The Gauntlet 2023

Pics from the deck. Hazy smoke from the Flat fire here. Every year now. :frowning_face:

12 Likes

61uX4bkE6bL.UC256,256_CACC,256,256

9 Likes

I’m sure you would. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sucks about the Subaru. Glad you’re ok though. What a loser pulling a hit-n-run. I loved those years of the “box” forester. We’re on our third forester. This 2020 is the newest car we’ve ever owned.

@Indicana_Jones, Subaru’s are great, reliable, and very safe vehicles. If you stay on top of general maintenance, they’ll run with them Honda’s and Yota’s. Hell, I seen one with about 500k on it once! Only downside I see is a guaranteed timing belt every 100-120k miles.

Sorry I’ve been MIA. Gonna be continuing a 60+hrs work week tomorrow…grrr.

5 Likes

It’s only the drivers side headlight assembly. Fender I can fix. I’m looking for a red fender not looking good. If I fix it I’m not replacing it. Subaru is one of the best rated vehicles for collisions. Little Sherman tanks.

2 Likes

Been there many times.

1 Like

Yeah, they’ve been top of their class in safety rating almost their entire existence. Especially side impact. These new ones have what looks like a latch catch assembly at the base of the rear doors. I couldn’t figure out why for the longest time. But, it’s some type of crumple protection.

I agree, just replace what it needs to keep it going. Bet you’re sure glad it missed the radiator though! Good luck finding a pick n pull fender. Even if you do find that color…you know it won’t match, lol.

2 Likes

Found
Gold
Green
Gray
Blue
White
Hell No. :rofl: I will pound that shit out.

3 Likes

Lol, of course!
Them ones buckled in the seams will be tricky. If you’re gonna take it off to do it, I’d suggest a couple small blocks of wood to place between the inside of the fender and your weapon of choice. Less chance of more buckling or paint cracks. :+1:

4 Likes

My buddies doing all that. He has body shop tools.

3 Likes

6:30 am on a Saturday and I’m outta likes for the next hour? What kinda nonsense is this?

3 Likes

Patchwork Subarus are common out here, I’d have no hesitation.

I got a Forester Turbo after my CR-V got hit. I’ve been enjoying it. Thanks for the reminder on the timing belt, just crossed over 100K.

Nice deck view, bummer about all the fires. Gorgeous!

5 Likes

Smoke this morning from the Flat fire. :nauseated_face:

4 Likes

That is a beautiful deck pick wow! Ya check out my outside photo already.

5 Likes

I love those first flowers. :sunglasses: :metal:

1 Like

Throwback Thursday on Sat. :sunglasses: :metal:
Last year’s Indiana Bubblegum Oct 19th pull 10 week min cut.

19 Likes

Morning feeding. 1 1/2 gallons of top water each pot.

2 gallons each.
2 Gallon Mix
3 grams Meg A
4.5 grams Meg B
3 grams Sweet Candy 0-27-27
1 TBS Molasses
1/2 TBS Big Bloom
1/2 TBS Microbe
1/2 tsp Kelp
Thanks for Following. :sunglasses: :metal: :peace_symbol:
P.S I measured the tallest Wonder Dawg “west row” from the stem coming out of the pot it’s 78". Topped 4 times.

5 Likes

That’s a zoom in from my phone. Probably 300 yards from my deck that closest old growth tree there. Not my property. I wish. Stunning. :100:

5 Likes

Great thing about that is it doesn’t have to be your property for you to enjoy it! I’d love morning wake and bake/coffee in the deck with that view! I can see mini mountains but nothing but desert up to them not very pretty at all. I’m partial to green and colorful not dead, brown, and pokey.

3 Likes

Wonder Dawg crossed the 6’ mark you are in trouble now :rofl:

Your weather looks nice too. I’d love to have a high below 90, just for a day.

I have a farm grass pasture on my property line, which I enjoy despite not owning it. It’s like an extended back yard. I’d trade it for those trees in a heartbeat though.

3 Likes

I’ve seen it in the distance I think once in your pics. Looks really nice. :sunglasses:

3 Likes