The Bank of Stank

Nice fritter, I had a borg invasion, managed to save clones. :grinning: can’t wait to flower my fritter. Beautiful log to btw, ran out of likes. pfdcawsEdit my og fritter is outside due to flower this season!

20 Likes

@GrowHard, the Deathstar Rephresh beans have been a little disappointing. I popped 9 and only got 6 above soil. 4 guys and two girls. About 2 weeks into flower the #1 girl started showing pollen sacs. There were too many, some on an entire branch, so it was culled. #2 started throwing a few nanners later on around week 3/4, but they were few and easy to pick out. Far as I can tell no new ones have grown since. Here she is at 60 days. Looks like she’ll need 70, just like the original.

So unfortunately only 1 lady and that’s not much to judge by. The buds LOOK very similar to the Deathstar cut but the smells is nothing like it, as to be expected from such a small sample. I can smell the Sour Deisel in there but it’s light, and there’s a much more present musky/shit note up front. Still developing.

None of the males showed any intersex traits. I picked the best looking two and hit the Deathstar cut early on (like 2 weeks in). I was going to pollenate again in a couple weeks until I saw the intersex issues on the girls and decided it wasn’t worth it. I should still have 100 beans from the first pollination if anyone is interested in trying them out.

26 Likes

Dude let’s make some IX babies! Find a good male and send me some pollen, or I’ll send you this cut to play with. It’s been around for a long time. I don’t know if it’s F1 or what. I got it from farmerjoe and his cuts are always legit.

15 Likes

Hell yeah! I likely won’t have a chance to play with the cut for the time being. Maybe if you still got it in a while once I have room. I’m still trying to get the TK and Tangerine Skunk to get going :sweat_smile: but I can definitely send ya the pack if you want it to make an IX. Can likely ship it out tomorrow if you want :wink:

11 Likes

Oooof, I wish! Unfortunately I can’t be playing with too many beans until I get through this clone situation I got myself in. Let’s put a pin in that one for a later date.

12 Likes

Sounds like a plan and good to me, let me know if you get space before I do and I’ll ship em. Otherwise I’ll hit you up first :wink:

10 Likes

Man all your stuff is looking great! I can’t wait to get back up and growing again. Another 2 months and hopefully I’ll be back on top of my craft. Keep crushing it my dude.

9 Likes

@schmarmpit perfect name for your thread as this contains some serious dank!! All grown fantastic :clap: and so good to see all the varieties especially some of the colours, that chocolate rain looked insane :heart_eyes: also the solo berry3 looked and sounded like some really good smoke! Keep it coming mate :sunglasses::v:

9 Likes

At 9 weeks I’m taking half of this Durban and leaving the other half for 10 weeks. The trichs look pretty good. The buds are probably the largest in the tent, fairly dense, and now starting to foxtail. They have an unbelievably strong smell of anise and something like latex paint. The anise smell is almost exactly the same as the Super Lemon Haze I still run.

I think the Apple Fritter will likely go to 10 weeks. The buds look pretty done but the trichs are still clear/milky.

33 Likes

Looking beautiful in here as always brother!

Did you ever do a write up/smoke report on the Motorbreath #15 x Blowfish that you ran from me? Truly no worries either way. I just appreciate you giving my work a spot in your garden.

I am doing my best to narrow down selections right now after running through a nice population of them. I know that I am biased haha, but I have been loving this hybrid quite a bit. A lot of the females are like a nice Motorbreath #15 body was put on a Blowfish frame haha. So foul and funky with only a few sweet back end notes from the Blowfish. The males on the other end are mostly all foul fucking odors. I’m in love haha. Positive vibes…

~nugzz

9 Likes

Yeah I left the review over at the other site but I’ll pop it in here.

From September 2021:

So the Motorbreath#15 x Blowfish was a memorable grow. It broke a few benchmarks for me, mainly the best total yield and best rosin yields I’ve had maybe ever. I was getting over 3oz of big fluffy buds from every plant (3 gal water-only soil), and the rosin returns were slightly over 30%! It was one of the fastest finishing sativa-looking plants I had ever grown. I had 4 girls from 5 seeds and they were all surprisingly uniform. They stretched like mad for 3 weeks and then started packing on buds very quickly. I didn’t take any over 9 weeks. I cut this beaut down first, just shy of 60 days!

