lot to do with it but it just looks striking in person

My full sized German Shepherd (above average height/weight) is dwarfed by it

Here are the cuttings that I’m planning on flowering - not sure what I’m going to do yet though

Wait until they root out the media, transplant and move them in later.
Move in to flower tent and allow them to root while flowering .
Move in to flower tent and allow them to root while flowering and then transplant mid flower.

5150 - #1 , #3

S1s - #3 , #2

TK x Triple Sunshine , TK , Triple Sunshine

Also the tallest TK that is in 1GAL of coco in the flower tent was slightly dry when I went in there tonight and I’m not liking the overall look. I’m guessing coco is going to have less tolerance for neglect than my soil pots. Hoping I can pull this off without automation.

24 Likes

Me neither lol!

Hoping these two together might make a Minnesota Fruit salad. I’m sorry if anyone knows what that is…

I have the 5150 tk x day 56 as well. And the day 56 x loompas. I like headband haha

3 Likes

I was given a “headband” cutting almost 10 years ago but I don’t think it was legit. The csi / bodhi crosses using HB seem like a good choice to explore.

Real headband always sounded really good to me - from what I read it’s supposed to be OGish. My headband was more narrow and 'sativa", it was really good for focus kind of like the triangle kush. I should try to dig up some pictures later, but I’m almost positive it wasn’t legit.

“headband”

21 Likes

I had a steady supply of headband back in like ‘09 and nothing has come close to it for me. It’s extremely uplifting and giggly, sometimes too much so. Bright green dense nugs with a very nice flavor especially in a joint.

I ran Bodhi’s day 56 x ‘88 and I absolutely loved it. Back around 2009-2010 I also got “Mr. Nice” which was my other all time favorite strain so this cross is perfect for me. I hope to do a proper pheno hunt of it someday.

19 Likes

What I remember from back in the day was dark orange hairs with bright green buds and the trimmed fan leaves were much darker.

1 Like

I love the diesel/pine of HB. I grabbed both lazy lightning and cocoon in hopes of finding a HB leaner.
That TS outside is huge😍🫶🏼

2 Likes

Me too! It’s always had some lemon for me too.

@syzygy from my experience, it’s a lemony Diesel OG. HB has always been anything but focused for me. Like giggling on the porch making up ridiculous back stories for the bunny in your yard type of weed.

4 Likes

She is pretty big, for sure. I wonder if outdoors, though, where the light slowly decreases instead of an immediate flip from 18/6 to 12/12 (or whatever) won’t help with the stretch. I feel like even switching to 14/10 for a week before I switch to 11.5/12.5 helps indoors, so… Maybe?

Or maybe you’re not worried about how big she’s gonna get haha.

What’s the rush? Why not wait for them to root and then transplant?

Yeah, that’s about when I was getting the best Headband I’ve ever come across. It was SO good and so perfectly-grown and cured that I refused to buy it once that source disappeared. I was just rooolllllling finger hash off of my fingers every time I broke some up for a j. Very tasty, very stinky. Smelling the broken-up flowers (never mind smoking them) was just nose-searing.

Very good weed. Kudos to whomever grew that batch haha…

11 Likes

I’m not worried I just am anticipating the plant snapping due to lack of support. Especially if it starts setting flowers. I really have enough herb though so I probably won’t even bother supporting the plants.

No real rush other than I have Triple Sunshine & TKs ready to go in coco and I don’t want to over-veg them. Guess I could just chop them down and stick with the TK pictured a few posts ago. That’s probably a better plan actually haha.

Yeah, your headband description sounds a lot more like what I was expecting. I’m sure mine wasn’t real hb based on flower morphology alone - maybe it was some kind of headband cross, s1 or something and that info got distorted when passing hands. It came from a friend of a friend (of a friend maybe even). Took about 75-80 days to finish too. Was also given a Bubblegum cutting around that time that also looked fairly “sativa”.

Both of those were freebies at GLG for a while I think - usually I find myself happier with the bodhi freebies oddly enough. I think @InTheWoods had a pretty nice looking pheno of one of those too, Lazy Lightning I think.

11 Likes

Bummer I lost her but I know what to look for once I get around to OPing the remainder of the pack in the future.

@MrHamilton Here are the two Lazy lightning Ladies. Robust lemon earth.

Unfortunately, the clone didn’t keep the yield side but the taste and effects is what I was after.

These saw 77 days if I remember right. Growing up I always thought HB was sativa like smoke. I picked some up back in the day from dispensaries whenever I saw a great batch. Lime green bud and vibrant orange hairs.

The good ol days when you could smell and look at the buds before buying and small-scale growers that put some love into the crop would be scattered throughout the shelves.

17 Likes