- syzygy's journal - the clown show

One of the best things about legalization is getting to see some syzygy outdoor photography haha. Love it!

7 Likes

Appreciate the kind words! Best part about legalization has been not being paranoid about bringing gardening stuff in or out - especially in the winter. Love not having to be worried about smell or anything like that. Hoping the areas still living under the insanity of prohibition become more reasonable in the near future.

Also for anyone exploring any triple sunshine / ssdd chucks or interested @DirtySlowToes just took down a TS x SSDD and has been posting some nice pictures in his thread.

16 Likes

Pictures coming this evening. Everyone: grow that shtuff. It’s phenomenal. That’s 4 grams.

Didn’t want to blow up your thread so I’ll add these here and I’ll post more as I trim it(in my thread and the bodhi thread) but these are just what I’m trimming up. Still a ways away from the middle and top nugs. Looks like a heavy yield.

27 Likes

Wow! Looks good @DirtySlowToes !! Smoke report coming soon?

4 Likes

Give it a week or three in a jar and you will absolutely see one from me.

6 Likes

Hah! My dog had an encounter with a bee recently as well, it mistakenly became entangled in her fur and stung her… she freaked out because it was stuck so well she couldn’t pull in out with her mouth. I was on a walk with her at the time and she started running around uncontrollably, with me chasing close behind her as she was on the harness/leash… it was quite the show for the neighbors. I eventually got the bee out, but couldn’t pull the stinger out, as my dog is really reactive to any injury or sensitive part of her body. I am thankful, like your pup, that she’s not in anyway allergic… but, now she’s scared of anything that flies, even a house fly will make her jump!

Looking great in the natural light… is she getting mostly direct sun most of the day? My outdoor stuff is just starting to flower, at least one of the plants.

haha sounds like me every year. My ran all over the place last year, but still had more than i could eat. They seem like PM magnets too, but my other plants near them were not affected.

Seems like she’s been pretty runty this whole time, but agree that there’s probably no harm in leaving her to flower.

Nice job! Looks a lot like the Triple Sun A, imo. Will be watching for the report!

9 Likes

Here’s some shots of SSDD x TS buds. They are funky smelling in a dank and good way. Just now vaping some and it appears to be a good pain reliever yet very functional. I like it, a lot 🫶🏼

26 Likes

I don’t mind - lots of people here have those pollen chucks so it’s beneficial for them to see it! I’m hesitant referencing other threads but figure it’s better to ask forgiveness than permission?

Great pics, I do see what I believe is TS influence but it also looks a bit like my SSDD keeper (not pollen source). Probably a good amount of ssdd present being (TK x SSDD) x SSDD!

That sucks - I’m not a fan of having to do anything with the dogs that requires examination even, like messing with their ears. Removing a bee from thick fur does not sound fun…

Yeah all day it’s getting full sun. I think it may be starting the flowering phase as well , not sure though. Do you have any TS / TK outside or just irene & the cool sounding cross from zephyr?

Awesome, thanks for posting these shots! Looks really frosty. The mom for me is very functional as well.

11 Likes

Damn them tripple sunshine nugs look epic…
Very well done @DirtySlowToes and @syzygy !!

5 Likes

I’m pretty curious to compare it to the SSDD f2 I’ve got from you. This one a really nice nug structure. The lowers definitely aren’t larfy, they’re just smaller than the rest. Hah they’re still dense and pretty good form. A little wispy in spots may be the way to describe it. I wouldn’t really say airy.

Thank you and I second that to syzygy. Well done. Two other phenos(#2, #4) in flower now along with a smaller version of #1. Here’s some more from today’s trimming

25 Likes

Nah not this year, only those two plants. The Irene when thru some weird re-vegging process, but looks normal now.

I meant to also mention Triple Sunshine F. Not quite as good as Trip Sun A, but still good weed on her own. Mainly, she doesn’t have the smells that Trip Sun A does, smells like generic weed, not as in your face. Plenty of frost on her though. The nugs were smaller, but yielded about the same as Trip Sun A, surprisingly. Not quite as potent as Trip Sun A, nor TK, but still does the job…

Trip Sun A has hard nugs, that “clunk” when they hit the bottom of the jar. They’re not the most dense nugs I’ve ever seen, the consistency is nice though, you’re still able to break up with your hands if needed. The nugs are the same all the way through too, even the lowers are pretty good.