Super easy trim job. I can’t even begin to describe the smells during flower. Most had a rancid kind of pukish smell to them. Towards the end they started getting tropical fruit notes mixed in with the garbage stank. And then the dried flower is this really enticing mix of tropical fruits, playdough, maybe some type of fuel?, pepper. So hard to pinpoint the smells on these.

The high is nice. Mostly head and very little body. Not overly strong to spark my anxiety, but strong enough this seasoned smoker can’t finish full joints of it. Nice smooth smoke. And it is my absolute favorite for rolling. Not only the great activity seeking stone, but the buds just crumble apart so easily into perfect rolling material. Not because it’s dry but the calyxes just all break apart from each other soo easily. The buds were big and fluffy, but the calyxes were nice and hard. It’s an interesting bud composition. I’ve only got like 1 oz left in my stash, as you can see it’s nice and golden cured now months later.

Here’s a bunch of other pics from the grow. Definitely would recommend, just make sure you have the height!

Before flip, for order of plants:

A few weeks into flower and I had to top 3 of them as they were growing too close to the light.

6 weeks or so. I left one or two tall branches in the corner so you could see how tall they went.

Later flower bud shots:

32 Likes

I took the Apple Fritter at 67 days because all her branches started laying sideways, even with the net, and I was just done with her in general. Early test samples make me think this is just going to be a cookie hybrid letdown, but I’ll giver her an honest chance with a good cure.

The Forbidden Fruit needs a bit longer, but is swollen and stinks like oranges. It won’t be long!

And I’m taking the B1gwrym to 70 days with the Death Star and Skunk Tangerine. These buds are so dense and greasy. The 90s chem funk smells are just so good. I got excited and took her way too early last time. This run will be much better.

35 Likes

The Apple Fritter looks really good, though. I’m not even joking or making some,”Fuck IG!” comment, she looks real good. Very tasty.

Good to hear about the b1gwyrm Chem. I really oughta plant some seeds of that cross soon…

12 Likes

I’m basically running her just because farmerjoe had it in his arsenal. He holds absolute classic cuts. I was surprised to see this. She does look pretty. But the smell during growth is like kind of moth balls, sour, chemically. A new stank I’m trying to interpret.

13 Likes

haha … yeah she looks good, but the forbidden fruit look and is gonna be better (im just playing i have no idea) i’m growing a forum cookie cross that has this exact bud structure

i like that smell! moth balls are cool

11 Likes

Yeah I didn’t wanna say anything but this has definitely been what I’ve heard of the cut. Looks glorious, may smell/taste it like too, but everything else is :cry:

Look forward to your honest opinion when she and you are ready ^^

Now that B1gwyrm on the other hand :drooling_face:

14 Likes

I just picked up a cut of this one, along with some Jack Herer. Have you run Tangie or Agent Orange before? How orangey are we talkin’ here? I just finished a run of Agent Orange and I’m not sure I wanna run another fruity orange cultivar back to back… guess I should have checked the linage a bit better…shit! It looks beautiful though. Can’t wait to see how she smokes.

13 Likes

I’ve grown lots of orange smelling plants from seed, including Agent Orange. I’ve never grown Tangie as a clone though. But this cut of Skunk Tangerine is definitely the most orange smelling plant I have ever grown. It’s a real citrus peel type orange zing with some funky notes. But the Forbidden Fruit is not far behind. It has a more candy orange smell, but yes, very orange.

Do you have a journal of your Agent Orange grow? Were you using subcools early, pre-fire beans? Or were they Mz Jill’s?

14 Likes

Hahaha. Yeah, it’s a bitch sometimes, trying to interpret those new stanks…

Either way, I wouldn’t put too much stock into an off-putting smell in flower. You know how shit do, once they’re dried and cured for a while…

11 Likes

Good info, thanks for that. I may put Forbidden Fruit on the back burner…

I’ll skip the foreplay and go straight to the money shots of my last grow. Here’s the beginning, if you’d rather start there. I picked up Agent Orange as a clone in Oregon, it’s listed as subcool/TGA genetics, but it’s really hard to track the exact lineage. I’d assume it’s a clone from before he passed and all the MzJill stuff… but what do I know? It’s got an orange peel smell, along with more of a creamy vanilla floral smell, with this cut at least. She’s hanging to dry now, so we’ll see how all that cures out.

11 Likes