The Canadian Contingent (Part 1)

Go INTO the lake.

1 Like

I used to walk on water but someone stole my inflatable shoes.

1 Like

This is a fantastic forum for the sharing of information. I am a newbie to the forum but not to growing. I have had some moderately good outdoor success but dismal indoor.

6 Likes
2 Likes

In case any Canadians were not tagged here is the link to the Spring Box 2023 thread. Updates will be provided there.

8 Likes

Welcome, it is a great forum. Lots of great help to be had here to improve your grow, whether its indoor or outdoor.

1 Like

Welcome to OG @Rayman

1 Like

Thank you and to everyone else that has welcomed me. I have done a bit of reading and am enjoying gleaning some valuable information. I am still having a little problem with being able to post. Sometimes I see no reply tag. Is there a place for reading about the forum and such things?

1 Like

Once I put aside most of my outdoor ideas, listened a bit, my indoor greatly improved.

Anyone have any tips on what to see/what to eat in St. Johns.
Heading there for work in a couple hours, going to be there for the next 4 days with afternoons free and evenings.

2 Likes

Fish, fish and shellfish. If your heart is in good health you can try some scrunchions, fried cod cheeks or tongues. The cheeks are delicious. Talk to a local, Iā€™m sure they would invite you in for a nice moose supper.

4 Likes

Seal flipper pie, cod cheeks, see a band at Oā€™Reillys on George Street, hit Quidi Vidi for a beer, take a stroll down Water Street and over to the Battery, Signal Hill

3 Likes

Stuffin , you want stuffin with that ?
You want a stuffin pizza ?
Moose or caribou and donā€™t forget seatrout or salmon .

1 Like

Be wary fellow Canadians, especially Ontarians.

So my grandfather was a victim of phone fraud.

They called him and talked regularly and built up a rapport, learning family names, etc.

So my grandfather calls me up extremely hostile at me and Iā€™m like ā€œcalm down if you wanna talk about something thatā€™s fine but relax.ā€

So this voice on the phone told him that I me was helping a friend move and there was a small accident but it turns out the truck was loaded with drugs and they need 5k for a cash bond. This bond should be sent fedex and you should tell the person at the counter they are books.

He got the money back after I told him to phone the police.

Keep an eye on your elderly relatives.

PSA from Foreigner.

These phone scams are so bad now that I donā€™t even answer my phone. I donā€™t even think to answer it when it rings because itā€™s a scam anyway.

14 Likes

Many times all they are aiming for is the audio of your voice saying hello so it can be them deepfaked and used in these scams

2 Likes

They use cold reading like a psychic does, they donā€™t even need to know your name.

4 Likes

Had similar with my gramps a couple years ago. Voice on phone pretended to be a grandchild, my grandpa goes ā€œis this sensibowl?ā€ They said yes then went on to say they hit a kid on a bike, messed them up bad and needed 5k to pay off the kids parents without getting police involved.

I get a hostile call from gramps saying I better own up and that I canā€™t have 5k.

I was so very confused, at least he called back to tell me off and never payed lmao

6 Likes

I never answer unless I recognize the number. If its someone I know using a different number they can leave a message.

4 Likes

Depending on you carrier suggestion is turn on your call control if your carrier has that feature, its where a person phoning you has to input a 1-9 random number to connect.

Stops auto dialers and people who actually want to connect will put in prompted number to get to you.

3 Likes

Cold reading is a tactic they use, but not in this case.