21 Likes

Appreciate the kind words! I’m just pollen chucking though - Bodhi did all the work providing the genetics.

On the TSxSSDD or the SSDD F2s? Assuming you mean the TSxSSDD : The Triple Sunshine mom for me has very dense flowers, substantially more than any SSDD I’ve encountered so far. I think @InTheWoods commented that one of his TSxSSDD phenos was really dense too. Forgot to ask @iamyou_youareme how his TS-A flower came out in terms of density. Interesting piece of information though for sure! – edit answered while I was making this post haha…

The mom has clusters of calyxes that are very dense but the clusters themselves separate easily and may be wispy for me. Not sure of how much that has to do with environmental factors though, IE high temperatures and fertility. May happen in all conditions, but I only really got foxtails when I ran it last summer.

Some of those do look a bit like the TS in the last shot but in some ways it looks more “normal”. The elongated look definitely makes me think TS though.

Either way it looks really nice and too hard to gauge from pictures haha. So many variables can affect how the buds look - just look at the pictures IAY posted and compare to some of mine. Same cutting but they look a bit different. The late summer grow last year was extremely pointy with foxtails looking almost like dreadlocks. My winter harvest looked much closer to his flower. Grow style, plant size, pruning strategies, fertilizer inputs, light intensity, temps, to name a few variables. I’ve never grown it as a large plant but running it single stemmed it doesn’t seem to produce long colas. The buds to me feel more like an OG where you have big dense flowers on vine with a bit of internodal distance between clusters.

SSDD leaning or TS leaning - whichever it resembles more it looks great and you did a good job growing her out to completion!

Interesting! My TS-F smelled pretty strong and really reminded me of my Baba Kush female. Always thought she had an SSDD look in growth so probably explains why both smelled like that. Your pictures of F look like they came out better than my flowers did.

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking of. The sound of the buds when dropped on a surface and the sound that it makes.

12 Likes

Looks like she is finally snaping out that leaf wrinkle. Those violet colored stems are a trip. Such a unique plant. :sunglasses: :vulcan_salute:

If I remember right, it was TS A #2 that was the densest out the three.

17 Likes

Yeah the tsxssdd. I appreciated the way iamyou described the texture. The plunking in the jar, easy enough to break up with fingers. It shares a lot of those qualities. I was surprised that the smaller nugs weigh a gram or close to it.

Sort of unrelated note: It seems my SSDD f2 male outside has started flowering/stretching a bit. Should mean yours are too.

The wispy aspect could definitely be from heat stress. The tops got dense but I think they’d probably get a bit bigger and denser if it didnt hit 95-96 on the hottest days in there… but, I’m surprised with the density despite the heat. Humidity stayed between 55-60% pretty much the whole flower so they had a decent bit of moisture to combat the heat.

Thanks for throwing up those triple sunshine shots @iamyou_youareme they look really nice. The light greens and the frost are both really appealing. It is interesting to see how things come out in different settings.

5 Likes

Yeah, good call - checked today and saw flowers starting to form on the plants. Don’t know if you got that heavy rain we had yesterday, but that turned the Trip Sun into wet noodles from the weight of the branches. Had to do a crappy quick support when I got home with cable ties, duct tape and old tent poles.

3/4" pvc next to the Trip Sun stem for size comparison

27 Likes

Whats up with this one? Reveg?

6 Likes

Yeah, that was the Chem91 that was inside moved outside because it had a few nanners on it. Put under the Trip sun E, it got fully seeded, and that’s some reveg growth. Will probably throw it out in a few days.

Also cut down the Trip Sun E plant in a 20GAL pot and replaced with a small rootbound irene. Saw a few lacewing eggs on the plant when I chopped it down which was kind of cool. Stem was massive on that plant too.

Moved the Vanilluna Fgen to the spot the TSE was in so that it gets a bit more light as well.

15 Likes

25 Likes

Starting to flower, that’s pretty cool.

Is that that runt TK in the last pic?

3 Likes

Great thread and beautiful photography. Following along :+1:

2 Likes