Testers Needed - Puck HP BC3 Series

Part 2 plants are looking great. Nice and healthy.

1 Like

I am at 6 weeks of 12/12 on the Puck HP BC3 Series crosses. So far no issues so I am encouraged by the tests. The next couple weeks will be the best indicator if any problems are going to show up.

The seeds from pollinating a few lowers with Puck HP BC3 #4 are starting to develop. It has been 2 weeks since pollination.

I am going to start using Finish on them to reduce the nitrogen. Depending on how quickly they start to fade I may add in a shot of Jacks 3-2-1 along the way.

Here are a few shots.

Puck OG18:

Puck Mints #1

CJ Puck

East Coast Puck

Puck HP BC3 F2

Love Puck

Wrecked Skelly

Tuna Puck

Red Skelly

15 Likes

Whew!! The damned camera operator, has not been keeping up with pictures he takes, just folder after folder of pic’s, most are at least labeled, but not then placed into the PROPER labeled project folder!
What a jerk.
First half of my Puck Lights test ladies are now about 30 days or so, into the flower area.
3 are doing some nice bulking up! 2 are taller, the 3rd is smaller, in size, but she is frosting up the ski slopes, very nicely now.
I’ll push them until my loupe shows me trichome development, I like to see, a few clear heads, a few reds, and the rest, cloudy heads.

I think tropicannaCookies x herijuana x cherry west bc is having a feel of the young puck light lady! Kinky!!

Damn fine half way point, I think.
Today, it should be time to up pot the part 2 plants, get them in the 18/6 tent, for about a month, as I wait for some flower area space to open up.
I pulled 2 big Celia bx1’s, and that Tropicanna Cookies x heri x crywst bc, she will soon face the chop.
Most excellent work, Comacus!!

10 Likes

Beautiful job! They all look very nice, healthy, and happy.

2 Likes

Good Morning @Comacus !

Living so close to Petrolia, I’ve always been fascinated with the History of this Petrolia strain…

I am tied-up right now, almost 1/3 into a 20 week “2023 Heirloom” grow here on OG.

This Spring I can promise you 2 PETROLIA Puck plants, to be grown in 3 different locations. If you interested in seeing them grown outdoors in Southern Ontario, I would love to do that for you.

Best Wishes going forward, U can just see people checking their Calendars….

I’m in, if you can wait for a Spring-thing

3 Likes

A few snaps of the flowering 3.
Short one.

Middle plant.

Tall lady.

Will remove a few fan leaves this week also.
webe

10 Likes

They’re looking great!

3 Likes

Well the C.J. Puck #2 started getting bananas so I plucked them off the best I could and moved the plant into isolation. Not completely surprising with the Casey Jones IX1 in the mix.

I think only two people got any of the C.J. Puck #2 packs so I will let them know to scrap those. It does happen sometimes and with so many other nice crosses popping up eliminating one of them to focus on the others is not all bad.

9 Likes

What in the puck lights is going on?
Damn fine buds on these plants Comacus!!
I’m so thrilled looking forward to the other strains you sent to me! How the phuck can they get better?
These ladies are plump, and very fragrant, as I got rid of few main stalk fan leaves.
I gave them a bit of Morbloom last night, 550 PPM’s or so. Their next watering a big LAB’s dose.
Did I say, I love these ladies?

Once that area comes back on, tonight I’ll try an snap a few on a tripod as the buds are so nice.
Great work Comacus!

11 Likes

They look beautiful. Great job!

1 Like

Puck Lights, first half of the gripe of seeds, flower started on 9 30 2023 so about 45 DOF, last night when I snapped these.
I’ve not scoped them, but I’m sure it’s all clear heads still.
Anyway, just lovely buds for sure!! Sturdy as soldiers, very very easy to grow.
This one is the petite lady, with bulking phatty bud’s on her frame. Damn nice plant!!

Same lady spun around.

Ok the middle sized lady Puck Lights.

Last flowering lady to post.

![11 13 2023 017 puck lights 2nd half preflower area|666x500]
(upload://AndFFwfCwkOWg8kXJBdV9Ylppn7.jpeg)
A snap of the second half of the gripe of beans, while in the 18/6 tent.

