The Canadian Contingent (Part 2)

10 Likes

Anyone know much about mushrooms? This monster was in our yard, about 6" across :blush:

4 Likes

I think thatā€™s a Boletus @luxton

5 Likes

Thatā€™s funky looking.
I heard thereā€™s been a abundance of death caps in the lower mainland this year and to keep a look out for them. This isnā€™t one. But kinda scary nevertheless.

1 Like

I have a friend with a 3d printer .
Gotta get him to look to see if he can find an stl file for one of them and see if we canā€™t save some monies .

1 Like

Similar colours, but different shape I think (from the google pics anyway, so, take that for what itā€™s worth, hahaha)

1 Like

Folks are free to do as they wish but personally, I will just keep sending folks to the guy. I would much rather see him supported for his work and really cool idea rather than see his business taken by just copying it. I do have a 3d printer myself but wouldnā€™t feel right just coping another fellows work.

4 Likes

Definitely funky lookingā€¦ Weā€™ll be keeping the dogs away regardless, lol (and watching for any stoned bunnies on the security camera :rofl::rofl:)

1 Like

Looks like something has been munching on it.
It also looks to be confused and upside down. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

This is definitely a boletes mushroom but what type is more challenging to identify. The tubules or spongy looking underside shows ots part of that family

3 Likes

I also just did a google pic search, looks like @Pigeonman knows his zoomers.

3 Likes

Those big mushrooms are called cowboy hats in the pickers world. Theyre the marker/indicator there in the area and to slow down and look more closely

4 Likes

Very cool everyone, crowd knowledge is the best :grin::grin:. Thank you!!

Quick question for the Canadian mob. Can anyone recommend any good books on Tommy Douglas?

3 Likes

Canā€™t think of the name but these one thatā€™s written as a historical novel.

1 Like

As long as he didnā€™t take someone elses file you are correct .
Iā€™ve seen many reselllers take open source and change the design a bit then relabel as their design.
I guess that itā€™s not really a lie .

3 Likes

Hey folks! Be on the watch as these fuckers have just recently been found in the middle of T.dot so who knows where else they exist:

ā€œHammerhead worms, growing to about five to eight centimetres long, are easily distinguishable from earthworms. Their fan-shaped, yellow-to-tan-coloured body with a long dark dorsal stripe that does not extend over their heads is a clear identifier. Recognizing these worms is important given the threat that they pose to ecosystems in Ontario.ā€

6 Likes

Yes ive known about them. I have not seen one yet. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I found an open source from 2020, 8.4x12

2 Likes

I have seen that, too. He has a shop that sells many things 3d printed on Etsy, and I would assume he is designing these things, but I canā€™t say for sure. I have seen many files online but not with this specific design. His price on these units is also pretty good IMO. I would not be comfortable copying what I am assuming is his design. That said, if one finds an open source file published online, that would be different.

3 Likes