The Gossamer Years

I do so declare that my battle against the thrips has concluded! It’s been several days without a sign of one, and zero have been caught by the stickies. I’ve also released the Orius adults in there two days ago to really seal the deal. These pictures are from two days ago, but man, everything is starting to look real good. Especially the Goji OG.

Some plants are demonstrating deficiency symptoms. I started the increased phosphorus and potassium feed on week 3 as directed by Drip Hydro, but am going to shift the timing on that by a few days.

Diane Simmons

And Lung Buster

Those Lung Buster seeds will be the last I purchase from Solfire.

Also, the Cheetah Piss cross did show signs of burn from the IPM solution sadly.

Nothing else to report there, besides that I’m very excited for this Night Terror OG!

󠀠
󠀠The theme for this upcoming run is Bagseed.

I bagseed,
You bagseed,
We, he, she; bagseed.

Let’s talk 2x2

This fella named Ghost (who’s actually a human) put some bagseed up for sell on his website.

And since I’m doing this whole cake hunt thing, I bought them.

So 6 of the plants in there are those randos, and also 1 Rotten Tarts bagseed I got form some Oklahoma bud. It’s supposedly Frosted Cherry Cookies, Papayahuasca, and Garlic Juice all crossed together. A single seed came out of an ounce of bud and I was excited as shit. This bud was fantastic. Hoping for something similar with the baby. Anyway, there’s also 3 Lemon Cherry Sherb (LEMON CHERRY GELATO X SUNSET SHERBET) that I got as a freebie from Cookies because they fucked up my order the first time. Lastly, I have a Wedding Cake x OGKB v2.1 going. I got a 3 pack freebie and have previously popped 2, but they were both chumps.

This third one was almost a chump as it was growing ass up. I had never seen anything like it before.

So I dug it out

And then kind of just plopped it right on in there.

And although this picture may be low quality

We can discern that it’s doing a lot better now.

󠀠
󠀠
Let’s talk what’s next.

We’ve got all the Golden Shower bukkakes going

As well as some Banana OG.

Lastly, I just wanted to say that you look great today.

3 Likes

Congrats on removing the thrips so quickly. :clap:t2:Grow looks insanely bushy!! Monster yields to come no doubt!
You did the right thing turning that sucker around, once I just let an upside down rooted sprout go just to see what would happen, the root turned green and tried to become a double ender and then … died. Haha.

2 Likes

You think so? Those two weeks kind of felt eternal lol. Once I learned that I just had to spray the shit out of everything within the tent, it was game over.

I’m hoping for some serious heat from it, only time will tell. The other two were mutants though so at least this one’s somewhat normal.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Combian A.S.S x Golden Showers bagseed.

3 Likes

2 Likes

I lied, just noticed some juvenile thrips in the 10x10. Zero signs of the Orius insects either, I don’t think they survived the shipping because I haven’t seen a single one moving around in the tent after releasing them.

I’m going to hang some traps and just let them ride at this point. Harvest at day 60 and shut the tent down for cleaning.

2 Likes

Defoliated her some today.

I need to fix my sleep schedule.

6 Likes

Continuing on with the bagseed run, I’m counting today as day 1 for the 2x4.

So, the plan with these pals is to flip them in 7 days to flower. I’m not too sure that they’ll be developed enough to start flowering, but they’ll do so whenever they’re ready.

Meanwhile, this 2x2 is getting a little crowded. I’ll probably move the ladies into the 4x5 downstairs later tonight (hoping the thrips don’t attack them). Then, once the 2x4 gets flipped, so will these girls. They’re going in 1 gals, so I may throw a few of the more promising looking 2x4 ones in the 4x5 if there’s enough room.

I emailed naturesgoodguys about the Orius insects and they said that it’s going to be extremely difficult to find them, as they’ll hide deep in the foliage. I’m hoping they are still doing their work, because so far I have just noticed a few jouvanile thrips, nothing too outrageous.

I’ve read that I shouldn’t compost the foliage of these plants because of the eggs, but wouldn’t the temperatures from composting kill them? I’m only now getting into composting so if anyone knows more, please drop that knowledge.

I took some phone shots of Fujiwara today, she’s my Goji OG girl. She’s been the most impressive plant in the garden, and today she started smelling very mildly of earth and berries.

She’s a bit deficient, so I’ll have to give her siblings a higher feed whenever I pop them.

5 Likes

I sprayed them down with Athena IPM before closing the tent. Fingers crossed the thrips don’t get em’.

5 Likes

I really like the leaves on Pucca.

󠀠
󠀠
󠀠Day 1 of 12/12

6 Likes

I noticed a seed being produced by Kali and a few on Dabadi. The seeds were quite green, so it must have happened recently. I checked for anthers, and I believe I found one on Dabadi (Blue Kush). I stupidly tried plucking it with my fingers to photograph and accidentally obliterated it. I’m going to keep a close eye on her and keep plucking if I see them. Anyway, the smell form Kali (Golden Showers) as I took out that seed was nuts. Mango citrus funk. It’s dope.

5 Likes

Hola mis amigos. I hope that everyone is doing well! I’m still fighting the good battle, attempting to stay one step ahead of my mental.

• I’ve culled 3 seedlings from the 2x4. 2 Emily offspring, and 1 Banana OG. All mutants.

󠀠
󠀠
󠀠

Elise (Fried Banana)

󠀠

󠀠

Fujiwara no Michitsuna no HaHa (Goji OG)

󠀠

󠀠

󠀠

:frowning: (OG KUSH)

5 Likes

Well, I found another banana on the Blue Kush female.

I’m thinking about cutting her on Monday. I’ve got midterms this weekend so I can’t really get to it till then. Very excited to be wrapping up this grow here soon.

Also, I’m fairly certain the Banana OGs are real sensitive to being rootbound. I took the stumps of the mothers outback to start a compost bin and there were practically no roots extending into the 3 gallon I had transplanted them to, all except Bubby.

What’s more, 1 banana OG has began showing stress symptoms already.

Well my sweet baked potatoes, I wish you a fair evening.

5 Likes

Well captured!
Hey speaking of banana, have you ever smelled or tasted a banana terp in cannabis?
I have done 2 with banana in the name and nada.

1 Like

Thanks man, I luckily didn’t try picking it up before photographing it this time.

I actually just did a whole preservation run on a strain that smelled a lot like bananas. I’ll link ya the thread.

Once they start going out in the Fall, I’ll send you some if you’d like.

1 Like

Goodluck on the midterms my friend. Interesting the blue kush has a nanner. I saw pat healy’s pineapple skunk had a nanner. Then my blue kush x pineapple skunk had a couple nanners. I don’t know what to do with that information but it’s the information I’ve got. :metal:t2:

1 Like

Thank you dude, I have two papers due today and I don’t even know where to start.

I think what I’m going to do with that information is place those Blue Kush seeds in the corner of my fridge and not think about them for a long time. Both plants I have smell really strong of pepper too which isn’t my cup of jazz.

1 Like

Wow man, you really did!

2 Likes

Nothing like homemade bread.

2 Likes