Very stable genetics, very easy to live with, Love them!
webe

8 Likes

Great job! I know you love Northern Lights so I hope these have all the old school Northern lights you remember with maybe a little something extra added in from the Puck HP BC3.

I am excited to see round 1 finish up, see the dried buds, and look forward to your first smoke report!

3 Likes

Hey Comacus, it has been so many years, and maybe 200-300 other stains I’ve run since then, has my memory diffused a bit.
AND, when I did run it, I was still under the influence of OWT’s, or Old Wives Tales, about growing our fav’s.
One more, AND, I did not buy the seeds, I got mine from QP of a local grown NL, that had maybe a dozen or so good quality beans.
So who nose if I really grew out NL, but the grower swore up and down, they were from a trip to Amsterdam.
I had NO buds as big as I do now. I grew out a lot of buds on the plants, but not thick chunkers like these are.
I wish I had been making and using LAB’s sooner also. I finally wrapped my wee brain around how the LAB’s makes contact with the Down To Earth goodies I use, in my medium. That reaction is just more biological activity.
Once I get to start using my worm bin castings, we’ll be zooming!
Man I really want to Thank You again, for my second chance, as I do really enjoy, growing these out, and SO excited to dry/cure and taste these bud!!
webe

1 Like

You all have a chance to grab some packs of 8th Avenue Genetics, at DC Seed Exchange today until 4:20 pm today.
Puck Lights, super easy to grow, great germination rates, nice bulky plants, from less than perfect conditions. Super plant for small spaces, and newer growers, IMHO!
Puck Lights about 7 weeks of flower.

Ok the second half of the gripe of Puck Lights, still under 18/6 waiting for flower area space.
There are a few bad leafs, as I just let them be, while they hang out. I always clean them up when going to flower.

Last chance today to get super fine genetics for a very reasonable cost, till 4:20!!

3 Likes

Well I did not directly get these into DC Seed Exchange. That being said, it looks like they are being auctioned for a good cause so it is all good!

Your plants are looking great! What is your medium and fertilizer regiment. Not a leaf tip burn in site! Buds look like they are starting to get nice and chunky. That also happened on all the testers I am running starting week 7-8 or so.

2 Likes

I won the auction for the E.C. Kush F1s. It will be sometime late next year before I can get to them with all that I have lined up to grow.

3 Likes

Outstanding! Can’t wait to see what you find in them.

Here is one I have going now. Another week or so of pure water and she will get the chop.

6 Likes

Dang Comacus, sorry for the bad info, about DC Seed Exchange, since you were so generous to me, with your gifts, I was hoping to do you a solid back, LOL!!

SEMOActivist, that was amazing to see great genetics for such decent money per gripe.

Also, I mix up my medium on the floor, and shovel into 35 gallon dedicated Rubbermaid trash cans.
I bought them in 4 colors, when I was a juice junkie, green for Veg juice, Red for Bloom juice, Yellow was for my transition juice, and white for teas/ biologicals/or just plain old water.
I use coco husks/large chunk perlite/a 30lb bag of EWC/A portion of Sunshine Mix # 4/Down To Earth, Acid Mix/Bio Alive/ Feather meal/Bat Guano/Langbeinite/Oyster Shell/ Diatomaceous Earth/ recently I added LAB’s that shit is explosive and amazing!
I reuse a few times, after resting it a cycle, of course reamending each time.
I’ll be pushing the last 6 into flower very soon now.

3 Likes

It’s looking grim for the shorty, Puck Lights. She went to the I’m done look a few days ago, so I spy eyed her last night, got a few cloudy, most are clear, but chop, will be very soon now, but not just yet.
Last night was around the 8th week of so flower.

So, I’m very close to the dance of the late flower shuffle as the Part 2 plants are bouncing off the damn walls in the transition tent!
Screaming for a 12/12 area, they are sick of the 18/6 and getting up early, so rude.
They want to SLEEP IN, and morph, dammit!
webe

6 Likes

She’s a beauty. Love the colors on her.

1 Like